..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Btw, is it intended that swiping to switch profiles works when touchpad is disabled with TP+PS?

Also, when TP is disabled and I swipe to switch profiles - the TP is re-enabled again.
(08-24-2014, 01:57 PM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]Lotta different points I wanted to shed some light on here

The thing is, the Hide DS4/Exclusive mode option cannot exist inside a profile because it is a value that is needed at the time of connection to the device, and profiles do not load until after the device is connected and the MAC is determined, its a chicken and the egg scenario.

Making a profile that is a DS4 emulation profile wouldnt really accomplish much because the device would still be reported as a XInput device, you could simply stop the DS4 Tool for these applications.

With the Xinput/Dinput either/or checkbox, you wouldn't really need the hide DS4 option anymore right?

There is a state where if someone has hide ds4 and then checks dinput only, that nothing will be showing as controllers and if you wanted to use dinput only in one game but xinput in another, you would have to keep going into the program which would probably defeat the purpose of adding the dinput only option because it would be too much changing from the user's end.

If an xinput only checkbox is inside profiles too and would work with hide ds4 being on still, then it would remedy the no controllers shown issue if hide ds4 is really needed in the settings area and users wouldn't have to keep changing it. Or if it could be made so that Dinput only would work with hide ds4 so it wouldn't show no controller, that would be another solution.
Hi all,

First, thanks for all the hard work you are doing here. It works so well!
Do you think we will have any chance of getting the speaker to work?
Keep it up!
(08-24-2014, 04:12 PM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]With the Xinput/Dinput either/or checkbox, you wouldn't really need the hide DS4 option anymore right?
You absolutely need it because as SC explains in the link above, there are some games that absolutely will not work with it one way or another.

(08-24-2014, 04:12 PM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]There is a state where if someone has hide ds4 and then checks dinput only, that nothing will be showing as controllers and if you wanted to use dinput only in one game but xinput in another, you would have to keep going into the program which would probably defeat the purpose of adding the dinput only option because it would be too much changing from the user's end.
This state would never be possible because the only way to have a DI only option is if the program itself is not running or in a stopped state, and if its not running then no profile or program options mean anything including the hide DS4

(08-24-2014, 04:12 PM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]If an xinput only checkbox is inside profiles too and would work with hide ds4 being on still, then it would remedy the no controllers shown issue if hide ds4 is really needed in the settings area and users wouldn't have to keep changing it. Or if it could be made so that Dinput only would work with hide ds4 so it wouldn't show no controller, that would be another solution.
Again, these two things are contradictory, the only output the application send is Xinput, the ghost image of the still existing DS4 is not a output of the DS4 tool, it is the original input of the controller itself, meaning no mappings nothing, just a original HID device. The 'Hide' option is somewhat confusing due to its being mislabeled, all this option does is connects to the DS4 taking exclusive control of it, keeping other application from seeing (usually) the original device, but some poorly coded applications :cough: Teamspeak3 :cough: try to connect to the device for some stupid reason even if it is set as exclusive, thus the hang.

(08-24-2014, 04:53 PM)hamletiano Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all,

First, thanks for all the hard work you are doing here. It works so well!
Do you think we will have any chance of getting the speaker to work?
Keep it up!

The dreaded question on this project lol, unfortunately no, never, and you can thank Sony for that because they hard coded that into the DS4s Firmware.
"This state would never be possible"

It's hard to follow this part. What I was saying was that if I have hide DS4 checked and checked dinput only, windows won't see any controllers and no game will see the controllers.

The problem can be solved by the program auto-unchecking 'hide ds4' when 'dinput only' is checked and rechecking 'hide ds4' if 'dinput only' is unchecked and if 'hide ds4' was checked previously. And when 'dinput only' is checked, 'hide ds4' should be greyed out so it can't be switched until you uncheck 'dinput only' to prevent problems.
(08-24-2014, 06:09 PM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]"This state would never be possible"

It's hard to follow this part. What I was saying was that if I have hide DS4 checked and checked dinput only, windows won't see any controllers and no game will see the controllers.

The problem can be solved by the program auto-unchecking 'hide ds4' when 'dinput only' is checked and rechecking 'hide ds4' if 'dinput only' is unchecked and if 'hide ds4' was checked previously.

But the tool is not capable of outputting a DInput controller, The only way to use your controller as a DI device is if the tool is not running or in a stopped state, and if its not running or stopped then the Hide option has no effect; so essentially these 2 things could never happen at once.
Unchecking 'hide ds4' and checking 'dinput only' makes it so that the controller is in dinput mode. You didn't know that he just put 'dinput only' in profiles?
Didn't expect a quick burst of post so I'll try to get though them, thanks for answering some jheb.

(08-24-2014, 05:38 AM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks. It was a long while ago. It's understandable that it was forgotten.

Like these: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki...ne_Options

Say like I wanted to use code in a program to activate something in yours and I wanted to say:

For example, in autohotkey it would look like this:

Run "path to ds4windows exe" start ;<--presses start button

-or-

Run "path to ds4windows exe" stop ;<--presses stop button

If using something like this in a shortcut made for DS4 Windows, inside the shortcut would read:

"F:\Users\Name\My Documents\DS4Windows\DS4Windows.exe\" -start

or

"F:\Users\Name\My Documents\DS4Windows\DS4Windows.exe\" -stop

Unrelated, I see that you put to use direct input only inside the profile. It would be more useful as well to put the hide ds4 there too because if you are using that option, you would want that to be turned off so that windows can see the directinput. Currently, you would have to keep switching it off and on manually because the hide ds4 option isn't in the profile section to be used with profiles and you wouldn't be able to efficiently use it with a specific item in a game profile. Maybe even changing it up a bit and just having xinput box and dinput box (only being able to check one or the other and not both at the same time) would clarify things.

I could do command lines like that if you want. As for the hide ds4 thing, jheb already explained that.
(08-24-2014, 03:25 PM)TheDeadSkin Wrote: [ -> ]Makes sense, thanks for clarification.

Then I have another question - could you please add Stop/Start functionality to context menu in tray?
Like this

[Image: f44705fcf8.jpg]

Can do.
(08-24-2014, 03:29 PM)Typo Wrote: [ -> ]That makes a lot of sense now.

On top of the Start/Stop idea (I think there may already be a Stop button actually), what about making it so when the Hide DS4 option is used, the program will restart itself after prompting the user that this option change requires a program restart?

I dunno about that, for some people and cases, hide ds4 works perfectly fine without restarting the tool, but I could add a prompt.
(08-24-2014, 03:35 PM)TheDeadSkin Wrote: [ -> ]Btw, is it intended that swiping to switch profiles works when touchpad is disabled with TP+PS?

Also, when TP is disabled and I swipe to switch profiles - the TP is re-enabled again.

It is, I see no reason why profile switching shouldn't work then, though I'll try to fix the TP being re-enabled.
(08-24-2014, 06:47 PM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]Unchecking 'hide ds4' and checking 'dinput only' makes it so that the controller is in dinput mode. You didn't know that he just put 'dinput only' in profiles?

He's working on his own builds, how was he supposed to know? Anyway, it was roughly added in, and I'm still working on it, as of right now it doesn't work in wireless mode, etc. I do plan to add more automation to it.

EDIT: Forgot a post, if I forgot any others, just repost it please:
(08-24-2014, 12:06 PM)DirtyShady Wrote: [ -> ]Why it's not my french translation ? here

http://goo.gl/d07tLl

I'm still using the translations from there. There was a recent update them, so I added some new translations to it.
"I could do command lines like that if you want."

Alright. I only need those two. But if you want to add more or all, that's fine too. Whatever you would like to do.

"He's working on his own builds, how was he supposed to know?"

You announced it in post 1189 and that was what I and a few others were referencing?

"Anyway, it was roughly added in, and I'm still working on it, as of right now it doesn't work in wireless mode, etc. I do plan to add more automation to it."

Okay, cool.

Overall, if I or anyone else hadn't expressed it enough, thanks for your time and friendly ear.
(08-24-2014, 06:47 PM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]Unchecking 'hide ds4' and checking 'dinput only' makes it so that the controller is in dinput mode. You didn't know that he just put 'dinput only' in profiles?

The issue is the confusion in vernacular, contrary to the setting name, 'Hide DS4' does not actually hide the DS4.