..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Jays2Kings. I was wondering if you could add something to your awesome Xinput mapper for the DS4? Could you add an option to disable the trackpad as soon the controller connects to the pc?
(08-31-2014, 08:59 PM)rikai Wrote: [ -> ]I installed SCP-DS-Driver-Package-1.2.0.160.7, ran the SCPDriver.exe to install the driver & then did the DS4 stuff mentioned in the post and nothing else, really... so i'm not exactly sure what tool i'm not supposed to be running that is conflicting?

The service? I've tried both with and without the service installed and it made no difference to being detected.

The monitor? I only ran it for that screenshot to show that it was being recognized somewhere, otherwise it's not ever being run.

The server? I haven't been using that at all, as i believe that is used for bluetooth stuff anyway?

So i'm not sure what exactly would be conflicting, as far as i know there are no other tools packaged with it that could be running...

You are not supposed to be running the service monitor or server if you plan on using a different tool
(08-31-2014, 10:00 PM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]You are not supposed to be running the service monitor or server if you plan on using a different tool

I figured that was what you meant, and i thought that might be the issue as well after i first started the monitor after i installed it, however i am not running either of those in any of my testing, other than for that one screenshot, so that isn't what is causing the lack of detection.

Even, double checked the process list to be sure in case it didn't shut down correctly, so yeah, pretty sure it's not a tool conflict.
(08-31-2014, 10:26 PM)rikai Wrote: [ -> ]I figured that was what you meant, and i thought that might be the issue as well after i first started the monitor after i installed it, however i am not running either of those in any of my testing, other than for that one screenshot, so that isn't what is causing the lack of detection.

Even, double checked the process list to be sure in case it didn't shut down correctly, so yeah, pretty sure it's not a tool conflict.

If your not using SCPs original tool you're better off sticking with the SCP drivers that come with the tool you do plan on using, and if you want to use electro brains your better off using the 1.2.2 version of the drivers.
(08-31-2014, 10:30 PM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]If your not using SCPs original tool you're better off sticking with the SCP drivers that come with the tool you do plan on using, and if you want to use electro brains your better off using the 1.2.2 version of the drivers.

Well, i uninstalled the driver, removed everything, installed the driver and 360 driver via Jays2Kings' tool, plugged in my controller and nada. Not detected. Only thing that gave any indication that it recognized being plugged in at all was that the lightbar pulsed orange a single time. Nothing else. Did i screw up something by installing the SCP drivers?
(09-01-2014, 10:04 AM)rikai Wrote: [ -> ]Well, i uninstalled the driver, removed everything, installed the driver and 360 driver via Jays2Kings' tool, plugged in my controller and nada. Not detected. Only thing that gave any indication that it recognized being plugged in at all was that the lightbar pulsed orange a single time. Nothing else. Did i screw up something by installing the SCP drivers?

The SCP drivers are a mess, they share the same guid and names as the DS3 ones and can cause all kinds of conflicting issues, coupled with the fact that there is not real 'installer' for them only an injector so they are not easily fully removed. Perhaps a driver utility program can help fully clear them out and give you a fresh slate to try from Jays utility again?
Silly question, did you hit the PS button to wake it up?
@jhebbel You have said that you might implement support for ds3 tto Your tool but it's not a priority (understandable). But I was wondering are you planning to add to the tool before experimenting With ds3 support and how long do you think this would take?
(09-01-2014, 01:49 PM)roli Wrote: [ -> ]@jhebbel You have said that you might implement support for ds3 tto Your tool but it's not a priority (understandable). But I was wondering are you planning to add to the tool before experimenting With ds3 support and how long do you think this would take?

Add what to the tool before DS3 support? other features? I still have Macros to reprogram and finish and thats a pretty decent chunk of code/time, The biggest setbacks for DS3 development are 1) I dont even own a DS3, making it hard to code for and 2) the impact that the added support will have on the entire application having to code some things twice and disable certain features for DS3 etc.

Adding other controllers is very possible with the way this is set up, just tricky with all things considered.
(09-01-2014, 01:54 PM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]Add what to the tool before DS3 support? other features? I still have Macros to reprogram and finish and thats a pretty decent chunk of code/time, The biggest setbacks for DS3 development are 1) I dont even own a DS3, making it hard to code for and 2) the impact that the added support will have on the entire application having to code some things twice and disable certain features for DS3 etc.

Adding other controllers is very possible with the way this is set up, just tricky with all things considered.
Oh, okay but I would love to have ds3 support, but it's Your tool so choose as you want Smile
(09-01-2014, 12:47 PM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]The SCP drivers are a mess, they share the same guid and names as the DS3 ones and can cause all kinds of conflicting issues, coupled with the fact that there is not real 'installer' for them only an injector so they are not easily fully removed. Perhaps a driver utility program can help fully clear them out and give you a fresh slate to try from Jays utility again?
Silly question, did you hit the PS button to wake it up?

Yeah, i had hit the PS button. Was no response from the controller at all.

I did, however, get all the other utilities to work after i popped open the device manager and realized there was still a 'wireless controller' device listed using the libusb whatever custom driver i saw SCP install when i did the DS4 install instructions. Right clicked > properties > driver > uninstall > made sure i checked "Delete the driver software for this device". After that, i re-ran the install from Jays2kings utility, stopped and started it again, and suddenly all the DS tools work. Hooray!

Thanks for putting up with my dumbness! Laugh