..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08-31-2014, 09:50 PM)Nightfire37 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Jays2Kings. I was wondering if you could add something to your awesome Xinput mapper for the DS4? Could you add an option to disable the trackpad as soon the controller connects to the pc?

As in still have it at a certain value/sensitivity, but it starts off. Yeah I should be able to do that.

Also I want to get the opinion of something before I actually do it:

Would any of you guys like a mode where you don't use the touchpad as a mouse, but instead can map directional swipes to a direction? It's not something easy to add, but I'd like to know if people would use it before putting in the work.
Hi guys
My Base language is not ENG so maybe i will have some problem with this , anyway...
i have PS4 and i tried to connect and pair the controller DS4 with PC with blue tooth.
i use scpserver.
in first i had some problem but i fixed that but recently i have a new problem :
the connection between PC & DS4 is stable but every time that i don't want to play anymore and turn off DS4 , in the next time i have to remove device (DS4) and pair again to i can play againSad
in the last time when every time i tried to pair , in installing progress , i saw this : Bluetooth hid device failed !
that's itBiggrin so help me ...
(09-01-2014, 10:14 PM)AM!R Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys
My Base language is not ENG so maybe i will have some problem with this , anyway...
i have PS4 and i tried to connect and pair the controller DS4 with PC with blue tooth.
i use scpserver.
in first i had some problem but i fixed that but recently i have a new problem :
the connection between PC & DS4 is stable but every time that i don't want to play anymore and turn off DS4 , in the next time i have to remove device (DS4) and pair again to i can play againSad
in the last time when every time i tried to pair , in installing progress , i saw this : Bluetooth hid device failed !
that's itBiggrin so help me ...

If you're using scpserver, then you should ask about that in this thread: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wr...Controller

This tool is different and goes by the name DS4Windows, you'd to remove the driver you have now and install the one on the first page of this thread, or the one that comes in my or jheb's version.

Also new (DS4Windows) version time:

Version 1.4.0.55
Added start/stop to notification icon
Right click on the status icon in the main window to disconnect the controller (BT only)
Rumble testing actually varies as the boost value changes (you won't notice a change with testing past 100%)
Better lightbar flashing, color has a better chance of changing back after not flashing etc.
Moved source code to Github, the link is on the about page of DS4Windows and my sig on pcsx2.net
Special feature (beta) for those who have a profile for Distance and use the controller in X360 mode.
What about the [Stop] not turning off all the lights when wired?

And what does this mean?:
"Special feature (beta) for those who have a profile for Distance and use the controller in X360 mode." Edit: nevermind. Got confused when you said Distance. Thought you meant something else but instead you mean the game called Distance.
(09-01-2014, 07:45 PM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]As in still have it at a certain value/sensitivity, but it starts off. Yeah I should be able to do that.

Also I want to get the opinion of something before I actually do it:

Would any of you guys like a mode where you don't use the touchpad as a mouse, but instead can map directional swipes to a direction? It's not something easy to add, but I'd like to know if people would use it before putting in the work.

Sweet thanks. I never use the trackpad anyway but that's just me.
(09-02-2014, 05:04 PM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]What about the [Stop] not turning off all the lights when wired?
Because when utility is stopped - the tool just stops controlling DS4. This means control over it goes back to Windows, and default scenario in this case is a switch of light to white. I guess this can't be fixed.
(09-02-2014, 05:04 PM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]What about the [Stop] not turning off all the lights when wired?

And what does this mean?:
"Special feature (beta) for those who have a profile for Distance and use the controller in X360 mode." Edit: nevermind. Got confused when you said Distance. Thought you meant something else but instead you mean the game called Distance.

Sorry, I keep forgetting about that, I'll add that in later today.

And that's exactly as it sounds, its a small feature for those who have Distance (though that's probably next to no one here): make a profile with distance in the name, and the lightbar reacts to the game, however it uses rumble to detect the game's state, which is why it needs to use xinput (but the game supports regular dinput too, however this has no rumble). Basically if you've played it's prequel: Nitronic Rush, or games like Motorstorm, if you use nitrous too much, the car will begin to overheat and eventually explode. The lightbar goes red and starts to flash as you get close to overheating. You can try this if you know a game that you own that's similar, just make a profile with distance in the name, it's just a little fun thing I decided to try and kept it in there.

EDIT:

(09-02-2014, 07:13 PM)TheDeadSkin Wrote: [ -> ]Because when utility is stopped - the tool just stops controlling DS4. This means control over it goes back to Windows, and default scenario in this case is a switch of light to white. I guess this can't be fixed.

I made it so the lightbar changes white as the last action done before losing control of the controller, Windows doesn't interact with the lightbar at all, so it will stay whatever color it was assigned, so yeah I can assign it to whatever color right before ds4windows stop.

Version 1.4.0.56
Lightbar turns off when pressing Stop while wired
Hey Jay2Kings,

Really enjoying your DS4Win build, but I have been having a problem with games minimizing back to Windows (losing focus and heading back straight to desktop) on random intervals (which is really annoying during PvP in Dark Souls 2 Tongue). This isn't an issue when playing with a controller disconnected on other games, so I kinda haphazardly narrowed it down to this. I was wondering if there's something in settings that I miss that could resolve this issue.

Thanks again!
Hey, that Distance feature sounds cool. I've been eyeing that game since the KS, so I can't wait to give it all a try.
Jays2Kings, i don't have a DS4 but as I have read in your signature it seems you did a great job. Do you have any plans to support DS3? I ask this because it seems Scarlet Crush isn't active anymore and it would be cool to have one more tool to choose from.

Regards