..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, finally updated to the newer version of this with shift modifiers, tilt use and such.. great work.

One issue though I can't figure out in the UI - when I activate a command with a shift modifier (using it for music controls), the original command also activates at the same time. So for example I have a button for tab and shifted to mute; it will work as tab normally but hit both tab and mute when in shift mode. If that is working properly, is there anyway to have it only activate the shift version?
Small request, not sure how easy it would be to implement. When minimized to the tray if you alt+tab it comes up as an open program. Any way to remove it from alt+tab programs when its minimized to the tray?
So, I'm having a couple of weird issues on Windows 8.1 with the Jays2Kings build:

1. If I don't have a mouse plugged into my PC (when it's plugged into my TV, like a console), the mouse cursor is invisible when controlled by the DS4. Having a mouse plugged in fixes this, even if it's a wireless mouse's receiver, but if there's NOTHING plugged in, the cursor just isn't there. When using DS4Windows on Windows 7, it was on a laptop with a touchpad always plugged in, so I can't say whether or not the problem is specific to Windows 8.1 or not. I'm running the program as an administrator, but nothing is fixing it.

2. No matter what I do, I can't get DS4Windows to run when Windows starts. It worked in Windows 7, but in 8.1, it just doesn't do it, whether I tell the program itself to start automatically or if I manually make a shortcut and put it into the Startup folder.

Ultimately, what I'm trying to do is find a way to get DS4Windows to load before I even log into Windows, so I don't even need a mouse when I don't want to use one. I know it's a bit unconventional, but I like tinkering with this stuff.

EDIT: I got it st start with Windows 8; turns out that 8 is just a finnicky little jerk compared to 7 as far as UAC goes.
Also, does anyone know how to make a macro that does CTRL+ALT+DEL? I try to make one, but as you can imagine, it just brings me to the CTRL+ALT+DEL menu in the middle of recording the macro.
(10-04-2014, 09:15 AM)pedrovay2003 Wrote: [ -> ]Also, does anyone know how to make a macro that does CTRL+ALT+DEL? I try to make one, but as you can imagine, it just brings me to the CTRL+ALT+DEL menu in the middle of recording the macro.

This one I can answer, For Windows security reasons Ctr+Alt+Del cannot be simulated, it has to cove from a signed kernel level driver (which this program is not). Alternatively I believe there is an EXE or DLL call that can call the lock screen directly but that would require a lil googling
I paid the $2 to remove the ads, but now it says " Unable to connect to DSDCS.com" and there is no login button in the menu bar.

I can still plug in my controller and it will work, but seeing the bar at the bottom and not being able to login after paying is frustrating.

Any help?
(10-04-2014, 06:26 PM)Takwin Wrote: [ -> ]I paid the $2 to remove the ads, but now it says " Unable to connect to DSDCS.com" and there is no login button in the menu bar.

I can still plug in my controller and it will work, but seeing the bar at the bottom and not being able to login after paying is frustrating.

Any help?

Login is in the menu under your username if already logged in or guest if not. And please dont use other peoples threads to contact me for support with my fork, its not fair to the people using this thread for their own fork.
(10-04-2014, 12:40 PM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]This one I can answer, For Windows security reasons Ctr+Alt+Del cannot be simulated, it has to cove from a signed kernel level driver (which this program is not). Alternatively I believe there is an EXE or DLL call that can call the lock screen directly but that would require a lil googling

Ah, I see. I didn't know the menu was that protected. Thanks, I'll see what else I can come up with.
(10-05-2014, 04:22 AM)pedrovay2003 Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, I see. I didn't know the menu was that protected. Thanks, I'll see what else I can come up with.

not so much the menu just the keystroke combination, additionally many other windows command level shortcuts also cannot be simulated such as Alt-Tab. But the lock screen itself may be UAC elevated meaning once in it unless DS4T is run as an admin its likely you would not have mouse control.
Is there a swap motors option somewhere? I am using Jay's version and couldn't find anything in the GUI or XML config files.

I feel like, at least in some games, the motors aren't mapped correctly. At the moment the left/right is flipped, yes? Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought left is heavy and right is light for both controllers? Which would mean they shouldn't be flipped.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/...on_effects