..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'll take a look into Mouse/Drag Mode problems with stuck keys. Button Mode was the one I implemented "from scratch" which tends to work better at any given time, and the others haven't necessarily gotten as much attention. Did you try the two-finger right-click gesture?
(04-07-2014, 08:42 PM)Donbabbeo Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, i messed around with DS4Windows and tried to make it work nicely with DS4Ui. Used a custom event instead of an empty event args and added the same event also during the connection of a new controller.

I couldn't try it (i'm using the PC at work) but the service start without problem and wait for a controller. Can anyone test it for me?

To install the service, just launch ServiceDestroyer and click on the button to install it, then launch the DS4Tool.
ATM the DS4Tool is only receiving signals from the service, so only connection/disconnection/battery level; if it works the next step is copying all the functions of the old client and crossing the fingers Biggrin

Okay, it does start and allow the controller to connect and go through different mouse modes, but none of them output mouse events and I can't get the GUI DS4Tool to display anything at that point; do you have the source code committed somewhere that I could try launching it in the debugger?
(04-08-2014, 03:18 PM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]I'll take a look into Mouse/Drag Mode problems with stuck keys. Button Mode was the one I implemented "from scratch" which tends to work better at any given time, and the others haven't necessarily gotten as much attention. Did you try the two-finger right-click gesture?

Can confirm button mode works (though obviously is unusable during gameplay as every button becomes a mouse button and that cannot be remapped), also while in standard mode I remapped the mouse so the top of the pad (traditionally middle-click) sends right-click messages and I get the same behavior, I don't think that the problem is gesture specific.
(04-08-2014, 03:26 PM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, it does start and allow the controller to connect and go through different mouse modes, but none of them output mouse events and I can't get the GUI DS4Tool to display anything at that point; do you have the source code committed somewhere that I could try launching it in the debugger?

Sure, it's online in both of my repository (devel branch)
https://code.google.com/p/ds4ui/
https://github.com/donbabbeo/ds4ui

Anyways today i did some cleanup of the interface: removed username/user image and relative library because useless and moved the option and logs tab on the toolbar, so more real estate for the controller list (that still need a lot of tweaking).
I also implemented client -> service communication, so tried it adding the exclusive mode in the options.

PS: clean the directory configurations with ServiceDestroyer before trying because i changed both options and language files.
(04-08-2014, 07:10 PM)Tox Wrote: [ -> ]Can confirm button mode works (though obviously is unusable during gameplay as every button becomes a mouse button and that cannot be remapped), also while in standard mode I remapped the mouse so the top of the pad (traditionally middle-click) sends right-click messages and I get the same behavior, I don't think that the problem is gesture specific.

No, I haven't added remapping for all the various mouse buttons in Button Mode yet, but it should be very usable in games. Don't engage Button Lock (pressing both fingers down, making the mouse buttons always remapped) and you actually have to have your finger down on the touchpad for any of the buttons to have mouse button functionality. When your finger is not on the touchpad, everything is as normal. Note that finger on touchpad or not, neither triggers nor the thumbpads change functionality on Button Mode.

I'll add the ability to remap touchpad pushes to other mouse buttons in the other mouse modes, it just isn't something I have worked on yet.
I tried out this to see if it fixed a problem I have with the DS4 Tool, but unfortunately I still have the same problem with this one: After a couple of times turning the controller off and back on, or even just plugging it in via USB and unplugging it, the Xbox360 controller stops being emulated. As in, it stops showing up in Devices and being available to games, even though the DS4 app shows it as being active.

The only way I've found to get it to start showing up again is to uninstall and reinstall the Scarlet.Crush driver before restarting the DS4 application.

I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, and the SCP driver 1.0.0.103. I tried using the more recent 1.2.2.175, but this caused the light on the controller to turn off when the controller was connected via Bluetooth, and turn blue when connected via USB, no matter what color I set it to in the DS4 app.
(04-09-2014, 12:42 AM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]No, I haven't added remapping for all the various mouse buttons in Button Mode yet, but it should be very usable in games. Don't engage Button Lock (pressing both fingers down, making the mouse buttons always remapped) and you actually have to have your finger down on the touchpad for any of the buttons to have mouse button functionality. When your finger is not on the touchpad, everything is as normal. Note that finger on touchpad or not, neither triggers nor the thumbpads change functionality on Button Mode.

I'll add the ability to remap touchpad pushes to other mouse buttons in the other mouse modes, it just isn't something I have worked on yet.

>Don't engage Button Lock
this is exactly what I had done without realizing it, I don't see that listed in the hotkeys list.

This is still fairly inconvenient for games because of the d-pad; I have to remove my hand from the touchpad to use the d-pad as anything other than mouse clicks, which is enough to keep me in standard mode for the time being
(04-09-2014, 04:46 PM)Tox Wrote: [ -> ]>Don't engage Button Lock
this is exactly what I had done without realizing it, I don't see that listed in the hotkeys list.

This is still fairly inconvenient for games because of the d-pad; I have to remove my hand from the touchpad to use the d-pad as anything other than mouse clicks, which is enough to keep me in standard mode for the time being

What kind of game are you playing that you want to do D-pad movement while moving the mouse cursor? Admittedly there are only a few genres that I tend to play these days.
(04-09-2014, 06:29 PM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]What kind of game are you playing that you want to do D-pad movement while moving the mouse cursor? Admittedly there are only a few genres that I tend to play these days.

Shooters, both first person and 3rd.

D-Pad is usually linked to weapon/equipment switching or changing of firing modes, if I'm moving I'll usually take my hand off the track pad to reach over to the d-pad to change, but if I'm stationary and trying to change something I'll typically use my left hand which obviously breaks it. It's more of a problem in games which support leaning out of cover, as I assign lean left/right to the pad left and right (based on the logic that you seldom need to lean and walk simultaneously) which makes leaning out of cover to aim at enemies impossible.

But more than that, it's the fact that my "home" position for the controller is right thumb on touchpad. Having controls which change based on the "touching pad" context means that I'll often wind up issuing wrong commands purely by accident. for example, if I try to use the share button to lay a waypoint, check a score, or really do anything that isn't calling up a menu, I'll almost always wind up disabling the touchpad by accident. It's not that I NEED to be aiming and pressing the button at the same time, it's that my thumb just touches it constantly because that's my default position, so 90% of time pressing a button with anything other than my right thumb means "pressing it while touching the pad"
Gotcha, thanks for explaining your scenario. I think that may be the last feature before I release 1.0 then, letting you set up the finger-on-touchpad bindings for Button Mode.