..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In the latest releases my controller always disconnects in BT mode.
Wired works fine.

The last version that works is the "DS4Windows-1_0_Beta-2014-03-31_0".
All others the controllers is detected by DS4Windows but after a couple seconds it disconnects itself.
I would like to suggest a somehow different low battery indicators.
Just a suggestion for consideration.

1) When battery is below 20% or less the light will go out.
2) battery life is indicated by the light color power

Thanks for all the work in this great tool man!
Hope people are making some donations to keep this viable to you.
Did one myself a couple days ago.
All best to you dude.
(04-10-2014, 05:14 PM)bola08 Wrote: [ -> ]In the latest releases my controller always disconnects in BT mode.
Wired works fine.

The last version that works is the "DS4Windows-1_0_Beta-2014-03-31_0".
All others the controllers is detected by DS4Windows but after a couple seconds it disconnects itself.

Hmm, interesting, I'll go look at the changes between that and Beta 2 and see if anything stands out. Thanks for narrowing it down. No special error messages are apparent when that happens?

Edit: I think I know what your problem is: go edit the ScpControl.xml and change your idleDisconnectTimeout to 0. You can edit it in the Options but if you don't hit Save before it disconnects, you'll get an error and I think it may not save in that case. You seem to have an idle disconnection timeout of just a few seconds.
(04-10-2014, 05:21 PM)bola08 Wrote: [ -> ]I would like to suggest a somehow different low battery indicators.
Just a suggestion for consideration.

1) When battery is below 20% or less the light will go out.
2) battery life is indicated by the light color power

Thanks for all the work in this great tool man!
Hope people are making some donations to keep this viable to you.
Did one myself a couple days ago.
All best to you dude.

Thank you, I appreciate your support! I am eventually going to add full configuration for what to do at each battery level; I want to do all those features that will have a lot of new Options using the new UI Donbabbeo is working on. That reminds me, I need to try his later revision now.
My current development effort is improving upon the mapping configuration by separating out Button Mode's mouse button mappings completely from the standard mappings, and making sure that you can actually unbind buttons or touchpad gestures that you don't want. There should be a new Beta build for everyone today or tomorrow. One of the things I am also correcting is that the CUSTOM (as opposed to just default versus unbound) mouse button mappings for the touchpad push gestures is not supported in anything but Button Mode yet.
(04-11-2014, 08:02 PM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]My current development effort is improving upon the mapping configuration by separating out Button Mode's mouse button mappings completely from the standard mappings, and making sure that you can actually unbind buttons or touchpad gestures that you don't want. There should be a new Beta build for everyone today or tomorrow. One of the things I am also correcting is that the CUSTOM (as opposed to just default versus unbound) mouse button mappings for the touchpad push gestures is not supported in anything but Button Mode yet.

When you have some time check also the UI communication so we can release a partial working UI please Biggrin

(in the meantime i'm implementing all the controller options)
(04-11-2014, 09:32 PM)Donbabbeo Wrote: [ -> ]When you have some time check also the UI communication so we can release a partial working UI please Biggrin

(in the meantime i'm implementing all the controller options)

I can't get much of anywhere: after the first disconnection the DS4Service won't accept another one, and nothing ever seems to get communicated to the GUI. I went to try and build it locally but it won't pick up the reference to the NuGet MahApps package; how do you get it building?
Wow, wowowowow.

Sorry if I sound a bit ridiculous right now but I'm 99% certain I sorted out all my DS4 problems... the only remaining issue is hotplugging on Bluetooth but I'm leaning towards that being an adapter/driver/Windows 7 problem.

I was having a tremendous amount of difficulty using DS4. I had the latest SCP Bus Driver, I had the Xbox 360 Accessories software installed, the latest DirectX files. Everything was spot on perfect. I even have a clean Windows 7 x64 Ultimate install JUST to be sure. Everything is immaculate and yet still I was having whacky problems with my DS4. Like the first time I use the DS4 with the DS4 Tool, it works perfectly. But once I disconnect and try to use it again later on the same boot, it would just never work. I'd always have to either mess with the SCP Bus service or restart my computer to use my controller.

Well after reading some forum posts about getting games to work properly and how installing them to off-drives would cause weird problems, completely untraceable and reproducible... I figured hey, I have DS4 Tool installed on an off-drive... what if I move it to Program Files and give it another go...

Would you ***** believe it? Just uninstalling the bus driver, moving my entire DS4 Tool folder into C:\Program Files\ and installing everything again from there, solved 100% of my "unique" problems. Wow. The thing works flawlessly now. No more controller not hooking and needing to reboot. No more duplicate entries in the DS4 Tool log window, showing multiple controllers disconnecting and reconnecting and disconnecting every time I push PS + Options. Just pure, functioning DS4 controller.

So bottom line guys:

Put the DS4 Tool folder with all the files, on your main drive, preferably in Program Files.

You wouldn't expect this to cause any problems, but holy ***** it did. And it was frustrating as hell. Knowing now that it's completely resolved, I am so freaking happy. Hope this helps any of you guys out there struggling with your DS4.

Electrobrains, might I suggest testing this yourself (and anyone else who reads this and is willing) so perhaps this warning can be put abbreviated into the OP as part of the installation instructions?
(04-12-2014, 06:49 AM)DaRkL3AD3R Wrote: [ -> ]...the only remaining issue is hotplugging on Bluetooth but I'm leaning towards that being an adapter/driver/Windows 7 problem.

Ah, so I'm NOT the only one having hotplugging issues with this program. Whenever the program is already started and I try to wirelessly connect the DS4, I just get a "Connecting..." message while my LED turns off, and this lasts until I stop and start the service again. This makes it pretty much pointless to have it start with my machine.

I don't think it's a Windows 7 or adapter problem, though, because InhexSTER's 1.3 RC3 works perfectly; it's his 1.3 RC4 and every version of DS4Windows that has the issue.

[attachment=50003]
(04-11-2014, 09:54 PM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]I can't get much of anywhere: after the first disconnection the DS4Service won't accept another one, and nothing ever seems to get communicated to the GUI. I went to try and build it locally but it won't pick up the reference to the NuGet MahApps package; how do you get it building?

Mmm probably they changed the NuGet version? To be honest i had also problems on dowloading packages from NuGet, like on my work setup it didn't work...
Anyway i'm still using the old MahApps version since the beginning (0.12.1.0), just add those 2 dll as a reference on the project and you should be fine.