..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(04-28-2014, 01:34 AM)pedrovay2003 Wrote: [ -> ]Just out of curiosity, how does button mode work now? When I enable it, the touchpad works to click around, but none of the actual buttons do anything related to the mouse anymore.

Still having connection issues with Windows 7, but I'm just chalking that up to being Windows 7 at this point.

I've got Windows 7 going in a VM so I can try attaching the Bluetooth adapter there and seeing what's up... Button Mode starts with a completely empty map now, so you have to load the Old School mapping (included in the archive) if you want all of those buttons back. Now you can assign or remove whatever buttons you want.
(04-28-2014, 01:50 AM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]I've got Windows 7 going in a VM so I can try attaching the Bluetooth adapter there and seeing what's up... Button Mode starts with a completely empty map now, so you have to load the Old School mapping (included in the archive) if you want all of those buttons back. Now you can assign or remove whatever buttons you want.

OH, okay, that's fantastic! Yeah, just the Windows 7 connection thing is left, then. I tried to connect the controller to my girlfriend's Windows 8 machine and I couldn't even get the program working, but I think that's an adapter thing, since I've gotten it to work on other Windows 8 machines.

EDIT: One more question, is there a way to disable the charging light when the controller is in USB mode? I like how the color transitions, but it's really bright.
(04-08-2014, 08:37 PM)Donbabbeo Wrote: [ -> ]Sure, it's online in both of my repository (devel branch)
https://code.google.com/p/ds4ui/
https://github.com/donbabbeo/ds4ui

Anyways today i did some cleanup of the interface: removed username/user image and relative library because useless and moved the option and logs tab on the toolbar, so more real estate for the controller list (that still need a lot of tweaking).
I also implemented client -> service communication, so tried it adding the exclusive mode in the options.

PS: clean the directory configurations with ServiceDestroyer before trying because i changed both options and language files.

(04-12-2014, 02:00 PM)Donbabbeo Wrote: [ -> ]Mmm probably they changed the NuGet version? To be honest i had also problems on dowloading packages from NuGet, like on my work setup it didn't work...
Anyway i'm still using the old MahApps version since the beginning (0.12.1.0), just add those 2 dll as a reference on the project and you should be fine.

Lately i've been really busy, so little to no time to code on the client.
Anyway, i'm still waiting for some debugging service-side, electrobrains or jays2kings, i need your help Biggrin
(04-28-2014, 10:50 PM)Donbabbeo Wrote: [ -> ]Lately i've been really busy, so little to no time to code on the client.
Anyway, i'm still waiting for some debugging service-side, electrobrains or jays2kings, i need your help Biggrin

Making a little bit of progress building it -- where do I find TaskbarNotification?
I tried your build, however I just can't get it to work, sorry. The service installs when I run as admin, however trying to run DS4Service. regardless of admin, it always crashes.

Anyway another build here. Minor stuff this time: Double Tap Option on the touchpad has been added, just tap once then hold on the touchpad to drag items, just like a normal touchpad. There is a slight delay on normal clicks so if it really matters to you, it's toggable. There's also a context menu when minimized.

Oh yeah and since I never posted my code last time, you can find it here: https://code.google.com/r/jays2kings-ds4tool/
[Image: dTKGrNC.png]

EDIT: I stupidly removed the configs for controllers 2-4, they're back now. I also made it easier to use middle mouse when configured to multi-touch and you can edit a profile by clicking the checked profile in the context menu.
(04-29-2014, 03:49 AM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]I tried your build, however I just can't get it to work, sorry. The service installs when I run as admin, however trying to run DS4Service. regardless of admin, it always crashes.

Anyway another build here. Minor stuff this time: Double Tap Option on the touchpad has been added, just tap once then hold on the touchpad to drag items, just like a normal touchpad. There is a slight delay on normal clicks so if it really matters to you, it's toggable. There's also a context menu when minimized.

Oh yeah and since I never posted my code last time, you can find it here: https://code.google.com/r/jays2kings-ds4tool/
[Image: dTKGrNC.png]

EDIT: I stupidly removed the configs for controllers 2-4, they're back now. I also made it easier to use middle mouse when configured to multi-touch and you can edit a profile by clicking the checked profile in the context menu.

Very nice man!
But battery is showing 0%.
Using it on BT.
I am not sure if this has been taken care of but I have been searching for an answer. I am using your version for the ds4, I have tried the other ones as well old and new, and I cant seem to use the hide ds4 button. I hit it and i get an "unhandled exception" error. I have tried shutting everything down and then hitting hide ds4 and i get the same problem. Does anyone have any idea what I need to do?
I tried this once but I can't use the mouse cursor with the stick, does the newest version supports it? the original d4tool does, maybe you can just re-use code? This tool looks promising and thanks for bringing it to us.
(04-29-2014, 03:10 AM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]Making a little bit of progress building it -- where do I find TaskbarNotification?

As Mah.Apps, i've not created it so i prefer to not include directly into the repo. Unfortunately, i forgot to upload the dll... Glare
Tomorrow i will link everything.

Changing subject... You don't think that it's the right time to move to a proper host? What we really need it's a site that describe everything, a forum for devevelopment and discussion and a bug tracker.
We can then link the various release to external site like sourceforge or similar if we don't want to fill a lot of space.
It's none of my business, but considering that you are taking donation, maybe there is enough money to get a real host...
(04-29-2014, 05:44 PM)bola08 Wrote: [ -> ]Very nice man!
But battery is showing 0%.
Using it on BT.

Hmm that's weird, I didn't change the battery reading, and it still reads right on mine. Does this happen to you on other versions?

(04-29-2014, 06:31 PM)manamini Wrote: [ -> ]I am not sure if this has been taken care of but I have been searching for an answer. I am using your version for the ds4, I have tried the other ones as well old and new, and I cant seem to use the hide ds4 button. I hit it and i get an "unhandled exception" error. I have tried shutting everything down and then hitting hide ds4 and i get the same problem. Does anyone have any idea what I need to do?

Where DS4 tool.exe is saved do you have a file called "HidLibrary.dll" in there?
(04-29-2014, 08:23 PM)zordon Wrote: [ -> ]I tried this once but I can't use the mouse cursor with the stick, does the newest version supports it? the original d4tool does, maybe you can just re-use code? This tool looks promising and thanks for bringing it to us.

Yeah it used to be there, for now it's out but I'll see if me or electro (he said he was gonna add it back soon anyway) can add it back.

(04-29-2014, 09:03 PM)Donbabbeo Wrote: [ -> ]As Mah.Apps, i've not created it so i prefer to not include directly into the repo. Unfortunately, i forgot to upload the dll... Glare
Tomorrow i will link everything.

Changing subject... You don't think that it's the right time to move to a proper host? What we really need it's a site that describe everything, a forum for devevelopment and discussion and a bug tracker.
We can then link the various release to external site like sourceforge or similar if we don't want to fill a lot of space.
It's none of my business, but considering that you are taking donation, maybe there is enough money to get a real host...

I heard there's a way to make a site using dropbox as a host, I don't have money to make a proper host, nor do I know html, but it sounds like a fun side project.