..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(04-08-2014, 08:37 PM)Donbabbeo Wrote: [ -> ]Sure, it's online in both of my repository (devel branch)
https://code.google.com/p/ds4ui/
https://github.com/donbabbeo/ds4ui

Anyways today i did some cleanup of the interface: removed username/user image and relative library because useless and moved the option and logs tab on the toolbar, so more real estate for the controller list (that still need a lot of tweaking).
I also implemented client -> service communication, so tried it adding the exclusive mode in the options.

PS: clean the directory configurations with ServiceDestroyer before trying because i changed both options and language files.

Here we are... My source code is in both repo, while in the zip attached you can find the dll that i'm using.
(04-30-2014, 07:11 AM)manamini Wrote: [ -> ]This is the full details, and its the same for every version I have used

*Log*

Hmm, I'm not really sure why that's happening, my best guess is that you have something else running that tries also try to exclusively use the DS4. If you can, try to stick with shared mode for now.
(05-01-2014, 03:00 AM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, I'm not really sure why that's happening, my best guess is that you have something else running that tries also try to exclusively use the DS4. If you can, try to stick with shared mode for now.

Shared mode sadly isn't working for me either since I am trying to play dark souls 2. I will continue looking into and see if I can spot the problem and I will let you know

edit: I got it to stop showing that error by changing the properties to allow full access, but it is still not allowing me to hide the ds4 saying there is still a program running the ds4, I have steam, origin, smite, teamspeak, and vent all off. any ideas?
Nevermind I got it working. Turns out the program to run my keyboard macros was messing with it. Thanks everyone for the help
So I'm sitting on Beta 8 right now, and looking to upgrade to Beta 10. I see that mark about the XInput devices 11-14 or something like that. I often use my DS4's with a wired Xbox 360 controller and it all works fine. Will this change have any effect on this setup? Is there any real reasons to even think about this change or is it completely subtle and not going to make a visible difference at all?
(05-02-2014, 06:18 AM)DaRkL3AD3R Wrote: [ -> ]So I'm sitting on Beta 8 right now, and looking to upgrade to Beta 10. I see that mark about the XInput devices 11-14 or something like that. I often use my DS4's with a wired Xbox 360 controller and it all works fine. Will this change have any effect on this setup? Is there any real reasons to even think about this change or is it completely subtle and not going to make a visible difference at all?

No, the real X360 controllers don't use the virtual bus driver by Scarlet.Crush, they attach directly to the wireless X360 controller or USB hub, so there is no interaction.
(05-02-2014, 07:20 PM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]No, the real X360 controllers don't use the virtual bus driver by Scarlet.Crush, they attach directly to the wireless X360 controller or USB hub, so there is no interaction.

Excellent thanks.

Went ahead and updated to Beta 10 and something magical happened. Bluetooth hotplugging worked! The sad part is, once I closed DS4 Windows that first time, it never worked again. Very odd.

Also, charging my DS4 now but on Beta 8 and 7, when my controller was fully charged it came up as 90%, never 100%. Even if I was using wired mode with USB, it still showed 90%. I'll report back in a bit if it is corrected in Beta 10.

Yep, still messed up. Even worse on Beta 10. Now it shows only 80% capacity when the controller is "fully charged" on USB. Wtf?

I even tried running DS4Tool v1.2.2 from InhexSTER and even in that, it now shows 90% capacity when it's supposed to be fully charged. My DS4 is brand new and has less than 30 hours of actual use on it, there's no way 10-15% of the battery's capacity is shot already...
I never really figured out exactly what the battery level indication means; the actual values that I've seen range from 0 to 11. My best guess is that it's actually just measuring the current battery voltage and is giving you a linear read-out of voltage units above some threshold. We're treating it as percentage but that implies some calibration that accounts for the battery lifetime. It could be there is automatic calibration but it's performed by the PS4 and then the DS4 is notified of what value to expect to mean "full." You can test the drain rate and see if it's better or worse than what I measured with my controller: every time the charge indicator (whatever it means) changes, it outputs that to the console. I posted earlier in this thread run-down of the battery on my one controller with full light bar brightness and with zero light bar activity.
I am using Toshiba Stack bluetooth and DS4Windows doesn't work with it (none of the versions in the first post).
It gives me the following error:

"Index was outside the bounds of the array"

But DSTools 1.3 works with it.

Is it possible for u to add support for Toshiba Stack in DS4Windows?
I can try adding those changes but I can't test them, so if they don't work I would need a Toshiba adapter to get anywhere.