..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does rumble / force feedback work outside the config utility?

Everything works on the controller up until I want vibration / rumble / force feedback in-game (Using Skyrim as this has force feedback, works on my DS3 controller when I have it plugged in), but not outside the utility.

I checked dxdiag and the controller is registered not to have a force feedback driver, have I done something wrong or does this just not support vibration yet?
(05-07-2014, 10:14 AM)jfb9301 Wrote: [ -> ](I realize I have a 0 post count, I got around to registering to ask this)
J2K,
Is there no way to simulate the KeyDown and KeyUp events? This would cause the computer to work out whether to repeat keys or not. You seem to be causing the key repeat through brute force. My understanding is that most games look for KeyDown and KeyUp. This allows them to keep performing the action until the key is released.
All this is based on what I learned years ago working with a thrustmaster joystick and throttle quadrant, my knowledge could be out of date, but I don't think things have changed that much.

To make it work on regular programs with a text box, the repeat is done manually, however for games, while you hold a button or axis down, all that is happening is that the keydown event is being sent over and over again, but a keyup event is never sent until you release the button/axis. For games, multiple keydown events do nothing, it just takes the first one it gets and waits for a keyup event.

Keydown and keyup events are simulated here, they have been for a while, even without the repeated key, games would work the same as you said, in fact I could remove the repeated keys and there would only be one keydown and one keyup event, but the repeating keys method only sends more keydown events, which games ignore and thus does not affect them. I hope I answered what you wanted.

(05-07-2014, 03:03 PM)RBT-RS Wrote: [ -> ]Does rumble / force feedback work outside the config utility?

Everything works on the controller up until I want vibration / rumble / force feedback in-game (Using Skyrim as this has force feedback, works on my DS3 controller when I have it plugged in), but not outside the utility.

I checked dxdiag and the controller is registered not to have a force feedback driver, have I done something wrong or does this just not support vibration yet?

I'm not sure if you're asking about the DS4 or DS3. If you're asking for the DS3 you're in the wrong thread buddy. IF you mean this tool with a DS4 controller, rumble only work while this program is running.
(05-07-2014, 08:13 PM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]To make it work on regular programs with a text box, the repeat is done manually, however for games, while you hold a button or axis down, all that is happening is that the keydown event is being sent over and over again, but a keyup event is never sent until you release the button/axis. For games, multiple keydown events do nothing, it just takes the first one it gets and waits for a keyup event.

Keydown and keyup events are simulated here, they have been for a while, even without the repeated key, games would work the same as you said, in fact I could remove the repeated keys and there would only be one keydown and one keyup event, but the repeating keys method only sends more keydown events, which games ignore and thus does not affect them. I hope I answered what you wanted.

I'm not sure if you're asking about the DS4 or DS3. If you're asking for the DS3 you're in the wrong thread buddy. IF you mean this tool with a DS4 controller, rumble only work while this program is running.

I'm talking DS4 man. I found that installing the "Rumble for Xinput" driver fixed the issue, although the rumble is a little weak and the boost is at 200 :L
(05-07-2014, 08:33 PM)RBT-RS Wrote: [ -> ]I'm talking DS4 man. I found that installing the "Rumble for Xinput" driver fixed the issue, although the rumble is a little weak and the boost is at 200 :L

Yeah the DS4 isn't as powerful as the DS3's rumble, can't be helped sadly.
Im a new member, just switched from the original tool to this fork and had a couple comments as a developer myself.

1) I like the lightbar indication differentiating between USB and internal battery states, but at first the yellow while plugged in threw me off as I thought the color changes I was making were not taking effect, a pulse pattern with the color corresponding to the current battery level would be a little more intuitive to denote a charging or usb state, then solid full level color to denote fully charged.

2) One of my pet peeves with my developers and other programs I see is the overuse of the tab control, if tab pages only contain a handful of controls then separating each into a tab page is counter intuitive in my opinion, the end goal is to make the UI as simple to navigate as possible to the EU and the additional clicks while not a big deal, do take away from this when the controls could simply be grouped using GroupBox(s).

3) trackbar.BackColor on all the track bars should be set to Color.FromKnownColor(KnownColor.Window) instead of Color.FromKnownColor(KnownColor.control) if they are to reside inside a tab page as tab page bg's do not derive their default color from control.

Otherwise I have to say awesome job and I hope you keep going with this project, I truly think the DS4 is a much better match to the PC then the 360 and even the One controller.
Hi again --

Just noticed an odd bug in the program where if the controller is disconnected, then the controller won't reconnect (It will connect and be recognised by the program but it wont output anything to the virtual controller.) it appears to be related to the Scpcontrol file, had no success finding out what exactly in the file it is, but if I delete the file it will work fine. Might be worth finding out why, it is kind of annoying.
(05-09-2014, 01:20 PM)RBT-RS Wrote: [ -> ]Hi again --

Just noticed an odd bug in the program where if the controller is disconnected, then the controller won't reconnect (It will connect and be recognised by the program but it wont output anything to the virtual controller.) it appears to be related to the Scp Control file, had no success finding out what exactly in the file it is, but if I delete the file it will work fine. Might be worth finding out why, it is kind of annoying.

Personally I haven't had this issue, I just took it to the extreme by going in game (nidhogg) proceeding to turn on/off bluetooth and plug in unplug udb several times, I never lost control during this.
(05-09-2014, 01:20 PM)RBT-RS Wrote: [ -> ]Hi again --

Just noticed an odd bug in the program where if the controller is disconnected, then the controller won't reconnect (It will connect and be recognised by the program but it wont output anything to the virtual controller.) it appears to be related to the Scpcontrol file, had no success finding out what exactly in the file it is, but if I delete the file it will work fine. Might be worth finding out why, it is kind of annoying.

Is the Xbox 360 controller that shows up when the program connects to your DS4 going away when it is disconnected? What exactly to you mean when you say "disconnect" -- is that USB or Bluetooth?
(05-09-2014, 07:31 PM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]Is the Xbox 360 controller that shows up when the program connects to your DS4 going away when it is disconnected? What exactly to you mean when you say "disconnect" -- is that USB or Bluetooth?

It's through USB.

Essentially Windows disconnects the contoller then instantly reconnects the controller, however the virtual xbox controller no longer responds to control inputs. I know it's not Windows causing the issue as I tried an older version of the DS4 tool, which didn't have this issue, nor is it the controller as after this happens, if I test the "wireless controller", windows sees my inputs.
(05-09-2014, 07:40 PM)RBT-RS Wrote: [ -> ]It's through USB.

Essentially Windows disconnects the contoller then instantly reconnects the controller, however the virtual xbox controller no longer responds to control inputs. I know it's not Windows causing the issue as I tried an older version of the DS4 tool, which didn't have this issue, nor is it the controller as after this happens, if I test the "wireless controller", windows sees my inputs.

What versions of both apps (driver/tool) u using? i have 1.2.2 of the driver from the original fork and and DS4Windows 1 b 10 for the tool, OS Win 8.1. works under BT and USB flawlessly.