..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(05-18-2014, 02:51 AM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]Cool, spent the day trying to figure out why SVN doesn't like google code for some reason, gonna try GIT if i can't get it working soon. In the meantime here is my project page http://dsdcs.com/index.php/portfolio/sof...ds4windows and my current version is below.

Glad to have another person join the team. I look forward to the source code when you get a chance.
jay... it's working =) - no crashes anymore. thank you.
(05-18-2014, 03:51 AM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]Glad to have another person join the team. I look forward to the source code when you get a chance.

Thats my goal for today, plan on using GIT to git it workin, lame pun but its early cut me some slack.

Also, banged out a bunch of changes this morning on my version, will require a new updater and a fresh manual overwrite, sorry guys, had to stop using all the free file hosting ans just put it on my own server, none of the 3rd party ones worked out quite right.

Grab the new one at my page here http://dsdcs.com/index.php/portfolio/sof...ds4windows

Changelog:

Updater is self updating
Updater can be run independent
Updater now overrights files by default
Using conventinal versioning

Updater, DS4Tool, and website use Google Drive instead of Skydrive for file storage as Skydrive kept misidentifing files as malicious when downloaded in Chrome.
Updater no longer needs to be named Updater NEW for self updating to work
Users can manually check for updates from the application window
Improved communication of events to user

Repaired deployment method where old files were being included in new builds

Start with windows option now added (uses registry so if you currently have it in startup folder delete that shortcut)
began work on updating UI
Links to support forum, development page, and manual update check added to Help menu
Toolbar now shows vurrent actual version
Closing from close icon minimizes to tray rather than closing (close from File>Exit to actually stop the application)
System tray icon does not dissappear when config window is open

Hosting servers once again changed to use our own DSDCS servers, this will require a manual overwrite of all files, update will work normally after this.

I created a clone, and used GIT to supposedly upload my code, but its not showing up on the website (https://code.google.com/r/jhebbel-ds4too.../?name=jay) not sure if there is a delay or what. I miss just using TeamFoundationServer lol
Things that would be helpful to continue with this project;

*Anybody out there know anyone with DirectX OpenGL hooking/overlay experience, im a little lost when it comes to this.
*Anybody with driver,hardware coding experience specifically with BT stacks, if we can create a custom driver for the controller rather than using the windows "Wireless Controller" one I think we can trick the handshake enough to open up the BT audio protocol on the controller, thus giving us audio.
(05-18-2014, 08:19 AM)jusTiC3 Wrote: [ -> ]jay... it's working =) - no crashes anymore. thank you.

Awesome, glad to know it's fixed on your side too.
(05-19-2014, 02:39 AM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]Things that would be helpful to continue with this project;

*Anybody out there know anyone with DirectX OpenGL hooking/overlay experience, im a little lost when it comes to this.
*Anybody with driver,hardware coding experience specifically with BT stacks, if we can create a custom driver for the controller rather than using the windows "Wireless Controller" one I think we can trick the handshake enough to open up the BT audio protocol on the controller, thus giving us audio.

We all want these people on this project, so far there's no such people on this site yet, at least none interested in this tool or don't have the controller to test.

And another build is out: You can now press a button/axis/touchpad in options to change that control when in options. Minor changes include the notification icon also shows not only when minimized, but when the main window unfocused. I also fixed bug where when the tool is shrunken down, the last message of log didn’t show. Those who have previous versions should already see the update once you run ds4windows.
After a few more hours and a few more broken keyboards I finally got my Google Code to sync, https://code.google.com/r/jhebbel-ds4too...ce/browse/
hey electro, glad you have continued this on your own fork and im glad theres a couple more people taking their own forks too. since you moved to your own branch though i keep getting an error

[attachment=50691]

ive tried unistalling everything and going again from scratch so many times and nothing is working, any suggestions? if i click it to continue it goes away and lets me use it still but it obviously a problem.

Jay, i have the same thing happening with yours but when i click continue it repeats with a new error 5 or 6 times and the it crashes.

Can anyone offer suggestions?

Also, i your installation guide on page one you say:
Install Scarlet.Crush's Xinput virtual bus driver found here; you should NOT install the Bluetooth driver replacement to use DS4Windows:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wr...Controller

I downloaded it but i cant find the driver replacemet your talking about, i ran the scpdriver and the bluetooth dongle was no longer able to discover devices.

I havent had any problems really throughout the tools development, just now unfortunately. If i use one of your old ones or inhexters it still works fine.

if you want the error information i can post it as well.

thanks in advance!

(05-19-2014, 02:27 PM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]After a few more hours and a few more broken keyboards I finally got my Google Code to sync, https://code.google.com/r/jhebbel-ds4too...ce/browse/

Hey man i was interested in trying out your fork of the tool, but it just comes up as server offline Sad

*edit* its working now, but i dont know how or what to click on in the google code window to download it,(i cant make sense of these kind of repositories!) is there a rar'd version of the whole package somewhere? Or is this just for the code?
(05-19-2014, 05:30 PM)marcoboyle Wrote: [ -> ]hey electro, glad you have continued this on your own fork and im glad theres a couple more people taking their own forks too. since you moved to your own branch though i keep getting an error

ive tried unistalling everything and going again from scratch so many times and nothing is working, any suggestions? if i click it to continue it goes away and lets me use it still but it obviously a problem.

Jay, i have the same thing happening with yours but when i click continue it repeats with a new error 5 or 6 times and the it crashes.

Can anyone offer suggestions?

Also, i your installation guide on page one you say:
Install Scarlet.Crush's Xinput virtual bus driver found here; you should NOT install the Bluetooth driver replacement to use DS4Windows:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wr...Controller

I downloaded it but i cant find the driver replacemet your talking about, i ran the scpdriver and the bluetooth dongle was no longer able to discover devices.

I havent had any problems really throughout the tools development, just now unfortunately. If i use one of your old ones or inhexters it still works fine.

if you want the error information i can post it as well.

thanks in advance!

Hey man i was interested in trying out your fork of the tool, but it just comes up as server offline Sad

*edit* its working now, but i dont know how or what to click on in the google code window to download it,(i cant make sense of these kind of repositories!) is there a rar'd version of the whole package somewhere?

if you click to that google code link in the tool bar there is a download zip option
does anyone have word on how the service version is going? I have been waiting for more on that but it was also on the other topic. just curious if it is still an idea for this fork of the dev.
(05-19-2014, 05:38 PM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]if you click to that google code link in the tool bar there is a download zip option

ok yeah i had done that but its just folders with unusable files referencing all the stuff inside, i cant seem to find a application or executable file to run it. i may just have done something stupid though....