..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
does anyone trying to implement 3.5mm capability (sound output) to this tool?!
(05-20-2014, 03:48 AM)General Specific Wrote: [ -> ]I have tried both Jays2Kings and jhebbel's newest versions of DS4Tool, and they both crash.
I am running Windows 8.1 x64 Professional

jhebbel's crashes with no error message.

J2K's causes the following error:
Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at ScpServer.ScpForm.Form_Resize(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnResize(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnSizeChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.UpdateBounds(Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height, Int32 clientWidth, Int32 clientHeight)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.UpdateBounds()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmWindowPosChanged(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmWindowPosChanged(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at ScpServer.ScpForm.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34014 built by: FX45W81RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
DS4Tool
    Assembly Version: 1.3.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.3
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Chris/Desktop/DS4Tool%20J2K/DS4Tool.exe
System
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34003 built by: FX45W81RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.33440 built by: FX45W81RTMREL
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
DS4Control
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Chris/Desktop/DS4Tool%20J2K/DS4Control.DLL
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
DS4Library
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Chris/Desktop/DS4Tool%20J2K/DS4Library.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

I don't know if this is of any help to either of you, but I hope it is. DS4Tool 1.3 RC3 is running without issue for me. If there's anything else I can do to help, let me know!

Since I just saw this reported twice, so now it seems there's a common ground to this. Could you try this build? This build should show a message a message box about what the problem is. If you see something like the image below, that means I can figure out the issue easily, but if you see the regular error box then it's a little more than that.
[Image: oY5AM1r.png]
(05-20-2014, 04:50 AM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]Since I just saw this reported twice, so now it seems there's a common ground to this. Could you try this build? This build should show a message a message box about what the problem is. If you see something like the image below, that means I can figure out the issue easily, but if you see the regular error box then it's a little more than that.

i tried the debug build and thats the messages i got, a couple of times, the it is now running at least and not crashing following it! It just says controller 1 is using a profile not found. hopefully, that means you know what it is and we can find a solution, i was JUST about to reinstall my os and start from scratch again - fingers crossed thats not needed!
For some reason it can't see my wireless controller, when it's plugged in it works fine. It's paired and it shows up in the windows controller menu(win7 64), it says something about index being outside the array. Running the newest SCP with the bluetooth override disabled like it says in the op.
(05-20-2014, 03:48 AM)General Specific Wrote: [ -> ]I have tried both Jays2Kings and jhebbel's newest versions of DS4Tool, and they both crash.
I am running Windows 8.1 x64 Professional

jhebbel's crashes with no error message.

J2K's causes the following error:
Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at ScpServer.ScpForm.Form_Resize(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnResize(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnSizeChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.UpdateBounds(Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height, Int32 clientWidth, Int32 clientHeight)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.UpdateBounds()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmWindowPosChanged(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmWindowPosChanged(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at ScpServer.ScpForm.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34014 built by: FX45W81RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
DS4Tool
    Assembly Version: 1.3.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.3
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Chris/Desktop/DS4Tool%20J2K/DS4Tool.exe
System
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34003 built by: FX45W81RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
DS4Control
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Chris/Desktop/DS4Tool%20J2K/DS4Control.DLL
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
DS4Library
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Chris/Desktop/DS4Tool%20J2K/DS4Library.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

I don't know if this is of any help to either of you, but I hope it is. DS4Tool 1.3 RC3 is running without issue for me. If there's anything else I can do to help, let me know!

That helps a lot, I would suggest using 1.2.2 as the base install though as it is the most current stable release, 1.3 was only meant as a release candidate and development stalled before a final was released, if you can install 1.2.2 bus drivers then overlay one of our forks on top of it let me know if that produces any errors.
Created an installer, could use a couple guinea pigs on it though, it should be all encompassing by helping with SCP installation as well as X360 tool.

Ill look into the various reported errors today, there isn't very good exception handling in the code and thats something that needs to be improved on, keep posting any unique errors you come across and be sure to include as much info as possible such as exact error text in its entirety as well as version numbers, OS, connection method, steps to reproduce etc...

Of course we want to get the audio protocol to work, but the task is much more difficult than you think and will eventually require a custom driver at the very least whereas right now we are leveraging standard Microsoft drivers and just remapping.
(05-20-2014, 01:09 PM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]That helps a lot, I would suggest using 1.2.2 as the base install though as it is the most current stable release, 1.3 was only meant as a release candidate and development stalled before a final was released, if you can install 1.2.2 bus drivers then overlay one of our forks on top of it let me know if that produces any errors.

I can confirm that General Specific's and marcoboyle's (for the debug version Jays2Kings posted) error descriptions are also accurate for my own Windows 8.1 x64 machine (with both .NET 4.5.2 and 3.5/2.0 set up), even running the newest 1.2.2.775 SCP driver. By the way, is there any specific reason the installer uses the older 1.0.0 one instead? Thanks a lot for providing the installer, though! It works without problems here and I'm sure its ease of use will increase the userbase even more.

As I've detailed earlier, I also got that .NET error with electrobrains' DS4Windows versions ever since DS4Windows-2014-03-23_0. If the error really does remain a mystery (strangely, it only occurs on admin-privileged accounts), I'm sure I or the other guys having the error could set up a debug environment to test things out somehow.
Would help if it pasted a log in english, kinda annoying to have to translate the buthered translations, but the error is still the same as I posted in the other thread. Is there a video tutorial on what I should do?

http://i.imgur.com/nAPjUOS.png
Here's me having bluetooth turned off, with the controller plugged in, opening the program(it detects it fine), enabling bluetooth, unplugging it(no response from the program , doesn't detect it), me stopping it, then starting it again, which makes the array error(only happens with bluetooth).

(05-20-2014, 04:52 PM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]is that the entirety of the error? any change it gives trace info? and has this happened in every version of the tool that uve used or did any old versions or other forks work ok?

Also just gonna move this convo over here since it's easier to have it in one thread, it happens on all forks, which makes it seem like it's SCP at fault, is there anything I have to do with it other than install it with bluetooth unticked(as it says in the op)

Would prolly just be better if you added me on steam, would be faster to test what would be causing it.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Crimor
(05-20-2014, 04:55 PM)cascardian Wrote: [ -> ]I can confirm that General Specific's and marcoboyle's (for the debug version Jays2Kings posted) error descriptions are also accurate for my own Windows 8.1 x64 machine (with both .NET 4.5.2 and 3.5/2.0 set up), even running the newest 1.2.2.775 SCP driver. By the way, is there any specific reason the installer uses the older 1.0.0 one instead? Thanks a lot for providing the installer, though! It works without problems here and I'm sure its ease of use will increase the userbase even more.

As I've detailed earlier, I also got that .NET error with electrobrains' DS4Windows versions ever since DS4Windows-2014-03-23_0. If the error really does remain a mystery (strangely, it only occurs on admin-privileged accounts), I'm sure I or the other guys having the error could set up a debug environment to test things out somehow.

Im not aware of any newer SCP drivers, the one I bundled was the one that was bundled with the original 1.2.2 DS4Tool, though the tool version was 1.2.2 the scp contained therein was 1.0.0.somthing, I haven't seen any forks (at least not in the fork path i'm working under) include an updated one but if you know of an updated one please feel free to pass the link along and ill test it and include.

Can you try replacing the libraries (the DLLs) from the last known working version over top one of our builds and let me know if error persists, it should help me narrow it down to either a library or the exe itself.
(05-20-2014, 04:59 PM)Crimor Wrote: [ -> ]Would help if it pasted a log in english, kinda annoying to have to translate the buthered translations, but the error is still the same as I posted in the other thread. Is there a video tutorial on what I should do?

http://i.imgur.com/nAPjUOS.png
Here's me having bluetooth turned off, with the controller plugged in, opening the program(it detects it fine), enabling bluetooth, unplugging it(no response from the program , doesn't detect it), me stopping it, then starting it again, which makes the array error(only happens with bluetooth).

Also just gonna move this convo over here since it's easier to have it in one thread, it happens on all forks, which makes it seem like it's SCP at fault, is there anything I have to do with it other than install it with bluetooth unticked(as it says in the op)

Would prolly just be better if you added me on steam, would be faster to test what would be causing it.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Crimor

I don't use steam for anything other than storing my games, sorry. Are you using a current version of SCP I assume? Im attaching the one I use just to be sure, open the ScpDriver.exe click uninstall then check ForceInstall and click Install, let me know if issues persists but I do not as of yet have access to the code for this so if the error does reside in the driver itself it will take some doing to resolve.