..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(05-20-2014, 05:18 PM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]Im not aware of any newer SCP drivers, the one I bundled was the one that was bundled with the original 1.2.2 DS4Tool, though the tool version was 1.2.2 the scp contained therein was 1.0.0.somthing, I haven't seen any forks (at least not in the fork path i'm working under) include an updated one but if you know of an updated one please feel free to pass the link along and ill test it and include.

Can you try replacing the libraries (the DLLs) from the last known working version over top one of our builds and let me know if error persists, it should help me narrow it down to either a library or the exe itself.

Well, the 1.2.2.775 SCP package from Scarlet.Crush's thread contains an 1.2.2.775 ScpDriver.exe, though I'm not sure if that provides any benefits or updates to the 1.0.0.103 one in InhexSTER's DS4Tool. One would think so at first glance, though, given the different look and executable size at least. If those updates actually matter to DS4Windows' functionality, that's a different question :-)
EDIT: Never mind, though, it appears the actual ScpVBus.sys is the same old version. My bad!

The problem lies in the executable, it seems. Replacing the DLLs one by one with the ones from DS4Windows-2014-03-22_0 yielded no results.
Still the same problem with your version, guess I'll be bound to a wire for now.
(05-20-2014, 05:48 PM)cascardian Wrote: [ -> ]Well, the 1.2.2.775 SCP package from Scarlet.Crush's thread contains an 1.2.2.775 ScpDriver.exe, though I'm not sure if that provides any benefits or updates to the 1.0.0.103 one in InhexSTER's DS4Tool. One would think so at first glance, though, given the different look and executable size at least. If those updates actually matter to DS4Windows' functionality, that's a different question :-)
EDIT: Never mind, though, it appears the actual ScpVBus.sys is the same old version. My bad!

The problem lies in the executable, it seems. Replacing the DLLs one by one with the ones from DS4Windows-2014-03-22_0 yielded no results.

Hmmm, I can't even get the ScpDriver.EXE to even produce a GUI in that version, I don't know if its a silent install or what. As for the error sounded like j2k has a lead on it so ill let him see what he turns up, sounded like it had something to do with the profiles.
(05-20-2014, 05:57 PM)Crimor Wrote: [ -> ]Still the same problem with your version, guess I'll be bound to a wire for now.

Take a look at this I came across when searching your error, try following these direction and replacing with these file, if it works please let me know and I wll use these in my installer.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wr...er?page=17
(05-20-2014, 06:11 PM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]Take a look at this I came across when searching your error, try following these direction and replacing with these file, if it works please let me know and I wll use these in my installer.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wr...er?page=17

Which one, the first post on the page or all of them?
(05-20-2014, 06:19 PM)Crimor Wrote: [ -> ]Which one, the first post on the page or all of them?

Id start with the first one then continue on if that dosnt seem to fix it, that thread seems to pertain toy your error though
Tried the first one, no luck, gonna avoid the bluetooth one for now due to scp bluetooth taking over the device(if I remember right) so you can't use it for anything else.
(05-20-2014, 10:35 AM)marcoboyle Wrote: [ -> ]i tried the debug build and thats the messages i got, a couple of times, the it is now running at least and not crashing following it! It just says controller 1 is using a profile not found. hopefully, that means you know what it is and we can find a solution, i was JUST about to reinstall my os and start from scratch again - fingers crossed thats not needed!

That just the profile not found just means it's not using a profile, when you get a chance, could you make a profile? I want to see if that works, since you said that same error happened as well as crashed at Refresh profiles. And could you also try this debug build, and resize the tool down small enough until it doesn't allow you to make it any smaller. Once it's at it's smallest, the text "Selected Profile" should disappear. If it doesn't there may be another problem.

EDIT: Also jhebbel when you get a chance can you tell me how you checked for the virtual bus driver?
Double EDIT: nvm figured it out.
Another day, another build.
This build adds a few more devs to the about page, and if you don't have the Virtual Bus Driver installed, DS4Windows will walk you through installing the driver. And since I love images, here's the installer window.
[Image: 3MDb7Nt.png]
There's also an uninstall option in help/about if you install the VBus driver via Ds4Windows. If you already have the driver (which I'm assuming most of you all do), there isn't much in the build from my last, but it makes it that much easier to give the tool to casual people. The tool also downloads the updater.exe if it's not there for whatever reason (for example if I forget to package it in the zip).
(05-20-2014, 08:25 PM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]That just the profile not found just means it's not using a profile, when you get a chance, could you make a profile? I want to see if that works, since you said that same error happened as well as crashed at Refresh profiles. And could you also try this debug build, and resize the tool down small enough until it doesn't allow you to make it any smaller. Once it's at it's smallest, the text "Selected Profile" should disappear. If it doesn't there may be another problem.

EDIT: Also jhebbel when you get a chance can you tell me how you checked for the virtual bus driver?
Double EDIT: nvm figured it out.

You must be from across the pond because I got these at 0430 local lol, Typically to search for installed apps you search the apps GUID in registry and the driver in the driver store, but I was getting tons of false negatives possibly because the installer builder we use is a year or two old, so Im actually doing a direct file search for the executables and .sys files. Not technically the correct way but it works.

I take it you found the index out of bounds error aswell?