..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pokopom and Durazno still does it. Those are where I got those values from and I just transferred them over to this program. I think their settings override this if used together. So that's why I've probably never noticed in pcsx2 or pc games. So not exactly placebo. But you're right, no matter where I put the values at, it's always at 50% seemingly.
(05-21-2014, 10:16 PM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]Pokopom and Durazno still does it. Those are where I got those values from and I just transferred them over to this program. I think their settings override this if used together. So that's why I've probably never noticed in pcsx2 or pc games. So not exactly placebo. But you're right, no matter where I put the values at, it's always at 50% seemingly.

I meant messing with the trigger value in DS4Windows, other programs are perfectly fine.

Good news though. I got Analog Stick dead zones working, I'll just make it actually work for the triggers, test it a bit more and release another build.
Yeah I know. I wasn't able to see that it didn't work from the driver because I've always had pokopom or durazno on (masking the problem in ds4windows).

Yes, great news!
And it has been done, Deadzones have been add to the sticks and properly to the triggers. The update is live for others, but remember updates are checked hourly on startup by DS4Windows, and every time at startup for the updater.
The idea I had for implementing remapping of the thumb-pad dead-zones was to store calibrations per-controller-ID (the unique Bluetooth address) and have it be a separate file from the settings XML. Calibration would be done on demand by the user and they would be asked to jiggle the thumbpads around in the center area without trying to push with any force. The reason it's never become a priority is that I don't have any games which don't already have dead-zone settings.

Is two-finger scrolling with the touchpad extremely jittery for everyone? That's the last remaining bug that I can definitively find in the DS4Windows 1.0 Betas. It will mostly scroll in the right direction but also sometimes scroll back momentarily. Anyone have any observations/thoughts about it? I think that it's probably due to not performing independent jitter compensation for each of the two touches that feeds into multi-touch mode.

The last couple options I want to add to the 1.0 branch are ones for disabling the charge animation so the light bar can be always kept off, disabling rumble feedback in Button Mode.
(05-22-2014, 02:15 AM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]The idea I had for implementing remapping of the thumb-pad dead-zones was to store calibrations per-controller-ID (the unique Bluetooth address) and have it be a separate file from the settings XML. Calibration would be done on demand by the user and they would be asked to jiggle the thumbpads around in the center area without trying to push with any force. The reason it's never become a priority is that I don't have any games which don't already have dead-zone settings.

Is two-finger scrolling with the touchpad extremely jittery for everyone? That's the last remaining bug that I can definitively find in the DS4Windows 1.0 Betas. It will mostly scroll in the right direction but also sometimes scroll back momentarily. Anyone have any observations/thoughts about it? I think that it's probably due to not performing independent jitter compensation for each of the two touches that feeds into multi-touch mode.

The last couple options I want to add to the 1.0 branch are ones for disabling the charge animation so the light bar can be always kept off, disabling rumble feedback in Button Mode.

Scrolling is somewhat jittery, i've never had the 'spring back' issue you describe though, more annoying for me though is the momentum the cursor seems to have that causes overshot during rapid or even slow movements.
(05-22-2014, 02:15 AM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]The idea I had for implementing remapping of the thumb-pad dead-zones was to store calibrations per-controller-ID (the unique Bluetooth address) and have it be a separate file from the settings XML. Calibration would be done on demand by the user and they would be asked to jiggle the thumbpads around in the center area without trying to push with any force. The reason it's never become a priority is that I don't have any games which don't already have dead-zone settings.

I like that first idea, but like you I never needed to mess with dead-zones. Also Windows controllers settings already has a calibrate feature, it would be a waste of time to put it in the tool itself.

About the touchpad scroll, I had pretty much the same experience as jhebbel, jittery but no spring back, still extra momentum on the touchpad movement.
I have windows 8.1, and in the middle of a game, the DS4 constantly disconnects from my PC automatically, via Bluetooth. Anyone else have this problem?
(05-22-2014, 12:08 AM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]And it has been done, Deadzones have been add to the sticks and properly to the triggers. The update is live for others, but remember updates are checked hourly on startup by DS4Windows, and every time at startup for the updater.

nice. thanks. +1 to jay and jheb.

how about option for light that (when plugged in):

-while charging (battery not full): rainbow colors happen (currently happens the whole time; not just during charging)

-when battery is full, full color happens (already there)
-when battery is empty, empty color happens (already there)

-when battery is full, new option for idle timeout of the light makes it so that the light turns to empty color after a certain amount of time has passed (specified by the user) and it only takes effect (the timeout countdown) during the full battery session (not the charging session).

Edit: when I set the deadzones to 0.10 on the analog sticks, it drops down to an increment of 0.09. When I do 0.11, it drops to 0.10, etc.

Edit 2:
Where are your xmls? I don't see them in the folder that I put your program in.
(05-22-2014, 04:13 AM)bkrieger Wrote: [ -> ]I have windows 8.1, and in the middle of a game, the DS4 constantly disconnects from my PC automatically, via Bluetooth. Anyone else have this problem?

I don't have this problem but I can only think of 3 reasons that would happen: 1) your bluetooth driver/dongle stop working for a split second 2) you have idle timeout on 3) The battery might have died in game. Try connecting the ds4 via bluetooth and not running ds4windows, and see if it disconnects on it's own (I recommend playing a game that accepts dinput, if not just let it sit and see if it happens)
(05-22-2014, 05:56 AM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]nice. thanks. +1 to jay and jheb.

how about option for light that (when plugged in):
1-while charging (battery not full): rainbow colors happen (currently happens the whole time; not just during charging)

2-when battery is full, full color happens (already there)
3-when battery is empty, empty color happens (already there)

4-when battery is full, new option for idle timeout of the light makes it so that the light turns to empty color after a certain amount of time has passed (specified by the user) and it only takes effect (the timeout countdown) during the full battery session (not the charging session).

Edit: when I set the deadzones to 0.10 on the analog sticks, it drops down to an increment of 0.09. When I do 0.11, it drops to 0.10, etc.

For part 1, That's already there actually, you just need to turn on battery level color and when charging, it shows a rainbow.
Since part 2 and 3 are already covered, I kinda like the idea of the light bar slowly fading out until it disconnects, though I'm not sure about having only when the battery is full.
As for the edit, It's a weird thing windows does, the values are percentages in the gui, but the values of the deadzone are bytes (whole numbers). For the sticks (Edit: I mean triggers) the percentage is multiple by 255 and turned into a whole number, when the gui reads the value, it's divided again by 255, but since the decimals are cut off in the value, the percentage reads a bit lower. when you take .10 multiply it, remove the decimal, then divide it by 255, you end up with 0.09803... Visual Studio is weird by instead of rounding it it will only show .09. Rest assured as the "803" is still there, but it only shows the first 2 places.

In short it doesn't change the value, but it does read wrong.

EDIT: Aaaand just learned about Math.Round. Yeah you can tell I'm very new to this.