..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(05-23-2014, 10:21 PM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]Oh crap no one touch this build Tongue
(Don't worry it's perfectly fine)

And yeah I think I'll try to refine the UI a bit more as well, seeing that the lightbar settings are confusing for some.

I use both bluetooth and usb, I never fully turned of my pc to test it, only turned of ds4windows. Hmm I can try that quickly and see if it happens tho.

EDIT: Just tried it: had hide ds4 checked, connected controller via BT, immediately shut down pc, restarted it, tool launched on it's own via start with windows option, and it just said all 4 where disconnected. I turned on my controller again and it connected just fine. This is my bluetooth dongle btw.

Dunno, seems to only occur to certain people, regardless, those code changes to create a timeout should do the trick
(05-23-2014, 11:30 PM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]Dunno, seems to only occur to certain people, regardless, those code changes to create a timeout should do the trick

Well hopefully shinra can get back to us that it's fixed (I'm still wondering if I fixed the null exception for others)

Also I take you need some new ds4 images since you're using a white background, get back to me later when you get a chance and I'll provide you some new images.

Anyway Version 7.6: Another Options redesign, yeah so soon I know, but I wanted to give the options a bit of breathing room. Also small improvements all around, It wasn't clear that you could click the lightbar to get the color picker, and the list goes on of bad ui, I hope this makes things a bit more clear.
[Image: XzdBaTv.png]
DSTooL 7.6
KillerSuite 1.1.38.1281 (bluetooth drivers)

-Alright back from work; for the idle disconnect constant reconnect problem on bluetooth, now, no matter if you have hide ds4 unchecked or checked, it will give a connecting message and then immediately shut off after a couple of seconds (after shutting down from idle disconnect). Unchecking and rechecking when you see charging will make it work again but will immediately shut off after a couple of seconds.

-Unplugging the controller while it is charging has charging + % still on the display. Plugging it back in afterwards results in the controller not working anymore until you press stop and then start again on the program (with hide ds4 checked). Doesn't happen when battery is full.

+Start with windows initial visibility is good.

+-Pressing stop while plugged in and having the white light come on instead is good (not fixed for bluetooth though ~ bluetooth mode keeps shutting down after a couple of seconds but before it does, the light is still blue when I press stop)

*crosses fingers*
Hey guys is the ASUS USB-BT211 ok for use with this or should I be looking for something better? Also what sort of standards am I looking for in regards to getting an adapter?

Sorry to thread crap if anyone wants to respond through PM that's fine.
(05-24-2014, 05:41 AM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]DSTooL 7.6
KillerSuite 1.1.38.1281 (bluetooth drivers)

-Alright back from work; for the idle disconnect constant reconnect problem on bluetooth, now, no matter if you have hide ds4 unchecked or checked, it will give a connecting message and then immediately shut off after a couple of seconds (after shutting down from idle disconnect). Unchecking and rechecking when you see charging will make it work again but will immediately shut off after a couple of seconds.

-Unplugging the controller while it is charging has charging + % still on the display. Plugging it back in afterwards results in the controller not working anymore until you press stop and then start again on the program (with hide ds4 checked). Doesn't happen when battery is full.

+Start with windows initial visibility is good.

+-Pressing stop while plugged in and having the white light come on instead is good (not fixed for bluetooth though ~ bluetooth mode keeps shutting down after a couple of seconds but before it does, the light is still blue when I press stop)

*crosses fingers*

Well those two aren't good. I guess jheb's method didn't work Sad I simply can't reproduce this so I'll have to keep testing things until it works.
(05-24-2014, 05:50 AM)nugget28 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys is the ASUS USB-BT211 ok for use with this or should I be looking for something better? Also what sort of standards am I looking for in regards to getting an adapter?

Sorry to thread crap if anyone wants to respond through PM that's fine.

Yeah that should be good so long as it's bluetooth 2.1 or higher (it's 2.1) and it's uses windows bluetooth stack instead of its own(It also does, I think).
Shinra, could you check if this one works for you? I thinking a quick toggle of hide ds4 would help, but I'd like to see if it actually does for you.
48M140601D0594247, cheers =)
Hey Jay, first of all thank your for your effort with the DS4 Drivers ^_^ I recently tried out your built but it seems for me that the right analog stick cannot detect properly when I point it downwards? All the controls seems to work fine except that.

If I fall back to the last beta 10 from electrobrains however, I do not have any issue. Possible for you to fix that? xD. Also, I tested the latest 7.6 built and it seems the bluetooth problem is not resolved, at least not entirely. If I have DS4Windows running, then I off and on the DS4 controller again, my DS4 automatically turns off after a few second with the log say "Controller (mac address) was removed or lost connection". I have to stop DS4Windows first then on my DS4 controller, and then start DS4Windows for it to get connected. I suppose it has something to do with the new code for bluetooth timeout?
Opps just saw the debug build. I just tested that and it solves the bluetooth connection lost issue! First it connects, disconnects then quickly reconnects again and this time it stays connected ^_^ I'm using the broadcom bluetooth 3.0 on Windows 7.

But the right analog stick problem is still there =( It just doesn't detect properly when I turn it downwards, testing it with the xinput test as well as in game. Both same results.
With DS4Tool - J2K (Debug7.6) I can finally reconnect my DS4 with the PS button, but there's still two problems.
1. right stick down direction doesn't work.
2. when in a game and trying to reconnect while using the hide ds4 controller option it will say "warning: could not open ds4 exclusively. you must quit other applications...."

I've just tried the same with "InhexSTER's DS4Tool 1.3 RC3" and it works fine even with the hide ds4 controller option checked.
So whatever the hell he changed at that specific version is the solution. The only thing i could find about it was this post.

(03-13-2014, 01:54 AM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]Here is small update, RC3
It mainly focuses on fixing possible DS4 tool crashes and some other bugs that could have caused controller
never be available again until reboot or re-pairing controller again.

The link in few posts bellow or in my signature