..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(05-24-2014, 06:26 AM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]Shinra, could you check if this one works for you? I thinking a quick toggle of hide ds4 would help, but I'd like to see if it actually does for you.

Holy crap, NOW we're talking!

So, my connection issue (turning the controller on while DS4Windows is already running) seems to have FINALLY been fixed in this version! I noticed, however, that if something like Steam is running, even if I start DS4Windows first, the connection is made, but then the controller list (in Windows itself) is emptied, so no controller actually shows up; one time, I got an error saying "Windows Shell Common Dll has stopped working." If Steam isn't running, this isn't a problem, and the connection always works and stays working.

This is the first version since InhexSTER's 1.3 RC3 that has let me even make this connection, though, so I'm definitely liking where this is going.
(05-24-2014, 11:50 AM)greenblood82 Wrote: [ -> ]With DS4Tool - J2K (Debug7.6) I can finally reconnect my DS4 with the PS button, but there's still two problems.
1. right stick down direction doesn't work.

Same for me, so far J2K v7.315 and J2K v7.6 both have the same issue where the right analog stick down doesn't work in game ( dark souls 2).

I have J2K v5 which does work, if that helps.

BTW in the Windows Game Controller applet it works properly, Properties, test (Right Y-Axis increases when you pull down) but not in game.

Windows 7 x64 PS4 connected via usb.
@J2K:

- pressing stop on plugged in (white light is gone; it's back to previous light used)

- forced white lights (stop pressed lights) seem brighter than the original bluetooth paired (or connected without ds4tool open) white light.

+ white light when stop on bluetooth works

+ idle disconnect on bluetooth + reconnect with or without hide ds4 now works properly Smile It goes into connecting first (white light), then it goes to the normal light after a few seconds and starts working. Good 'nuff.

Enhancement:
*All bluetooth mode (not plugged in) lights max brightnesses should be at 50% (unless charging). Idle time out gradual dimming should then decrease from the 50% mark (an idea from electrobrain to conserve more battery while using bluetooth).

(I don't have that analog stick problem that the previous poster was talking about ~but then again, I don't have dark souls 2 either)
undefined
(05-24-2014, 10:53 AM)Gram Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Jay, first of all thank your for your effort with the DS4 Drivers ^_^ I recently tried out your built but it seems for me that the right analog stick cannot detect properly when I point it downwards? All the controls seems to work fine except that.

If I fall back to the last beta 10 from electrobrains however, I do not have any issue. Possible for you to fix that? xD. Also, I tested the latest 7.6 built and it seems the bluetooth problem is not resolved, at least not entirely. If I have DS4Windows running, then I off and on the DS4 controller again, my DS4 automatically turns off after a few second with the log say "Controller (mac address) was removed or lost connection". I have to stop DS4Windows first then on my DS4 controller, and then start DS4Windows for it to get connected. I suppose it has something to do with the new code for bluetooth timeout?

(05-24-2014, 11:50 AM)greenblood82 Wrote: [ -> ]With DS4Tool - J2K (Debug7.6) I can finally reconnect my DS4 with the PS button, but there's still two problems.
1. right stick down direction doesn't work.
2. when in a game and trying to reconnect while using the hide ds4 controller option it will say "warning: could not open ds4 exclusively. you must quit other applications...."

I've just tried the same with "InhexSTER's DS4Tool 1.3 RC3" and it works fine even with the hide ds4 controller option checked.
So whatever the hell he changed at that specific version is the solution. The only thing i could find about it was this post.

I just noticed I set the left stick deadzone to the right stick's when it came to down movement, Sorry that's fixed now. I also want to try something else for bluetooth since I uncheck exclusive mode, it might cause a problem in game as you said green. If this version doesn't allow you to connect to BT, I'll switch back to the way in debug 7.6.

(05-24-2014, 04:22 PM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]@J2K:

- pressing stop on plugged in (white light is gone; it's back to previous light used)

- forced white lights (stop pressed lights) seem brighter than the original bluetooth paired (or connected without ds4tool open) white light.

+ white light when stop on bluetooth works

+ idle disconnect on bluetooth + reconnect with or without hide ds4 now works properly Smile It goes into connecting first (white light), then it goes to the normal light after a few seconds and starts working. Good 'nuff.

Enhancement:
*All bluetooth mode (not plugged in) lights max brightnesses should be at 50% (unless charging). Idle time out gradual dimming should then decrease from the 50% mark (an idea from electrobrain to conserve more battery while using bluetooth).

(I don't have that analog stick problem that the previous poster was talking about ~but then again, I don't have dark souls 2 either)

For the first two parts, the only way to show the light is by forcing it that color, sometimes though it doesn't change, I'll keep looking into it and see what I find. I can make the light dimmer though, and I actually had the same idea for idle lighting in the next build, however I'm not going to force 50% brightness on the user in bluetooth. I'm sure many find full brightness annoying,and it is generally more battery consuming, but I rather leave the option for users to be as bright or as dim as they want.

So yeah beta build fixes the right stick down, and tries something new for bluetooth reconnecting issue, shrina, green, Gram, and others, please tell me if this all does or doesn't work for you when you can.
"however I'm not going to force 50% brightness on the user in bluetooth"
Does that mean that you will provide a brightness option for bluetooth mode and plugged in mode?

Since bluetooth is just the PS button alone to turn on, wouldn't that conflict with pc games and the xbox button overlay activation and also conflict with pokopom (when toggling analog sticks)?

[Plugged Stopping Light Issue]

If controller is plugged in and the program is started and activated, unplugging it and then replugging it and then pressing stop will cause the previous light to come on instead of the white light only the first time you press stop. Pressing start and then stop again afterwards, it will be the white light like it is supposed to.

If you never unplug while everything is going (stay plugged up the whole time), then the white light will always show like it's supposed to. So, you are close to complete fix with this issue.

Bluetooth light has this same issue too now. Didn't on previous build. But it's only the first time you press stop. Everytime afterwards it's white like it's supposed to be (if bluetooth is paired and the program is started). If the controller is completely off though, and then the program is started afterward and then you press the ps button, the white light comes on every other start/stop press instead of every time.
(05-24-2014, 08:43 PM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]"however I'm not going to force 50% brightness on the user in bluetooth"
Does that mean that you will provide a brightness option for bluetooth mode and plugged in mode?

I may, but I don't want to add too many settings to the light bar, that it soon becomes overwhelming.
Quote:Since bluetooth is just the PS button alone to turn on, wouldn't that conflict with pc games and the xbox button overlay activation and also conflict with pokopom (when toggling analog sticks)?

I don't see why it would, after all if you were to use a wireless 360 controller (With the pc wireless receiver) it is also turned on via the Guide button. When you press it the first time, the ps button is ignored as input, so there's nothing to worry about.
Quote:[Plugged Stopping Light Issue]

If controller is plugged in and the program is started and activated, unplugging it and then replugging it and then pressing stop will cause the previous light to come on instead of the white light only the first time you press stop. Pressing start and then stop again afterwards, it will be the white light like it is supposed to.

If you never unplug while everything is going (stay plugged up the whole time), then the white light will always show like it's supposed to. So, you are close to complete fix with this issue.

Bluetooth light has this same issue too now. Didn't on previous build. But it's only the first time you press stop. Everytime afterwards it's white like it's supposed to be (if bluetooth is paired and the program is started). If the controller is completely off though, and then the program is started afterward and then you press the ps button, the white light comes on every other start/stop press instead of every time.

I didn't change how the light changes from the last build yet, but as I said, the change to the default light is a bit iffy.

Also I take it on the beta build, bluetooth is still working for you.
(05-24-2014, 08:59 PM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]I may, but I don't want to add too many settings to the light bar, that it soon becomes overwhelming.
There is already a dimming ability, dimming is just lowering the RGB sliders relatively, so bright green is 0,255,0 and dim green is 0,120,0 and so on, all the use has to do is modify the sliders. Also the sliders are a PITA anyway which is why I switching over to a traditional color picker that most people are used to.

(05-24-2014, 08:59 PM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]I don't see why it would, after all if you were to use a wireless 360 controller (With the pc wireless receiver) it is also turned on via the Guide button. When you press it the first time, the ps button is ignored as input, so there's nothing to worry about.
you are correct, in order for games to comply with the XInput standard games may not map to the xbox button, so we/you can use that for a predetermined function at will, I will be using ths to show an overlay menu once my DX hooks are done.

(05-24-2014, 08:59 PM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't change how the light changes from the last build yet, but as I said, the change to the default light is a bit iffy.
I added a manual change to white inside the iteration inside the Stop() method, this how you doing it aswell?
J2K: "I didn't change how the light changes from the last build yet, but as I said, the change to the default light is a bit iffy."

Somehow it still came out to be that way with the light though for some reason (since you said you didn't bother them).

In 7.6, they didn't do like they are now in 7.62. So maybe they are still tied to what you altered in 7.62? The bluetooth white light problem(s) were fully resolved in 7.6 (excluding the brightness part). The plugged in white light issue was the one that was being troublesome. The parts you quoted from me were not things that were happening in 7.6 to sum it up.
*If you were referring to that when you responded*

Yes, bluetooth and the idling timeout reconnect is still working for me.

Edit:

Jheb: "There is already a dimming ability, dimming is just lowering the RGB sliders relatively, so bright green is 0,255,0 and dim green is 0,120,0 and so on, all the use has to do is modify the sliders."

Yeah but bluetooth and plugged share the same. If we dim bluetooth that way, then we will also dim it plugged.
(05-24-2014, 09:16 PM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]There is already a dimming ability, dimming is just lowering the RGB sliders relatively, so bright green is 0,255,0 and dim green is 0,120,0 and so on, all the use has to do is modify the sliders. Also the sliders are a PITA anyway which is why I switching over to a traditional color picker that most people are used to.

I added a manual change to white inside the iteration inside the Stop() method, this how you doing it aswell?

Yeah the sliders can do the dimming already. I'm not sure what you mean by pita, but the color picker was always in my version, it was just never known how to get to it (click the lightbar).

Also I set the manual change for when hitting the stop button and closing ds4tool in the scpform.cs, as in I changed the color before the stop() is called. I also put it in the stop() just recently, (it being in stop() as well is not in my newest builds). It seems to work better outside of stop(), but it's still a bit weird.
(05-24-2014, 09:24 PM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]J2K: "I didn't change how the light changes from the last build yet, but as I said, the change to the default light is a bit iffy."

Somehow it still came out to be that way with the light though for some reason (since you said you didn't bother them).

In 7.6, they didn't do like they are now in 7.62. So maybe they are still tied to what you altered in 7.62? The bluetooth white light problem(s) were fully resolved in 7.6 (excluding the brightness part). The plugged in white light issue was the one that was being troublesome. The parts you quoted from me were not things that were happening in 7.6 to sum it up.
*If you were referring to that when you responded*

Yes, bluetooth and the idling timeout reconnect is still working for me.

Edit:

Jheb: "There is already a dimming ability, dimming is just lowering the RGB sliders relatively, so bright green is 0,255,0 and dim green is 0,120,0 and so on, all the use has to do is modify the sliders."

Yeah but bluetooth and plugged share the same. If we dim bluetooth that way, then you will also dim it plugged.

Good to hear BT is still working, I'll keep trying to fix the white light though.

And for the edit: there are also people out there you may want the light to always be dimmed. It's hard to please everyone without a million options. I want to see if there's a good middle ground, but for now I kidna like the options.