..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I´m trying this with uPlay but is freezing..
Was planing on using my DS4 to play Blacklist...
(05-24-2014, 10:06 PM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]Good to hear BT is still working, I'll keep trying to fix the white light though.

And for the edit: there are also people out there you may want the light to always be dimmed. It's hard to please everyone without a million options. I want to see if there's a good middle ground, but for now I kidna like the options.

Ya know what? After thinking about it be shared, I have come to the conclusion that you don't need to separate them. I think I had this convo before with electrobrains but I just forgot about it. It would save energy whether plugged or not and max brightness doesn't look that much different from 50% brightness so the way it is now is a-ok.

So, you can forget about the light brightness separation part Smile

For both Jheb and J2K, I don't think ppl were really confused about the color sliders vs the numbers. It was the way that some questions were answered that made ppl confused. Some answers seemed like they could have had multiple meanings. So if you would like to revert back to the numbers for colors, that would be fine. It is more precise and it is easy to tell the user how did they get a specific color than the slider. Plus it could save some space for possibly something new. Many users use the numbers in other programs like photoshop, gimp, ifranview, etc. already anyway. But whichever you prefer.
(05-24-2014, 10:06 PM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah the sliders can do the dimming already. I'm not sure what you mean by pita, but the color picker was always in my version, it was just never known how to get to it (click the lightbar).
Once you have the color value (system.drawing.color) just access the individual R,G,B properties and shoot them directly into the DS4Color R,G,B properties.

(05-24-2014, 10:06 PM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]Also I set the manual change for when hitting the stop button and closing ds4tool in the scpform.cs, as in I changed the color before the stop() is called. I also put it in the stop() just recently, (it being in stop() as well is not in my newest builds). It seems to work better outside of stop(), but it's still a bit weird.
I had the best luck inside stop because then its only in one place, you don't have to tie it to form closing events and stop events and disconnect events etc etc. Only time it doesn't work for me now is if the thread is killed instead of exited (ie I stop the app while its in debugging mode by stoping debugging within VS) but this is normal because there is no way to catch a thread killed event without hooking the system32.dll and the heck with that.

BTW; PITA means Pain In The ......
Can someone help me get this working with Dark Souls, which stopped working awhile ago with the DS4tool 1.1 beta 3 after a Windows Update? It would make me very happy

If it's any help Windows 8.1 show there being two controllers in Devices and Printers, one a generic "Wireless Controller" and the other 360 Controller for Windows. I think that might be the issue, but removing the generic controller disconnects the DS4. Exclusive mode is being used
(05-24-2014, 10:49 PM)PraiseTheSun! Wrote: [ -> ]Can someone help me get this working with Dark Souls, which stopped working awhile ago with the DS4tool 1.1 beta 3 after a Windows Update? It would make me very happy

Are you using exclusive mode? Or hiding the ds4?
(05-24-2014, 10:52 PM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]Are you using exclusive mode? Or hiding the ds4?

I just edited my original post, yes I am. I don't mind using Teamviewer if you wanna have a look quick
(05-24-2014, 08:02 PM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]I just noticed I set the left stick deadzone to the right stick's when it came to down movement, Sorry that's fixed now. I also want to try something else for bluetooth since I uncheck exclusive mode, it might cause a problem in game as you said green. If this version doesn't allow you to connect to BT, I'll switch back to the way in debug 7.6.

For the first two parts, the only way to show the light is by forcing it that color, sometimes though it doesn't change, I'll keep looking into it and see what I find. I can make the light dimmer though, and I actually had the same idea for idle lighting in the next build, however I'm not going to force 50% brightness on the user in bluetooth. I'm sure many find full brightness annoying,and it is generally more battery consuming, but I rather leave the option for users to be as bright or as dim as they want.

So yeah beta build fixes the right stick down, and tries something new for bluetooth reconnecting issue, shrina, green, Gram, and others, please tell me if this all does or doesn't work for you when you can.

OH MY GOD, IT FINALLY WORKS PERFECTLY! NOBODY EVER TOUCH THIS PROGRAM AGAIN! Tongue

Seriously, though, I'm absolutely ecstatic right now. I haven't upgraded since InhexSTER's 1.3 RC3, but that ends now! Laugh

The only problem ("problem") I noticed is that if Steam is already active when I connect my controller, it doesn't recognize the PS button as the Guide button to use Big Screen mode until the client is restarted, but this is definitely a Steam-specific thing; I disconnected and reconnected my controller in the middle of playing Skyrim, and the hotplugging worked great in the game itself.

Thank you so much for fixing this connection issue!
I'm in love with these drivers. I just downloaded them, and they are incredible. Thank you!
(05-24-2014, 10:07 PM)bola08 Wrote: [ -> ]I´m trying this with uPlay but is freezing..
Was planing on using my DS4 to play Blacklist...

I just tried it and it did freeze, however after an update of uplay it's perfectly fine. I don't think this tool has anything to do with ds4windows
(05-24-2014, 10:23 PM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]Ya know what? After thinking about it be shared, I have come to the conclusion that you don't need to separate them. I think I had this convo before with electrobrains but I just forgot about it. It would save energy whether plugged or not and max brightness doesn't look that much different from 50% brightness so the way it is now is a-ok.

So, you can forget about the light brightness separation part Smile

For both Jheb and J2K, I don't think ppl were really confused about the color sliders vs the numbers. It was the way that some questions were answered that made ppl confused. Some answers seemed like they could have had multiple meanings. So if you would like to revert back to the numbers for colors, that would be fine. It is more precise and it is easy to tell the user how did they get a specific color than the slider. Plus it could save some space for possibly something new. Many users use the numbers in other programs like photoshop, gimp, ifranview, etc. already anyway. But whichever you prefer.

Glad we could reach an agreement. Anyway I have an idea for the numbers, but gimp, photoshop etc. use the color picker, which is in both mine,electro's and jheb's version.

(05-24-2014, 11:19 PM)pedrovay2003 Wrote: [ -> ]OH MY GOD, IT FINALLY WORKS PERFECTLY! NOBODY EVER TOUCH THIS PROGRAM AGAIN! Tongue

Seriously, though, I'm absolutely ecstatic right now. I haven't upgraded since InhexSTER's 1.3 RC3, but that ends now! Laugh

The only problem ("problem") I noticed is that if Steam is already active when I connect my controller, it doesn't recognize the PS button as the Guide button to use Big Screen mode until the client is restarted, but this is definitely a Steam-specific thing; I disconnected and reconnected my controller in the middle of playing Skyrim, and the hotplugging worked great in the game itself.

Thank you so much for fixing this connection issue!

I'm very glad it's working for you now.
Awesome work. I just found out about this project and I see a lot of hope for it. I was previously using inhexter's version and just found out that he stopped development and that yours is the most up to date version to use.

some notes,
* On Windows 8.1 I get a non trusted app warning, Windows does not like this and will not let it run without encountering a warning and forcing users to select "more info" then "run anyway"
* To get the input to work in my favorite MMO I must right click and choose "run as administrator" or set that toggle in the properties page. Issue arises with the start with windows option, as that option will not start the ds4tool with administrator privileges, or if I have the "run as administrator" selected on the program's properties page then it will not start with windows
* In the profile window there is no "Default" option for keybinds. I found it is easy to accidentally change bindings due to the way it pops up when a button is press, a minor issue that only affected me cause I was being stupid, I'm sure
* There are no keybinds for mouse wheel tilt (yeah I know, nobody uses anyway)
* The mouse speed is crazy fast, and there is no setting that seems to be slow enough to make this usable

** Request for the keybind page: I would like to set up macros or multiple actions, for example I would like to set a button to press number 3 then mouse 1, a combo I use often in my favorite mmo to cast an aoe spell (3 selects spell, mouse one sets it to cast). Nothing complicated or in depth is expected here, I use xpadder and xmouse for my macros and that one change (assuming mouse speed was reasonable) would eliminate the need to run xpadder completely and possibly xmouse as well.

just noticed i am using Jays2King's 7.6, which does seem to differ from jhebbel's builds, though i have not tested how they differ exactly