..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(05-27-2014, 01:41 AM)nugget28 Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry to keep thread crapping just really trying to get this working if someone wants to take it PM im happy to.

Ok ive started fresh Installed the driver from the link and now my DS4 is just showing up as a wireless controller but as an unspecified device so it dosent show up in the controller properties menu its just a device atm.

I noticed in the link you provided there was no ZAdiag folder for driver install im guessing that has something to do with the DS4 not correctly being recognised?

You were only supposed to be using the SCP drivers, not the entire tool, all you need is to install the SCP drivers than forget the rest of the files. Then run the DS4 tool from J2K
(05-27-2014, 01:44 AM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]You were only supposed to be using the SCP drivers, not the entire tool, all you need is to install the SCP drivers than forget the rest of the files. Then run the DS4 tool from J2K

All i did was run the SCpdriver executable and hit install.
(05-27-2014, 01:45 AM)nugget28 Wrote: [ -> ]All i did was run the SCpdriver executable and hit install.

Your screenshot clearly showed instances of SCP server and SCP monitor running as well, you cannot use these.
(05-27-2014, 01:47 AM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]Your screenshot clearly showed instances of SCP server and SCP monitor running as well, you cannot use these.

Yea sorry that was before when I was just testing. Today I started fresh and just donloaded the SCP driver J2K linked and hit install, ran the tool and my DS4 has no light isnt recognised as a proper controller and the DS4 tool isnt recognizing it at all.
(05-27-2014, 01:49 AM)nugget28 Wrote: [ -> ]Yea sorry that was before when I was just testing. Today I started fresh and just donloaded the SCP driver J2K linked and hit install, ran the tool and my DS4 has no light isnt recognised as a proper controller and the DS4 tool isnt recognizing it at all.

Does electrobrains tool work?
(05-27-2014, 01:51 AM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]Does electrobrains tool work?

No same issue. I dont think any of the tools will work because I dont believe windows installed the controller correctly. Its showing up as an x360 controller.

This is how its detected.

[Image: ReRo6y2l.jpg?1]
(05-27-2014, 01:55 AM)nugget28 Wrote: [ -> ]No same issue. I dont think any of the tools will work because I dont believe windows installed the controller correctly. Its showing up as an x360 controller.

well thats the point of this tool, is to make the device appear to windows and all other apps that it is an x360 controller. Notice all I see in my devices are x360 controllers aswell

[Image: 05.26.2014-19.59.png]
Does the tool have to install a driver of sorts for the DS4 because mine just seems to use the base windows controller. However when I ran the ZAdiag driver replacement tool that seemed to work, however I dont want to do that again as to interfere with the steps here. Can I force install the driver because windows just downloads a driver from windows update which Im guessing might be interfering here.
(05-27-2014, 02:03 AM)nugget28 Wrote: [ -> ]Does the tool have to install a driver of sorts for the DS4 because mine just seems to use the base windows controller. However when I ran the ZAdiag driver replacement tool that seemed to work, however I dont want to do that again as to interfere with the steps here.

The driver the tool installs is the SCP driver which is a HID device that allows for interpretation, but the dualshock itself only uses standard windows drivers because it is a compatible directinput device.
(05-27-2014, 02:06 AM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]The driver the tool installs is the SCP driver which is a HID device that allows for interpretation, but the dualshock itself only uses standard windows drivers because it is a compatible directinput device.

Ok then I wonder where the breakdown is then. The DS4 is in device manager under USB devices wireless controller. No light and the tools dont detect so Im wondering where the breakdown may be?