..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Other than adjusting the brightness of the charging cycle (unless you added that and I just can't find it), everything looks great in version 8. Laugh
(05-27-2014, 08:49 PM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]Alright and here it is, Version 8, the update is live:
  • More mapping options!
  • Toggle option: Press a button once and the key will be held down until the button is pressed again
  • Macro option: Assign multiple keys or mouse buttons to a single button! Just check Macro and select the buttons in the order you want them to be pressed (maximum 5)
  • Light bar even closer to default bluetooth when stopping
  • When disconnecting Controller via PS button and Options, if PS is assigned to a key or keys, the key is let go.
  • If Idle timeout is on, the light bar idles fades when fully charged (but doesn't disconnect)
  • DS4 Icon always shows, notifications only at startup, and when the main window is unfocused.
  • In options the tap, scroll, and slide are unchecked at start if any of them were turned off before
  • For always rainbow mode, the cycle goes in reverse when charging, remains dim if checked.
It seems the macros work relatively well, but I could always use some more testers. I've tried a few Win 8 commands (Win + key) Steam overlay (Shift + tab), Closing programs (alt + f4) and making a new tab (Ctrl + T). Many more actions can be done, however I can't get alt+tab to work, but anything else is a go. Hope you enjoy, and feel free to report an issue and ask for requests.

The macros don't seem to work on the touchpad, a single bind works but not two buttons(in my case, Y and space), win 7 x64
It just left clicks.
Ok, ive got enough of the bugs worked out to release a beta version. Sense works just fine as long as the game you want it to sense was NOT launched as an administrator, ill likely have to move the code into a service to get that to work.

-EDIT-
Just got sense working on elevated processes now too, it will be included in my next build.
(05-27-2014, 10:02 PM)pedrovay2003 Wrote: [ -> ]Other than adjusting the brightness of the charging cycle (unless you added that and I just can't find it), everything looks great in version 8. Laugh

I added it in, so long as battery level dim is on, it will be dimmed while on BT and while charging.
(05-27-2014, 10:37 PM)Crimor Wrote: [ -> ]The macros don't seem to work on the touchpad, a single bind works but not two buttons(in my case, Y and space), win 7 x64

Dang I didn't try the touchpad, but I know the problem and can fix it.
(05-27-2014, 11:23 PM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]Dang I didn't try the touchpad, but I know the problem and can fix it.

If you need software broken I'm your man :V
I get along fine with hardware, softwares another story entirely.

Also any chance being able to use the xbox buttons in the macros?
macros work flawlessly (given the limit of 5)

toggle does not appear to work properly in all cases. i configured mouse 2 to toggle (for look v. mouse movement in mmos) and it did not work, however i set a key to toggle control (a typical crouch button) and it did work.

also noticed that the mouse movement when bound to the analog sticks does not move based how far the stick is pressed, so moving the stick just slightly is the same as moving it to the farthest reaches. basically the sensitivity is a 0/1 option and not a multiplier -- or the analog sticks are not functioning in analog mode.

im not certain, but i do not think the touchpad is properly detecting where i touch. at lease in the profile setup when i click the lower right it asks me to bind touchupper, and tested as i am writing this it does seem to select the upper way too often when clicking on the right. additionally i may be confused as to whether this should affect the tap or the click, as i seem to have trouble even activating the right click, its either the upper or the left and rarely the right as i intend.
(05-27-2014, 11:31 PM)Crimor Wrote: [ -> ]If you need software broken I'm your man :V
I get along fine with hardware, softwares another story entirely.

Also any chance being able to use the xbox buttons in the macros?

Maybe not, it's something I'd have to look into
(05-27-2014, 11:49 PM)Drossious Wrote: [ -> ]macros work flawlessly (given the limit of 5)

toggle does not appear to work properly in all cases. i configured mouse 2 to toggle (for look v. mouse movement in mmos) and it did not work, however i set a key to toggle control (a typical crouch button) and it did work.

also noticed that the mouse movement when bound to the analog sticks does not move based how far the stick is pressed, so moving the stick just slightly is the same as moving it to the farthest reaches. basically the sensitivity is a 0/1 option and not a multiplier -- or the analog sticks are not functioning in analog mode.

im not certain, but i do not think the touchpad is properly detecting where i touch. at lease in the profile setup when i click the lower right it asks me to bind touchupper, and tested as i am writing this it does seem to select the upper way too often when clicking on the right. additionally i may be confused as to whether this should affect the tap or the click, as i seem to have trouble even activating the right click, its either the upper or the left and rarely the right as i intend.

For the first part, toggle as of now only works with keys right now, I'd have to implement it for mouse.

For the second, I seem to be able to get the sticks to move at different speeds by pushed, but I'll look into it.

As for the final part, the lower right is not rebindable, Touchpad upper is really just pressing down the touchpad while not "touching" the touchpad area (the parts with the dots). The upper part of the touchpad has no touch sensor, so it was made an extra button. What you're probably doing is going so far in the lower right corner, that the touchpad isn't detecting any finger on it, and thus thing you're pressing the upper part of the touchpad. And all the touchpad action are clicking it, not tapping it.

Also shinra, I'll check the lightbar when charged once my controller charges.

EDIT: Just tried mouse movement some more, yeah it's definitely moving based on how much it's pushed, if it's sett to a low value like 1 or 2, it will seem like it's on a on-off movement.
(05-27-2014, 09:32 PM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]Found another issue:
When charging, the rainbow colors do not switch to your fully charged color automatically when controller is fully charged anymore. You have to replug or restart the program/service to see the fully charged color (I'm draining power from the controller again so that I will be able to charge again to reconfirm).

Aight, retested. So scratch the quoted. Starting from 70%, if you let it charge to max non-stop, it charges fine. However, if you unplug anywhere at 80% and above (but still below 100%) and then replug, the controller won't charge again (rainbow colors) until you are at 70% and below again.
(05-28-2014, 12:34 AM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]Aight, retested. So scratch the quoted. Starting from 70%, if you let it charge to max non-stop, it charges fine. However, if you unplug anywhere at 80% and above (but still below 100%) and then replug, the controller won't charge again (rainbow colors) until you are at 70% and below again.

This goes back to what we said before, 80% does not really mean 80%. I pick mine up and it says 80% all the time but its really fully charged. So what your describing is not a bug, its normal behavior, just don't assume the battery levels are set in stone, and there isn't much we can do about it because its the controller reporting these battery levels we just feed them through.
(05-27-2014, 08:17 PM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]Glad you got it working, since it's already working in usb, you just have to pair it in bluetooth by holding PS+Share, then connect to it in your BT settings. Since all the drivers are set up, it should be an easy run through.

Unfotunately I have run into another issue now. When I pair the controller it starts connecting in DS4 tool says that controller 1 isnt using a profile then the light goes off and it dosent connect. Its like its droping out in a way. After a few attempt the light stays white and I can see a wireless controller in the devices but when I right click to go to game controller settings there is no controller in there.