..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(05-28-2014, 12:52 AM)nugget28 Wrote: [ -> ]Unfotunately I have run into another issue now. When I pair the controller it starts connecting in DS4 tool says that controller 1 isnt using a profile then the light goes off and it dosent connect. Its like its droping out in a way. After a few attempt the light stays white and I can see a wireless controller in the devices but when I right click to go to game controller settings there is no controller in there.

You may be using a non compatible BT dongle, just because the controller can connect to the PC via BT does not mean the software will be able to access it, some BT dongles just plain don't work, the original developer was working on ways to try to get some added support but for now if you are sure you are using windows BT drivers and not a driver that came with the device or computer and you are still having issues then sadly you may fall under this category.
(05-28-2014, 12:56 AM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]You may be using a non compatible BT dongle, just because the controller can connect to the PC via BT does not mean the software will be able to access it, some BT dongles just plain don't work, the original developer was working on ways to try to get some added support but for now if you are sure you are using windows BT drivers and not a driver that came with the device or computer and you are still having issues then sadly you may fall under this category.

I figured this might have been the case.

Had a Targus Bluetooth 4.0 adapter.

Ill take it back and try my luck with something else. Is there a compatibility list anywhere?

Thanks so much for all your help thus far.
(05-28-2014, 01:00 AM)nugget28 Wrote: [ -> ]I figured this might have been the case.

Had a Targus Bluetooth 4.0 adapter.

Ill take it back and try my luck with something else. Is there a compatibility list anywhere?

Thanks so much for all your help thus far.

There is no official one, and even if we started one, manufactures do tricky things like swap out chipsets half way through production and don't change the model number to differentiate, so eve if we had an approved list there is no guarantee that its going to work, its a bummer but aim for ones with high rates of success, Ive bought 3 of these and all have worked so far http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009ZII...UTF8&psc=1
Oh and jay, any chance for a wait command for the macros?(Like a sleep X) The button up commands in the macro gets eaten for some reason, doesn't happen normally, but I'm forced to go and click the buttons on the keyboard for it to work again.
(05-28-2014, 12:39 AM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]This goes back to what we said before, 80% does not really mean 80%. I pick mine up and it says 80% all the time but its really fully charged. So what your describing is not a bug, its normal behavior, just don't assume the battery levels are set in stone, and there isn't much we can do about it because its the controller reporting these battery levels we just feed them through.

When I was on 70%, it took like 45mins for the light to turn blue if i didn't unplug it though. When I went back to 70% to do again, when it was at 80% it was still rainbowed. It took about 10 mins for it to get to 80%. I unplugged and replugged then and it was blue with no rainbows.

So getting maxed without unplugging takes that long but unplugging and replugging makes charge time shorter? That doesn't make sense.
(05-28-2014, 12:34 AM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]Aight, retested. So scratch the quoted. Starting from 70%, if you let it charge to max non-stop, it charges fine. However, if you unplug anywhere at 80% and above (but still below 100%) and then replug, the controller won't charge again (rainbow colors) until you are at 70% and below again.

(05-28-2014, 01:05 AM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]When I was on 70%, it took like 45mins for the light to turn blue if i didn't unplug it though. When I went back to 70% to do again, when it was at 80% it was still rainbowed. It took about 10 mins for it to get to 80%. I unplugged and replugged then and it was blue with no rainbows.

So getting maxed without unplugging takes that long but unplugging and replugging makes charge time shorter? That doesn't make sense.

Yea, sorry but theres not alot we can do about that, when the controller tells us its charged we have to take its word for it lol
Okay. So when the next increment comes out, what's next since the macros will be completed? The motion controlling? (although the only use for it would probably be for the emulated wiimote for the dolphin emulator)
(05-28-2014, 01:16 AM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]Okay. So when the next increment comes out, what's next since the macros will be completed? The motion controlling? (although the only use for it would probably be for the emulated wiimote for the dolphin emulator)

Thats a possibility, it will require emulating an additional device sine the x360 controllers do not have this capability to map to, so whatever game its used in has to support multiple input devices. Personally ill be MIA for a couple days now that Watch Dogs is out lol.
(05-28-2014, 01:05 AM)Crimor Wrote: [ -> ]Oh and jay, any chance for a wait command for the macros?(Like a sleep X) The button up commands in the macro gets eaten for some reason, doesn't happen normally, but I'm forced to go and click the buttons on the keyboard for it to work again.

As of right now, I really doubt it. I'd have to rewrite most of how the mapping, and even then I'm not sure. I do want to rewrite it sometime, but for now I'll leave it how it is for a good while.
(05-28-2014, 01:05 AM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]When I was on 70%, it took like 45mins for the light to turn blue if i didn't unplug it though. When I went back to 70% to do again, when it was at 80% it was still rainbowed. It took about 10 mins for it to get to 80%. I unplugged and replugged then and it was blue with no rainbows.

As jheb's saying, the battery level is really given by the voltage. The controller doesn't actually give out it's battery level, the voltage is all we have to work with. When it's charging it gets a higher voltage, giving a higher "battery level," It can't be helped, it's either leave that how it is, make the levels much more sparse like the PS4 does (which only shows empty, 33%, 66% and charged), or remove it all together. I'm sure people like the by 10 percents, so it's not gonna change, but just pointing out, there's no way to make it more accurate.

(05-28-2014, 01:16 AM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]Okay. So when the next increment comes out, what's next since the macros will be completed? The motion controlling? (although the only use for it would probably be for the emulated wiimote for the dolphin emulator)

Honestly, not sure, I wanted motion mapping for a while, but got caught up in other things, for now I'm gonna release a small update for touchpad macros and toggle mouse buttons, and I'll be taking a small break. I'll still look out for bugs etc though.
Jheb: Lol, yeah great game. I just got done playing it for the time being earlier xD

J2K: K, understood.