..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Oh and about profiles, any chance for binding buttons(like the touch pad) to next/previous profile, or a specific profile?
(05-28-2014, 12:16 AM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]For the second, I seem to be able to get the sticks to move at different speeds by pushed, but I'll look into it.

EDIT: Just tried mouse movement some more, yeah it's definitely moving based on how much it's pushed, if it's sett to a low value like 1 or 2, it will seem like it's on a on-off movement.

i did have it set at 3, but just to test i set it to 30 and a slight tap sends it a good 3-4 inches, slight being the kind of tap i might expect in a fps to adjust a few mm of screen space to move from a chest to head shot on a character 20m away. in fact at a sensitivity of 30 it is impossible for me to move the mouse less then 3-4 inches on my laptops 17in screen, this is worse when playing a game at 720p (the best gaming resolution for consistent frame-rate on this laptop). at a setting of 10 its possible to see a very very slight difference between lightly pressed and fully pressed on the analog stick, but still difficult to move the mouse less than an inch (half an inch is repeatable, but difficult to obtain distance, cannot obtain less). deadzone is set at 0, and the controller has been recently calibrated.

perhaps i'm being overly picky here, and i know this isn't xpadder, but just to show what kind of curve i am used to, and i believe to be the best fit for using the gamepad with frst person shooters that only support mouse and not the gamepad, i have taken a screenshot of the xpadder mouse settings to show the curve it uses. i'm not saying i expect this exact curve, but i would like one that, like this one, allows very slight movement and still allows major movement. please, load up an old video game and test for yourself if you think you can use the mouse input to fine tun a headshot and still have the speed needed to jump from target to target and to adjust to look around corners quickly.

[attachment=50846]
(05-27-2014, 11:23 PM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]I added it in, so long as battery level dim is on, it will be dimmed while on BT and while charging.

Oh, okay, I think I see what you did: You made it so the lower the battery, the dimmer it is, and the higher the battery, the brighter it is, right? I was confused, because I keep my lightbar at level 5 at all times, but it was way brighter than that with an 80% full battery, but I think I just got confused by the implementation. I get it now!

(Also, one more thing: In the credits, electrobrains's name is spelled wrong. Just pointing it out. Tongue)
jhebbel, i tested your version and its looking nice. just wanted to note that i think the "hide ds4 controller" should be part of the profiles. so i can have a profile called XInput Compatable, that would disable the ds4 controller to prevent conflict, i would then set call of duty black ops, devil may cry, left 4 dead, etc to all use this profile as they would need little other specific configuration. then i would set half life, to have its own profile with key bindings, hexen 2 its own, star wars would also get its own.

also since your profile adaptation would introduce the possibility of sharing profiles (i.e i download half-life from steam and also download a half-life ds4 profile from your site) i think the export profile function is either missing or hidden too well. i mean i see import profile (in both yours and j2k's versions), but i see no export anywhere. and since you have a server for updates (code.google.com i believe) could that same update engine and space be used to provide ready made profiles?
(05-28-2014, 02:19 AM)Drossious Wrote: [ -> ]jhebbel, i tested your version and its looking nice. just wanted to note that i think the "hide ds4 controller" should be part of the profiles. so i can have a profile called XInput Compatable, that would disable the ds4 controller to prevent conflict, i would then set call of duty black ops, devil may cry, left 4 dead, etc to all use this profile as they would need little other specific configuration. then i would set half life, to have its own profile with key bindings, hexen 2 its own, star wars would also get its own.

also since your profile adaptation would introduce the possibility of sharing profiles (i.e i download half-life from steam and also download a half-life ds4 profile from your site) i think the export profile function is either missing or hidden too well. i mean i see import profile (in both yours and j2k's versions), but i see no export anywhere. and since you have a server for updates (code.google.com i believe) could that same update engine and space be used to provide ready made profiles?

The only reason I didn't make Hide controler part of the profiles is because it is not a property of a single controller but the whole program operation, but I guess I could add it anyway. The other stuff you mentioned is all very possible, and I'm using my business server for hosting the updates and such so it would be easy enough to tie in a online profile repository. Export is also doable but for now you can find them in your %appdata%\DS4Tool
(05-28-2014, 01:04 AM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]There is no official one, and even if we started one, manufactures do tricky things like swap out chipsets half way through production and don't change the model number to differentiate, so eve if we had an approved list there is no guarantee that its going to work, its a bummer but aim for ones with high rates of success, Ive bought 3 of these and all have worked so far http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009ZII...UTF8&psc=1

Thx Jheb unfortunately it wont ship to australia Sad.

Ill have to try find another.
(05-28-2014, 02:24 AM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]The only reason I didn't make Hide controler part of the profiles is because it is not a property of a single controller but the whole program operation, but I guess I could add it anyway. The other stuff you mentioned is all very possible, and I'm using my business server for hosting the updates and such so it would be easy enough to tie in a online profile repository. Export is also doable but for now you can find them in your %appdata%\DS4Tool

well i suppose ideally you could just toggle it to always hide, but then i think there could possible be some program that wont read the xbox controller but will read the generic wireless controller. if you knew that would never be the case then you could toggle it to hide all the time. i guess it would be safe now to turn that to always hide as a global option.

i think myself i would only need to change xpadder slightly and use a profile to change the playstation button (which xpadder wont let me change on the xbox controller, but will let me on the ds4 controller). i think once i do that i could set it as a global option to hide the ds4 controller. right now i have to switch that on and off a lot, but that's for xpadder only that i need the ds4 controller, i don't know that i have another reason, and i suppose most others don't either.

really i made that suggestion because i thought it would be better as a per game setting based on my experience, but i haven't updated my xpadder profiles to adapt to the new ds4tools profiles and i really should have. after all, ideally the profile changes and the macros and toggles that j2k is working on would bring all setting in house, so to speak. so keep it a global option unless you can see a case where it shouldnt be.
(05-28-2014, 12:16 AM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]EDIT: Just tried mouse movement some more, yeah it's definitely moving based on how much it's pushed, if it's sett to a low value like 1 or 2, it will seem like it's on a on-off movement.

Hi again guys, sorry i didnt get to reply before r.e my crash issue ive been away with irl things,thank you for fixing it. Very impressed with the progress yous have been churning through in just a few days though! Very exciting. I know yous are taking some much needed downtime atm, but i thought id let you know of any problems im having with these build for when you look again in a couple days.

So i really like the idea of mouse movement as u mentioned above, but in a similar fashion to xpadder.
Sadly though, i cant seem to work it out. As the other person was finding, its just on or off, and incredibly sensitive, anywhere between 3-100 results in the tiniest touch making the pointer shoot across half the screen, and setting it to 1 or 2 is too slow. The scale seems out of whack for mine, or something. i cannot make use of setting the dead zone either, as the smallest increment of deadzone (0.10), wipes out the tiny amount of fidelity i can find by setting it no higher than 2. Your answer above seems to suggest that keeping the value low will make the sensitivity worse,but im finding the opposite so im at a loss as to how to configure it.

The one other part i was particularly interested in, when electro forked the initial build was the use of different profiles for the touch pad. Electro was a huge proponent of this feature and i never understood the resistance he got from others r.e its inclusion. The button mode, where if you rested a finger on the touchpad and used left or right on the d pad etc, was the most intuitive and smart additions i have came across in all the builds, as it allowed you to assign keystrokes to those buttons normally, but touching the pad was like having a modifier. Inhexter and hectic took it out of the old branch for some reason and elecro brought it back in this build, have yous chose to do the same? I am sadly missing out on all the good features you guys have brought because that one feature alone is worth more than all the improvements made put together. Well, for me anyway.
oh and enjoy watchdogs Jhebbel!
(05-28-2014, 02:48 AM)marcoboyle Wrote: [ -> ]Hi again guys, sorry i didnt get to reply before r.e my crash issue ive been away with irl things,thank you for fixing it. Very impressed with the progress yous have been churning through in just a few days though! Very exciting. I know yous are taking some much needed downtime atm, but i thought id let you know of any problems im having with these build for when you look again in a couple days.

So i really like the idea of mouse movement as u mentioned above, but in a similar fashion to xpadder.
Sadly though, i cant seem to work it out. As the other person was finding, its just on or off, and incredibly sensitive, anywhere between 3-100 results in the tiniest touch making the pointer shoot across half the screen, and setting it to 1 or 2 is too slow. The scale seems out of whack for mine, or something. i cannot make use of setting the dead zone either, as the smallest increment of deadzone (0.10), wipes out the tiny amount of fidelity i can find by setting it no higher than 2. Your answer above seems to suggest that keeping the value low will make the sensitivity worse,but im finding the opposite so im at a loss as to how to configure it.

The one other part i was particularly interested in, when electro forked the initial build was the use of different profiles for the touch pad. Electro was a huge proponent of this feature and i never understood the resistance he got from others r.e its inclusion. The button mode, where if you rested a finger on the touchpad and used left or right on the d pad etc, was the most intuitive and smart additions i have came across in all the builds, as it allowed you to assign keystrokes to those buttons normally, but touching the pad was like having a modifier. Inhexter and hectic took it out of the old branch for some reason and elecro brought it back in this build, have yous chose to do the same? I am sadly missing out on all the good features you guys have brought because that one feature alone is worth more than all the improvements made put together. Well, for me anyway.
oh and enjoy watchdogs Jhebbel!

So I must admit, I have no idea what button mode is, but I do see code for it floating around in the source, what is its purpose?

Hey Jhebbel, im just wanting to check something. When i try to assign the mouse directions to the right stick, i cant seem to get it to save. if i change any other button, it seems happy enough to keep the changes to the profile, but not anything from the mouse (movement, or mouse scolling etc). Any ideas?

*edit*
r.e 'button mode' if you download electros beta 10 build it still has it in it, its the build im still using. Basically, if you touch the touchpad and press share or options, it cycled thought variable 'modes' for using the touchpad. I see you have an option to turn the touchpad on or of with a key combination, its an extention of that. As i (probably poorly explained) the button mode, was one of a set, there was also, standard mode, touchpad only, drag mode, cursor mode, and disabled. The others, whilst having their uses, were really only slight variations on the normal mode, but 'button mode' was where the magic was at. When you were resting a finger on the touchpad, it overrided the default use of a button, to make it left of right click. When you stopped touching it, the button went back to whatever it was assigned to. It was heaven for using with games which did not have default controller support and needed a lot of buttons and most importantly whenever a game had some kind of inventory management. I used it heavily with any mmo like wow, guild wars,as well as minecraft, dayz, rust Eq landmark, etc. I have milked every possible permutation available in xpadder over many years to assist in button bloat and especially inventory management, and that one part of this program alleviated all of the headscratching as to how to fit on all the buttons i needed. Its basically the reason i bought a ds4 and hoped i could used the trackpad in a way to better using the 360 pad or other 3rd party controllers. (of which i have tried DOZENS!) I realise i might sound a bit OTT there haha! But it really was that good. Like i say, i am willing to do without all the new features just because i basically cant manage without it now lol