..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(05-28-2014, 02:48 AM)Drossious Wrote: [ -> ]well i suppose ideally you could just toggle it to always hide, but then i think there could possible be some program that wont read the xbox controller but will read the generic wireless controller. if you knew that would never be the case then you could toggle it to hide all the time. i guess it would be safe now to turn that to always hide as a global option.

i think myself i would only need to change xpadder slightly and use a profile to change the playstation button (which xpadder wont let me change on the xbox controller, but will let me on the ds4 controller). i think once i do that i could set it as a global option to hide the ds4 controller. right now i have to switch that on and off a lot, but that's for xpadder only that i need the ds4 controller, i don't know that i have another reason, and i suppose most others don't either.

really i made that suggestion because i thought it would be better as a per game setting based on my experience, but i haven't updated my xpadder profiles to adapt to the new ds4tools profiles and i really should have. after all, ideally the profile changes and the macros and toggles that j2k is working on would bring all setting in house, so to speak. so keep it a global option unless you can see a case where it shouldnt be.

Ill plan on moving it into the profile in my next build, it will for the time being have to remain all hidden or all unhidden though, no controller by controller support as I "believe" this is how its programmed ground up. But if it does happen to actually iterate through controllers to apply that setting then were golden and I can make it per controller all day long, but for now all on or off will work, and I see how this could be useful, no use have an automatic profile switcher if the game still wont respond becuase this setting is wrong.
(05-28-2014, 03:15 AM)marcoboyle Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Jhebbel, im just wanting to check something. When i try to assign the mouse directions to the right stick, i cant seem to get it to save. if i change any other button, it seems happy enough to keep the changes to the profile, but not anything from the mouse (movement, or mouse scolling etc). Any ideas?

Hmm your right, same here. It works in my earlier versions too so its somthing I broke when modifying how the profiles were handled

Yikes found the issue, oversight on my part, will release a fix tomorrow.
(05-28-2014, 01:37 AM)Crimor Wrote: [ -> ]Oh and about profiles, any chance for binding buttons(like the touch pad) to next/previous profile, or a specific profile?

I can do that, I just didn't because like with the touchpad modes in electrobrains (which whose name I need to fix in credits, thank pedro) you wouldn't be able to see what profile you're using
(05-28-2014, 01:50 AM)Drossious Wrote: [ -> ]i did have it set at 3, but just to test i set it to 30 and a slight tap sends it a good 3-4 inches, slight being the kind of tap i might expect in a fps to adjust a few mm of screen space to move from a chest to head shot on a character 20m away. in fact at a sensitivity of 30 it is impossible for me to move the mouse less then 3-4 inches on my laptops 17in screen, this is worse when playing a game at 720p (the best gaming resolution for consistent frame-rate on this laptop). at a setting of 10 its possible to see a very very slight difference between lightly pressed and fully pressed on the analog stick, but still difficult to move the mouse less than an inch (half an inch is repeatable, but difficult to obtain distance, cannot obtain less). deadzone is set at 0, and the controller has been recently calibrated.

perhaps i'm being overly picky here, and i know this isn't xpadder, but just to show what kind of curve i am used to, and i believe to be the best fit for using the gamepad with frst person shooters that only support mouse and not the gamepad, i have taken a screenshot of the xpadder mouse settings to show the curve it uses. i'm not saying i expect this exact curve, but i would like one that, like this one, allows very slight movement and still allows major movement. please, load up an old video game and test for yourself if you think you can use the mouse input to fine tun a headshot and still have the speed needed to jump from target to target and to adjust to look around corners quickly.

I'm testing with garry's mod and very easily see a difference at 10, and only kind of at 3. However I'm thinking you want mouse acceleration (as in hold the stick in a direction in a while and the mouse moves faster). If that's what you mean that could work, but I'll still be taking a break for a while so I may not get to that soon. However the mouse movements work by the pixel. The mouse speed is the maximum pixel movement so say like 3, there's only 3 speeds, 1px, 2px and 3px. It can't go any slower, however I could also make movement less frequent so it seems slower, and it actually gives more speeds to work with.

In short I'm not sure if you want slower speeds that what you get at 3, or you want the mouse to move faster at 3 when you hold in down, or it's something completely different.
Version 8.1 is out, and so is the update is live:
Touchpad macros now work without also clicking, and Mouse Buttons are now toggleable like keys.
Automatically turning off bluetooth when it is on and the controller gets plugged in and preventing bluetooth to be turned on when plugged in would be a good idea.
Because not only does the controller become unresponsive during this time, all the light functionalities stop working correctly too (when bluetooth gets disconnected while plugged).
(05-28-2014, 05:35 AM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]Automatically turning off bluetooth when it is on and the controller gets plugged in and preventing bluetooth to be turned on when plugged in would be a good idea.
Because not only does the controller become unresponsive during this time, all the light functionalities stop working correctly too (when bluetooth gets disconnected while plugged).

Had this been the dualshock 3, I would do without question, however when the controller is unplugged the DS4 doesn't try to connect again. That might upset some users when they unplug and it's not still connected.
(05-28-2014, 04:55 AM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]I can do that, I just didn't because like with the touchpad modes in electrobrains (which whose name I need to fix in credits, thank pedro) you wouldn't be able to see what profile you're using

I'm testing with garry's mod and very easily see a difference at 10, and only kind of at 3. However I'm thinking you want mouse acceleration (as in hold the stick in a direction in a while and the mouse moves faster). If that's what you mean that could work, but I'll still be taking a break for a while so I may not get to that soon. However the mouse movements work by the pixel. The mouse speed is the maximum pixel movement so say like 3, there's only 3 speeds, 1px, 2px and 3px. It can't go any slower, however I could also make movement less frequent so it seems slower, and it actually gives more speeds to work with.

In short I'm not sure if you want slower speeds that what you get at 3, or you want the mouse to move faster at 3 when you hold in down, or it's something completely different.

3 is actually way too slow, but the only way i could get fine control over the mouse, and even still don't have fine control. it seems you have mode some adjustments in 8.1, and its definitely a lot better, but still very little fine control. i think a setting of 5 is about the right speed at the upper end of the curve, but at the lower end its still hard to control. try this, use the analog to emulate mouse movement and click bold italic and underline on the reply box, those require fine control, yet its almost impossible for me to click them if the sensitivity is anything above 2. whereas with xpadder i have no trouble whatsoever selecting them, and still can have at the upper end speeds greater than your sensitivity of 30. and xpadder does not use acceleration, it uses a curve. acceleration could be helpful, but a curve is the ideal solution and achieves the desired result better than acceleration could.

here is another example picture of the xpadder curve, with a sensitivity setting akin to your 30, notice the fine control at the low end. that is in fact exactly how it is mapped on the analog stick.

[attachment=50848]
(05-28-2014, 08:36 AM)Drossious Wrote: [ -> ]3 is actually way too slow, but the only way i could get fine control over the mouse, and even still don't have fine control. it seems you have mode some adjustments in 8.1, and its definitely a lot better, but still very little fine control. i think a setting of 5 is about the right speed at the upper end of the curve, but at the lower end its still hard to control. try this, use the analog to emulate mouse movement and click bold italic and underline on the reply box, those require fine control, yet its almost impossible for me to click them if the sensitivity is anything above 2. whereas with xpadder i have no trouble whatsoever selecting them, and still can have at the upper end speeds greater than your sensitivity of 30. and xpadder does not use acceleration, it uses a curve. acceleration could be helpful, but a curve is the ideal solution and achieves the desired result better than acceleration could.

here is another example picture of the xpadder curve, with a sensitivity setting akin to your 30, notice the fine control at the low end. that is in fact exactly how it is mapped on the analog stick.

I totally agree, I cant establish any fine control over mouse movements as it is, but i really like the way xpadder implements it. I think if there was a way to do something along the lines of 0-50% analogue movement keeps a constant but slower mouse movement (with which you can add a deadzone) and from 50-100% the acceleration was to increase exponentially, that would replicate analogue movement as best as possible. Whether thats something that could actually be implemented if the scale of movement is on a per pixel basis however is another matter.

Also, i seen you mention Electros touchpad modes Jay, did you take them out for a specific reason? And is it something you would be willing to put back in if it doesnt conflict with another feature?
Would it be possible to indicate battery level by having different fixed colors?
For example: Battery fully charged = white, high = blue, medium = green, low =red.

The way it currently is implemented doesn't work when i set the led to the lowest value.
When i set battery full color to blue 1 and empty color to red 1 it will turn the led off when the battery level is somewhere in between.
I would prefer having it set to the lowest value of 1, since i don't want it to reflect on my screen and also to save energy, but i also don't want it to be completely off.
(05-28-2014, 12:04 PM)greenblood82 Wrote: [ -> ]Would it be possible to indicate battery level by having different fixed colors?
For example: Battery fully charged = white, high = blue, medium = green, low =red.

The way it currently is implemented doesn't work when i set the led to the lowest value.
When i set battery full color to blue 1 and empty color to red 1 it will turn the led off when the battery level is somewhere in between.
I would prefer having it set to the lowest value of 1, since i don't want it to reflect on my screen and also to save energy, but i also don't want it to be completely off.
setting it to a value like 10 should do it, the issue is the math to blend the colors must result in an integer and 1 doesn't leave anywhere for the math to round to or blend with. Also there have been a couple bench tests done to prove turning off the light bar saves very little battery, LEDs by nature are extremely low draw devices. If the issue is with screen reflection there are some companies online that are making masks to put on the bar that have a logo or similar that is a cool mod and will also cut down your glare

http://www.ebay.com/sch/flaming-toast/m....7675.l2562