..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
does anyone know where electrobrains went??? not that you guys do bad work or anything, I love the updates but I was just curious as to where he went.
(05-29-2014, 01:49 AM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]Absolutely go for it dude, when I polish it off ill try to get it up to Google code, be warned, its a lot of changes.

Sweet, just tell me whenever you upload it.
(05-29-2014, 02:23 AM)wahgah Wrote: [ -> ]does anyone know where electrobrains went??? not that you guys do bad work or anything, I love the updates but I was just curious as to where he went.

He's comes around from time to time, but he's been busy too.
A small request, J2K, if you don't mind: please make the update dialogue more meaningful. I've just started playing around with your fork and when my machine started up a dialogue popped up simply stating something along the lines of "Update required" with an OK and Cancel button. The only way I knew it was your DS4Tool was the icon on the taskbar.

You can kind-of imagine how it looks to have a blank, near-meaningless dialogue popping up at boot to ask you to download something.

Otherwise, the only thing on my wishlist is the ability to set up a quick switch to start and stop the tool entirely. I know I earlier mentioned (to Electro) that I'd like a switch to turn off Exclusive Mode, but some older stuff isn't too keen on having multiple joysticks present (eg MechWarrior 3) - killing the XB360 portion entirely is the only "safe" option for these things.
I am having problems playing pcsx 2 with this since electrobrains altered the port from 1-4 to 11-14 the xinput controller plugin doesn't recognize my controller.
(05-29-2014, 07:27 AM)wahgah Wrote: [ -> ]I am having problems playing pcsx 2 with this since electrobrains altered the port from 1-4 to 11-14 the xinput controller plugin doesn't recognize my controller.

That's very odd, because the SCP virtual bus driver doesn't care which port you choose. Does no virtual XBox 360 controller device show up at all, in Device Manager or the Game Controllers dialog?
Everything checks out in both of those, I play regularly with the controller in all my other games, just got a new processor and thought I would try out pcsx 2 and iif doesn't read it unless I use a different plugin
(05-30-2014, 02:13 PM)wahgah Wrote: [ -> ]Everything checks out in both of those, I play regularly with the controller in all my other games, just got a new processor and thought I would try out pcsx 2 and iif doesn't read it unless I use a different plugin

What 360 plugin are you using in game? since the DS4 tool is emulating 360 controllers now you need an additional layer in pcsx to pick them up. There are several available, just google using 360 controller in pcsx.
I'm using pokopons xinput plugin
(05-30-2014, 03:36 PM)wahgah Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using pokopons xinput plugin

and are you using exclusive mode, have you tried cycling it on on and off? have you also tried via USB or any other troubleshooting steps?
just tested on my system and pokopom's worked flawlessly without any configuration, the other two required bindings to be configured