..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(03-26-2014, 04:05 PM)raptor1138 Wrote: [ -> ]I've found one issue that this version is particularly susceptible to. Often, at random intervals, opening Steam's Big Picture mode reveals that the left stick does not work, only the D-pad, only fixed by restarting Steam. It's a small issue, but it's frequent.

Is this with exclusive access or not? What versions? I have been testing all manner of games, but have not tried launching Big Picture mode. When this happens, it sounds like Steam is at fault, otherwise restarting it wouldn't have an effect... other programs can't overwrite the state of the Xinput device, merely mishandle it, as far as I know. Whether or not it's a bug in DS4Windows, I of course do not want to provoke further buggy behavior in Steam!

Edit: Steam Big Picture Mode works fine when DS4Windows is started in exclusive mode (first, of course.) When DS4Windows is running in Shared mode, that's when it is ignoring the thumbpads. This seems like purely bugs within Steam, possibly related to the recent change where Steam Big Picture now starts almost immediately when you have the Steam client in the foreground and you press the Guide/PS button.
Big Picture has always worked like that -

Steam Foreground - Press Guide.
Steam Background - Press and Hold Guide for ~5 seconds.

Presumably so that if your playing a game it doesn't immediately pop if you press Guide to access the Windows Live overlay.
(03-26-2014, 07:58 PM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: [ -> ]Big Picture has always worked like that -

Steam Foreground - Press Guide.
Steam Background - Press and Hold Guide for ~5 seconds.

Presumably so that if your playing a game it doesn't immediately pop if you press Guide to access the Windows Live overlay.

Ah, okay, guess I've never had Steam in the foreground! I wonder what's up with Steam, then, although I never knew it used thumbpads for navigation until it was mentioned here. It's a mysterious program to me.
I turn on exclusive mode whenever installing a new version of the tool and never uncheck it. It does sound like a steam issue, because there is no factor with DS4windows that I've seen in whether it happens or not. It's fine though, it's an easy fix and steam restarts lightning fast for me.

On another note, I must have missed the explanation of all these touchpad modes if there was one. What are the differences between all of them?
Well I decided to throw my hat into the ring and make my own branch of this wonderful tool. I'm no expert in coding so I didn't mess and probably never will mess with the functionality of the controller, however I decided to make my idea for the custom controller screen come to life. So in short I built off electrobrains newest build, and completely revised the custom mapping, much like hectic did/is doing. Yeah doing this will probably make it harder for the other devs to choose a style, but really I just made this for me, both as a gateway to learning visual studio and git-related stuff, and to see how far I could go. So without further adieu, my build:

As I said earlier this build is just a revamped custom controls screen, nothing more.
[Image: zhSdPJh.png]
It works as stated at the top, by clicking one of the buttons on the controller and that button will highlight, then like the last builds, press any key to assign it, the first item in the list to the right will show what it is now assigned to. This example shows the triangle button assigned to menu (alt key)
[Image: w4o7PM7.png]
Before you assign a key, the first item will also show what the button was last assigned to, while the second item in the list will show what is the default key for said button/stick, so you'll never lose track. The list of course is really there so you can select all the other actions you can't press, such as 360 controls and mouse actions.
[Image: yz0Vs42.png]
As I said, other devs can implement it as they like, I'll try to modify it as needed to. I also made a branch on code google so as soon as I figure out how to upload to it (give me like an hour, I haven't looked into how to yet). The download for my build is below, I hope you all enjoy!

(Hope you guys don't mind me posting in both threads)

EDIT: I have no idea if I did it right but I pushed a branch to my own clone or something along those lines, I hope that works Tongue: https://code.google.com/r/jays2kings-ds4.../?name=jay
I've done a major touchpad-related overhaul and decided to put out a DS4Windows 1.0 Alpha release! See the original post for all the details. I've renumbered the version to indicate that I now feel that we are approaching a solid release quality for this program. Please upgrade if you are using an older version!
(03-28-2014, 03:42 AM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]Well I decided to throw my hat into the ring and make my own branch of this wonderful tool. I'm no expert in coding so I didn't mess and probably never will mess with the functionality of the controller, however I decided to make my idea for the custom controller screen come to life. So in short I built off electrobrains newest build, and completely revised the custom mapping, much like hectic did/is doing. Yeah doing this will probably make it harder for the other devs to choose a style, but really I just made this for me, both as a gateway to learning visual studio and git-related stuff, and to see how far I could go. So without further adieu, my build:

As I said earlier this build is just a revamped custom controls screen, nothing more.
[Image: zhSdPJh.png]
It works as stated at the top, by clicking one of the buttons on the controller and that button will highlight, then like the last builds, press any key to assign it, the first item in the list to the right will show what it is now assigned to. This example shows the triangle button assigned to menu (alt key)
[Image: w4o7PM7.png]
Before you assign a key, the first item will also show what the button was last assigned to, while the second item in the list will show what is the default key for said button/stick, so you'll never lose track. The list of course is really there so you can select all the other actions you can't press, such as 360 controls and mouse actions.
[Image: yz0Vs42.png]
As I said, other devs can implement it as they like, I'll try to modify it as needed to. I also made a branch on code google so as soon as I figure out how to upload to it (give me like an hour, I haven't looked into how to yet). The download for my build is below, I hope you all enjoy!

(Hope you guys don't mind me posting in both threads)

EDIT: I have no idea if I did it right but I pushed a branch to my own clone or something along those lines, I hope that works Tongue: https://code.google.com/r/jays2kings-ds4.../?name=jay

This is great to see; I really like the concept! Do you want to see if you can merge the 1.0 Alpha change sets? We can both do some major testing and do a 1.0 Beta in a few days. All I want with the interfaces is them to be "stable:" operate predictably and sensibly. I like seeing how simple and intuitive this design is to work with, so as long as we can get bugs out I want to go with your work Smile

I'll check out the actual program/code later when I have the time. Can't wait!
(03-28-2014, 05:13 PM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]This is great to see; I really like the concept! Do you want to see if you can merge the 1.0 Alpha change sets? We can both do some major testing and do a 1.0 Beta in a few days. All I want with the interfaces is them to be "stable:" operate predictably and sensibly. I like seeing how simple and intuitive this design is to work with, so as long as we can get bugs out I want to go with your work Smile

I'll check out the actual program/code later when I have the time. Can't wait!

Not a problem I'll get to merging it later today or tomorrow, if you (and hectic) don't mind I'll try to merge Hectic's options with it too.
I know that i'm not a chatty person but i'm still working on the UI here: https://code.google.com/p/ds4ui/ and here: https://github.com/donbabbeo/ds4ui Laugh

Today i put everything in place and cleaned a bit so tomorrow i will start testing it for real trying to convert DS4Windows to a service. Every contribution is welcomed Laugh
Well it didn't take long to merge. It actually took about 30 mins, but i had things to do and I'm still working on properly merging my build to google code. Since I'm back now I'm gonna post my build and later merge to google code.

Build info: Merged with DS4 Windows 1.0 Alpha, has Hectic's tabbed options, and my Custom mapping ui. For those that used my ui before the touchpad mapping makes more sense and has a tip and repeat has a tip too. Also fixed a crash if you selected an item in the list before selecting a ps4 button.

Edit: Pushed to my source code branch