..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(05-29-2014, 07:27 AM)wahgah Wrote: [ -> ]I am having problems playing pcsx 2 with this since electrobrains altered the port from 1-4 to 11-14 the xinput controller plugin doesn't recognize my controller.

so i got to testing pcsx after the above post, and it should be noted i can play most modern games at decent framerates, but few games on the pcsx would play well. in fact i got better performance years ago on a lesser pc than now. i was baffled then i saw it was 32bit and thought, oh i need to go download the 64bit version, that'll help. couldn't find it, but found a developer post that they were not going to develop for 64bit cause 64bit offers "No increase in performances" and "Let's face it, few people use a 64bit OS".

so i configured pcsx to run emulated for windows xp compatibility, and i get a vast speed improvement. heh emulation for the emulator cause the devs thought 64bit would be slower.
I've been using the original DS4Windows but now for some reason it's forgetting all my settings when I launch the program. I know it's unlikely that it will get updated any time soon so I'd like to use one of the other branches but unfortunately both of them give me the same bug when I try to use my controller. About 5 seconds after connecting the DS4 via Bluetooth it will switch off, which doesn't happen in DS4Windows but it happens every time in both Jays2Kings and jhebbel's versions.

I'd love to use either one of these newer versions because of the active development but with the bluetooth constantly dropping out it's making them annoying to use. Is there a log or something I could enable so the problem could be more easily identified?

Edit: Hang on, I tried Jays2Kings' v9.11 on the previous page and it updated to v9.111 when it launched. I am able to keep my bluetooth connection now!
(05-31-2014, 09:15 AM)realghostvids Wrote: [ -> ]I've been using the original DS4Windows but now for some reason it's forgetting all my settings when I launch the program. I know it's unlikely that it will get updated any time soon so I'd like to use one of the other branches but unfortunately both of them give me the same bug when I try to use my controller. About 5 seconds after connecting the DS4 via Bluetooth it will switch off, which doesn't happen in DS4Windows but it happens every time in both Jays2Kings and jhebbel's versions.

I'd love to use either one of these newer versions because of the active development but with the bluetooth constantly dropping out it's making them annoying to use. Is there a log or something I could enable so the problem could be more easily identified?

Edit: Hang on, I tried Jays2Kings' v9.11 on the previous page and it updated to v9.111 when it launched. I am able to keep my bluetooth connection now!

Not sure what happened there, but glad to know it's working. Anyway small update: this is just small bug fixes, such as default touchpad mouse clicking works again, which broke when macros were set.
9.12 is another excellent release. It's been a good day to own a DualShock 4; I just got done replacing the joysticks with Xbox One joysticks, and holy crap, am I happy with the result. Laugh
Please add an option to hide the task bar icon and keep the app hidden in the background
*Not one forced white light, wire disconnect light, stop button light, or any light fix we spent 10,000 pages talking about works anymore. Why?

*Keyboard also keeps popping up everytime I press the psbutton when in the menu.

*Unplugging and replugging too fast (about 4) cause the light to break (slowly glowing yellow) and you have to restart program (or computer unless versions get switched back).

*Being plugged in and then turning your computer on with start with windows option checked ~ the controller doesn't start. You would have to unplug/replug (stop/start button won't work) ***all versions***

8.2 is the most stable for me atm but am looking forward to the auto game profile switching.
I know DS3 work totaly differently, but Could you add DS3 support ?
(06-01-2014, 05:16 PM)mbushnaq Wrote: [ -> ]Please add an option to hide the task bar icon and keep the app hidden in the background
It's already there, just minimize.
(06-01-2014, 08:08 PM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]*Not one forced white light, wire disconnect light, stop button light, or any light fix we spent 10,000 pages talking about works anymore. Why?

*Keyboard also keeps popping up everytime I press the psbutton when in the menu.

*Unplugging and replugging too fast (about 4) cause the light to break (slowly glowing yellow) and you have to restart program (or computer unless versions get switched back).

*Being plugged in and then turning your computer on with start with windows option checked ~ the controller doesn't start. You would have to unplug/replug (stop/start button won't work) ***all versions***

8.2 is the most stable for me atm but am looking forward to the auto game profile switching.
For the first part, yes that did break, not sure how that happened but I'll look into it.

The second part should only happen if you have options open, and the change mapping with the controller is checked (which starts off checked). Just uncheck the box, or close the profile settings.

The third part can't be helped, the tool needs time to clean up and when not given it, gets out of whack.

The last one I'll have to check out myself and then I'll get back to you on it.
(06-02-2014, 12:59 AM)DirtyShady Wrote: [ -> ]I know DS3 work totaly differently, but Could you add DS3 support ?

I doubt I'd do it, but you can ask jheb or electro and see if they're up for that, but the DS3 is a different beast and would need a new driver for it. I don't have the know how for adding support for it, sorry.
(06-02-2014, 02:48 AM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]The third part can't be helped, the tool needs time to clean up and when not given it, gets out of whack.

Unplugging and replugging too fast doesn't 'break' the controller in 8.2.
(06-02-2014, 03:48 AM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]Unplugging and replugging too fast doesn't 'break' the controller in 8.2.

Huh, alright I'll see hat happened between versions then.