..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(06-02-2014, 08:49 PM)pedrovay2003 Wrote: [ -> ]Holy crap, 9.3 is great. Laugh I love the choices of what to do while the controller charges.

A little off-topic, but is there a free anti-virus program you recommend over AVG? I've never had any issues with it, but I'm always open to better alternatives.

Well it's hard to say, I just started avast, but if you decide to, turn off deepscreen as it's a bit annoying when using smaller apps like ds4windows.

My personal favorite though is Microsoft Defender which is included in Windows 8, on Windows 7 and below it's called Microsoft Security Essentials. It's the same thing just a different name and has to be downloaded.

However if avg is working for you, then there's no real need to switch.
J2K the latest version I can't get to work any more without changing the windows text size from Medium 125% (default) to 100% small. This is windows 7, I prefer the larger text since I'm using my 55' HDTV.

v8 worked, though the text for the controller on the profile page was all garbled. Don't remember off hand the exact sequence, but was getting a .net error on startup and the controller wouldn't load. Hope you can fix it so I can run it with the larger font size.
(06-02-2014, 02:48 AM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]It's already there, just minimize.
For the first part, yes that did break, not sure how that happened but I'll look into it.

The second part should only happen if you have options open, and the change mapping with the controller is checked (which starts off checked). Just uncheck the box, or close the profile settings.

The third part can't be helped, the tool needs time to clean up and when not given it, gets out of whack.

The last one I'll have to check out myself and then I'll get back to you on it.

I doubt I'd do it, but you can ask jheb or electro and see if they're up for that, but the DS3 is a different beast and would need a new driver for it. I don't have the know how for adding support for it, sorry.

The DS4 tool was based off of the original tool meant for DS3's, so its "possible", but I don't happen to have any DS3s around nor can I admit its a priority as it is pretty much accepted that the DS4 is superior in pretty much every aspect.
(06-02-2014, 11:03 PM)Wirenut48 Wrote: [ -> ]J2K the latest version I can't get to work any more without changing the windows text size from Medium 125% (default) to 100% small. This is windows 7, I prefer the larger text since I'm using my 55' HDTV.

v8 worked, though the text for the controller on the profile page was all garbled. Don't remember off hand the exact sequence, but was getting a .net error on startup and the controller wouldn't load. Hope you can fix it so I can run it with the larger font size.

I found the issue and have fixed it properly. The version below has it fixed for when using 125% text size.
(06-02-2014, 11:06 PM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]The DS4 tool was based off of the original tool meant for DS3's, so its "possible", but I don't happen to have any DS3s around nor can I admit its a priority as it is pretty much accepted that the DS4 is superior in pretty much every aspect.

I know that it is, however the driver used doesn't have ds3 support included and iirc Scarlet.Crush's driver for his DS3Tool while it supports DS4's the driver doesn't work for all the DS4 tools. Even though I have only one DS4 and two DS3's, it's still a very, very low priority to add support for it.
(06-02-2014, 08:19 AM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]That's weird, I take it all versions are doing it by the sound of it. When you uninstall the driver, you can check the uninstall software option, it might not help but it's worth a shot.

I had to press share + psbutton to get the pair to stick. I was switching between microsoft stack and Qualcomm stack. I could only pair with the Qualcomm stack though. At first I was just using the psbutton alone. That got me far until yesterday. Bluetooth stacks are weird xD

Edit to respond to missed comment: Windows shut down > light off works great. Only thing left in this area is having the controller start faster when plugged on startup. At first I thought it could have been a driver waiting to start up too, but with my specs, it only takes 3 minutes for everything to start up and by that time, the controller is still not doing anything. Logitech controller functions as soons as you are able to move the mouse. If I unplug and replug, it'll start working even before one minute of being able to move mouse (just giving more insight here to help narrow down things *hopefully*)

Keep up the good work.
(06-02-2014, 11:34 PM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]I had to press share + psbutton to get the pair to stick. I was switching between microsoft stack and Qualcomm stack. I could only pair with the Qualcomm stack though. At first I was just using the psbutton alone. That got me far until yesterday. Bluetooth stacks are weird xD

That they are, sad thing it I don't think there were ever be a simple standard soon, if ever.
Oh, btw, the very slow start when plugged and starting windows only happens when hide ds4 checked. Just tested by restarting and disabling things and found it before I could hurry and say so on my prev post b4 you posted again xD
Still doesn't work 125% settings, but it does with the 100% just fine. Here is the .net error details.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at ScpServer.ScpForm.Form_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at ScpServer.ScpForm.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18444 built by: FX451RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
DS4Tool
Assembly Version: 1.3.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.3
CodeBase: file:///C:/DS4Tool/DS4Tool.exe
System
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
DS4Control
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/DS4Tool/DS4Control.DLL
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
DS4Library
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/DS4Tool/DS4Library.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
(06-02-2014, 07:24 PM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]
  • Switch profiles now by a 2 finger swipe left or right on touchpad

Could you make a checkbox for this one please? I don't like the idea of accidentally switching profiles and would rather have this feature disabled. Huh

Also every time i try to update using the updater, it just crashes and deletes everything in the folder. I'm on windows 8.1 now but the same thing happened on windows 7. Wacko
(06-03-2014, 02:22 AM)greenblood82 Wrote: [ -> ]Could you make a checkbox for this one please? I don't like the idea of accidentally switching profiles and would rather have this feature disabled. Huh

That sounds like a good idea with good reasoning. I don't see why the feature is needed at all though since he is working on the automatic profile thingy.