..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(06-03-2014, 12:19 AM)Wirenut48 Wrote: [ -> ]Still doesn't work 125% settings, but it does with the 100% just fine. Here is the .net error details.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at ScpServer.ScpForm.Form_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at ScpServer.ScpForm.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18444 built by: FX451RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
DS4Tool
Assembly Version: 1.3.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.3
CodeBase: file:///C:/DS4Tool/DS4Tool.exe
System
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
DS4Control
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/DS4Tool/DS4Control.DLL
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
DS4Library
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/DS4Tool/DS4Library.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

I think I fixed the issue, but the UI turns into kind of a mess at 125% settings, so I'm going to fix that first then have you test it.
OK thank you very much, after the latest update to the UI everything went bonkers. Yesterday I installed jhebbel's new self installer, also got a .net error on startup but I did manage to get it working and setup a profile just fine, like the auto profile feature. But I like yours better having the joystick deadzones, but as is, it wouldn't load the controller to be able to apply a profile.
Ok, so this version should be good I think, tested on a Windows 7 PC at 125% text size. and it doesn't crash anymore on it.

This version also has higher quality images for those with a higher dpi.
Yes it works fine, these old eyes thank you, and the controller UI looks great now.
Using 9.2 and am getting a HUGEE Memory LEAK:

[attachment=50972]

started it last night, let the pc sleep, turned it on a couple hours ago and then this.
(06-03-2014, 06:27 AM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, so this version should be good I think, tested on a Windows 7 PC at 125% text size. and it doesn't crash anymore on it.

This version also has higher quality images for those with a higher dpi.

You misspelled duplicate Tongue
(06-03-2014, 08:59 AM)eats7 Wrote: [ -> ]Using 9.2 and am getting a HUGEE Memory LEAK:

started it last night, let the pc sleep, turned it on a couple hours ago and then this.

I had something similar to it, but not that bad of a leak, I'll try to patch it up later while also fixing...
(06-03-2014, 12:38 PM)Crimor Wrote: [ -> ]You misspelled duplicate Tongue
...this, woops thanks.
If anyone wants to use PS3 controllers they have for local multiplayer, I can confirm that v9.12 of J2K's driver, and presumably many other versions do in fact support simultaneous usage with PS3 controllers running the SCP driver.

So if you are using bluetooth, instal the PS3 pad as normal with the SCP drivers, but only over USB. Then use J2Ks driver to use the PS4 controller over bluetooth. I'm assuming he branced off after I asked OP to change the xinput slots. So the SCP driver will use 1-4, while the DS4 drivers will use 11-14.

The only issue I've found is that the virtual xbox 360 controller from the SCP driver sticks around even after unplugging the PS3 controller for whatever reason. The DS4 counted as controller 1 in the two games I tried, so it wasn't an issue, but I believe stopping and restarting the SCP service would fix it.
(06-03-2014, 08:24 PM)MangoTangoFox Wrote: [ -> ]If anyone wants to use PS3 controllers they have for local multiplayer, I can confirm that v9.12 of J2K's driver, and presumably many other versions do in fact support simultaneous usage with PS3 controllers running the SCP driver.

So if you are using bluetooth, instal the PS3 pad as normal with the SCP drivers, but only over USB. Then use J2Ks driver to use the PS4 controller over bluetooth. I'm assuming he branced off after I asked OP to change the xinput slots. So the SCP driver will use 1-4, while the DS4 drivers will use 11-14.

The only issue I've found is that the virtual xbox 360 controller from the SCP driver sticks around even after unplugging the PS3 controller for whatever reason. The DS4 counted as controller 1 in the two games I tried, so it wasn't an issue, but I believe stopping and restarting the SCP service would fix it.

Yes other methods work for supported the DS3, whether the SCP driver or motioninjoy etc. however adding DS3 to DS4Windows itself isn't possible as of now (and honestly unless someone else does it, it might not ever happen, sorry about this). This is branched of electro's latest beta 10, so it is using ports 11-14.

Also this version is a beta build, this hopefully fixes the memory leak, I didn't add it into the update queue as nothing else has changed (aside from the duplicate spelling issue), and I'm not even sure if it works yet. eats, if you would be so kind to tell me if it's patched up, I'd appreciate it.
okay i'll try it out. get back to you tomorrow. I have 12 gigs of ram and i didnt notice until my pc started freezing; thats when i noticed it was at 6.3 gigs, which i know it shouldnt need that much haha...and the app just kept climbing so i killed it and everything returned to normal.