..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(06-05-2014, 07:49 PM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]Not to mention if you don't want items in the notification area, you can tell windows not to show them.
Right Click > Properties > Taskbar Tab > Customize.

You also need to install your runtimes (or reinstall) so that the program will be able to work.

It seems there is a bug with the "Start with Windows" option, because when I bootup I get an unhandled exception error. However when I disable this option, and just create a shortcut in the startup folder the error is no longer there.
(06-06-2014, 12:10 AM)mbushnaq Wrote: [ -> ]It seems there is a bug with the "Start with Windows" option, because when I bootup I get an unhandled exception error. However when I disable this option, and just create a shortcut in the startup folder the error is no longer there.

what OS are you using and what is the exact version of the DS4Tool app?
(06-06-2014, 12:12 AM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]what OS are you using and what is the exact version of the DS4Tool app?

I am running on Windows 8.1, DS4Tool 1.4.1.6 < downloaded from the link in your signature. I also tried v1.4.2.6 which also have the same issue

Also, one more thing I would like to mention is the "Idle Disconnect" settings in profile page is not in minutes but in seconds.
(06-06-2014, 12:17 AM)mbushnaq Wrote: [ -> ]I am running on Windows 8.1, DS4Tool 1.4.1.6 < downloaded from the link in your signature. I also tried v1.4.2.6 which also have the same issue

Also, one more thing I would like to mention is the "Idle Disconnect" settings in profile page is not in minutes but in seconds.

Version 1.4.3 will generate a crash.log file in the appdata folder if this error originates from within the DS4 Windows tool, if you could run your update then re enable the option and restart then send me the file this would help in narrowing down what is causing your system to throw this error but no others.
I've gone ahead and uploaded what I consider to be 1.0 Final for the DS4Windows fork that I've been developing. There is no major new functionality, but some often-requested functionality: a toggle for the charge indication animation on the light bar, and a toggle for the rumble feedback in Button Mode. The two-finger-scrolling mouse wheel emulation has also been slightly modified to be smoother by not rounding off pixel coordinates into integers at the start of the movement calculation.

I am totally undecided as to where I'll dedicate my time now between the three major forks of this project. I'm personally not going to switch which version I use until I can restore Button Mode; the ability to shift mappings completely just by having a finger on the touchpad is too addictive for me! I love seeing all the work the community is putting into support for the DS4!
Mic, Earphones, Motion Controls by 2015. LET'S GO xD
(06-06-2014, 04:29 AM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]Mic, Earphones, Motion Controls by 2015. LET'S GO xD

lol, sadly hardware integrations is beyond my skillset, no clue when it comes to writing custom drivers lol.
(06-06-2014, 04:31 AM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]lol, sadly hardware integrations is beyond my skillset, no clue when it comes to writing custom drivers lol.

I figured that the first iteration of motion controls would be something that mapped onto the XBox 360 thumb pads. Audio support is likely to to some combination of protocol reverse engineering with an actual PS4 and wire-sniffing the Bluetooth and then some custom service for transmitting audio and/or a virtual audio driver much like ScpVBus lets you emulate an XBox 360 controller at the USB protocol level. A simpler goal that I think we could accomplish without much trouble would be a local input-only TCP service which takes a description of haptic patterns to issue on the rumble motors and the light bar and lets us expose those to specialized utilities, but I readily admit that the only example usage I have is taking something like FFXIV-APP and letting it read from the in-memory state of Final Fantasy XIV and map game events to rumble/light bar patterns.

It is going to be a long time before we're really harnessing the full power of this controller on the PC, but just having touchpad support is enough to blow away other controllers. Have you put any thought into motion controls yourself yet?
@J2K or anyone:
Something that just came to mind:

1. to easily fix the 'hide ds4' slow startup at windows when plugged, I propose to make it so that hide ds4 is not checked when windows is starting and if you had 'hide ds4' check previously, it will automatically switch back to 'hide ds4' checked. This would probably solve the issue (it did when I did it manually). It probably doesn't need a time interval in-between either. Manually, simply switching the checkbox and quickly switching it back seems to suffice.

2. option to hide the mouse cursor after a user defined numerical value (secs). Taking away the cursor completely is bad because it could make some pc games automatically switch to windowed mode. So just making it invisible should be cool. It should keep its current possible as well. Cursor would be visible again when touchpad or computer mouse is moved or pressed only. Buttons, sticks, and dpads should not affect this option. So a mouse cursor idle timeout if you will.

3. when mapping keys to buttons, I would like to be able (for example) to map the X (A) button as the A button + a keyboard button. Currently, it is either/or. I would like to do this because I want to set the ctrl key (or the 5th mouse button) to every gamepad button press while at the same time keeping the buttons as they were originally intended for to keep the screensaver, hibernation mode, or sleep mode from turning on when I'm playing a game. Isn't need for the touchpad because using the mouse cursor already resets the computer's idle screen timing out.

4. The notification area pop up message can make some games go into window mode automatically (for example, sleeping dogs). Can we have an option to switch Notification icon messages off?

@electro:
My opinion about the motions controls are to have it working (even if nothing on windows is defaultly using it) but having the optional ability to map a button, mouse movement, command, directional movement, etc. from the keyboard or controller to the motions (should be fun). After the normal having it working is done though, users could ask the dolphin team to support the motion controls of this controller in their emulated wiimote option in their dolphin emu.
(06-06-2014, 01:08 AM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]Version 1.4.3 will generate a crash.log file in the appdata folder if this error originates from within the DS4 Windows tool, if you could run your update then re enable the option and restart then send me the file this would help in narrowing down what is causing your system to throw this error but no others.

I have updated to version 1.4.3 and uploaded the log in the link below:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-dJMQO...sp=sharing