..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Guys i have a question, is it possible to use the sound input from the controller to use a Headset or just headphones throu the controller? So that i can plug them in change in windows soundmanager to the controller and have my sound "wireless" from the controler?

EDIT: BTW is in the Controller a mic integrated? maybe we can unlock this too? or is it too much to ask?
Edit2: Noticed that there is no mic, but a speaker we could unlock too if its possible so audio in and speaker to unlock + six axis mapping and i buy this prog for 50$ Laugh
(03-29-2014, 02:30 PM)Rizzler Wrote: [ -> ]Guys i have a question, is it possible to use the sound input from the controller to use a Headset or just headphones throu the controller? So that i can plug them in change in windows soundmanager to the controller and have my sound "wireless" from the controler?

EDIT: BTW is in the Controller a mic integrated? maybe we can unlock this too? or is it too much to ask?
Edit2: Noticed that there is no mic, but a speaker we could unlock too if its possible so audio in and speaker to unlock + six axis mapping and i buy this prog for 50$ Laugh

Dualshock 4 is very wonky with how it sends the audio device to the PC. It appears the moment you connect it for the first time, and then instantly disappears. It appears to be waiting for a software que for the PS4 that we don't have. At least, that's what the devs said in the other thread.

If your on the fence about getting a PS4 controller now, I personally recommend it. The controller feels perfect, especially in small hands, and the giving the touchpad mousepad capabilities makes DS4 the perfect PC controller. You can quickly fix problems, play a game with incomplete gamepad integration, and even comfortably navigate your PC without using the mouse.
(03-29-2014, 06:47 AM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]Well it didn't take long to merge. It actually took about 30 mins, but i had things to do and I'm still working on properly merging my build to google code. Since I'm back now I'm gonna post my build and later merge to google code.

Build info: Merged with DS4 Windows 1.0 Alpha, has Hectic's tabbed options, and my Custom mapping ui. For those that used my ui before the touchpad mapping makes more sense and has a tip and repeat has a tip too. Also fixed a crash if you selected an item in the list before selecting a ps4 button.

Edit: Pushed to my source code branch

This works out well, but I want to preserve the latest set of changes in labeling -- did you see the last changes I made in the mapping screen? Ideally it would be nice to add a left pad/right pad section mapping, separate from the other ones, that activates when in Button Mode. Then, in Button Lock mode, I would like to make it possible to reassign all the face buttons/D-pad/bumpers, as they are now hard-coded to Left/Middle/Right Mouse Buttons. Maybe we can have a few tabs, "Standard Mode (etc.) mapping" versus "Button Mode" versus "Button Lock in Button Mode"? What might seem intuitive to you?

Resetting the options to default also pointed out a place where the new mouse movement logic breaks down; if you just use the default 100 value then it acts very strange, and using any other value seems to work great (I always used 120 before.) I'm going to fix that stuff and push out a new Alpha, and integrate your changes after we do something to improve the mapping for button mode. The clicking of the touchpad section is not very intuitive right now, so I think maybe then having the label like you have now, maybe do a sort of bracket with an associated label?
For anyone using 1.0 Alpha with the default setting of 100 for Touch motion sensitivity, the mouse cursor was almost uncontrollable, but any other setting for the motion sensitivity would make it work pretty much fine. Sorry for only testing with non-100 sensitivity! Today's 1.0 Alpha 2 fixes that so the default setting of 100 works. The DS4Windows 1.0 Beta will include improvements to the Options windows.
(03-30-2014, 04:08 PM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]This works out well, but I want to preserve the latest set of changes in labeling -- did you see the last changes I made in the mapping screen? Ideally it would be nice to add a left pad/right pad section mapping, separate from the other ones, that activates when in Button Mode. Then, in Button Lock mode, I would like to make it possible to reassign all the face buttons/D-pad/bumpers, as they are now hard-coded to Left/Middle/Right Mouse Buttons. Maybe we can have a few tabs, "Standard Mode (etc.) mapping" versus "Button Mode" versus "Button Lock in Button Mode"? What might seem intuitive to you?

Resetting the options to default also pointed out a place where the new mouse movement logic breaks down; if you just use the default 100 value then it acts very strange, and using any other value seems to work great (I always used 120 before.) I'm going to fix that stuff and push out a new Alpha, and integrate your changes after we do something to improve the mapping for button mode. The clicking of the touchpad section is not very intuitive right now, so I think maybe then having the label like you have now, maybe do a sort of bracket with an associated label?

Honestly I don't like the number of modes currently. I'm not sure what you mean by regular button mode, but I like the idea of a button lock mode (left side, right side, upper side of touchpad as configurable, the rest of the controls just as configurable as in standard mode) and the regular standard mode. Cursor mode is just all actions on the touchpad disabled, it makes sense just for the user to remove the bindings or just have an option to tick off touchpad presses. I also never understood how the drag mode worked, you'd have to explain it to me. I think just 2 modes: standard and button mode, is all that's needed.

I'll try to incorporate button mode into the mapping, as in see if I could also have the mapper tell which mode the controller is in, then in that mode change the highlights and areas to click for button mode.
Yeah the proliferation of modes isn't great but that's just sort of what happened rather than merging the feature sets. I want to redefine control schema some later but for now get what we have stable. Drag mode is just supposed to let you continue the second tap in a double tap and use it to drag an icon or highlight bar.
Any chance to implement "idle timeout" feature ?
(03-31-2014, 06:00 AM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah the proliferation of modes isn't great but that's just sort of what happened rather than merging the feature sets. I want to redefine control schema some later but for now get what we have stable. Drag mode is just supposed to let you continue the second tap in a double tap and use it to drag an icon or highlight bar.

Yeah the modes aren't that much of a problem right now, I didn't want to play with changing up the modes on my own until the tool is further down the rode where I can make my own customizations without breaking other things you guys. For now I'm trying to stick as close to GUI editing so you guys can use it.

Also I added a current mode notice to the custom map, and button mode is now a part of it, every other mode the touchpad areas are clickable as bottom (for single touch) middle (for multi-touch) and top (for upperpad), while button mode does show and are accessed by clicking the left and right of the touchpad. I also merged the latest DS4Windows so the mouse sensitivity at 100 as electrobrains stated is fixes, and if you select an item in the list then the first item in the list it wouldn't save before, now it does.
[Image: EPgkv6t.png][Image: H677n72.png]
Yo electro can you keep a link to the latest version in your signature like InhexSTER does? It would make it easier to find.

Also, I wanna say that my favorite version has always been the version that's getting stuff done. It used to be hepticseptic, but since the merge and then split, your version is my main. InhexSTER's is moving reeaally slowly compared to how it used to be.
Thanks to Jays2Kings for all the new GUI work, I'm putting out 1.0 Beta! The completely-revised custom controller mapping screen now helps you make sense out of doing bindings both for Standard mode and Button mode. Please test for regressions because this is a pretty complex bit of merging!

To do for 1.0:
* Xinput rumble swap (match left/right versus heavy/light)
* save the controller mode upon shutdown/disconnect and restore it