..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(06-08-2014, 08:52 PM)Telsak Wrote: [ -> ]Correct, although there is a caveat and that is you need a Nvidia card that is in the 600series or higher. Basically, if you have GeForce Experience and can use Shadowplay to stream/record video on the fly you can use this. Limelight allows you to trick the Nvidia streaming service into thinking you have a Shield handheld device and stream the video to that.

I have only tried the ARM & Android versions of limelight, I suppose I could test Limelight PC on the second monitor and see how that runs.

I have more more request, while running that environment can you open XInputTest on a secondary monitor while playing a game and see if that shows any lag?
I would if I could find a download link to XinputTest on the x360ce google page. Maybe I'm just blind but I can't find it.
(06-08-2014, 09:08 PM)Telsak Wrote: [ -> ]I would if I could find a download link to XinputTest on the x360ce google page. Maybe I'm just blind but I can't find it.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-DS4-To-XInput-Wrapper OP has it attached
so im wondering here. could the guide button provide a custom app launcher or task switching app, not a rebind of alt-tab, but maybe work with an overlay or a different application to provide a more versatile solution for the playstation button. i don't know if there is anything like that other than steam's, but i do remember a few years ago there were basic alt-tab replaces that might work for the job or provide a basis. just thinking, i miss the playstation's ps guide, i'm thinking it would be nice to jump to a background music link or browser and back to game. could an xml script and some graphics create some skinnable options?
removed, problem was solved
Ok ran a test just now with Xinput Test and this was .. interesting. Before I thought the problems started as soon as the game was launched but they start immediately as soon as the streaming starts. When I look at xinput I see my actions don't really register/or they are delayed and prolonged button presses. But I can still navigate in big picture mode anyway. That must mean BPM isn't using xinput in the navigation which explains why I can get into a game but then it just grinds to a halt.

Anyway, in Xinput Test it lags horribly, imagine 90% packetloss to make a crude comparison. And the buttons that do register get prolonged and 'stuck'.
(06-08-2014, 09:25 PM)Telsak Wrote: [ -> ]Ok ran a test just now with Xinput Test and this was .. interesting. Before I thought the problems started as soon as the game was launched but they start immediately as soon as the streaming starts. When I look at xinput I see my actions don't really register/or they are delayed and prolonged button presses. But I can still navigate in big picture mode anyway. That must mean BPM isn't using xinput in the navigation which explains why I can get into a game but then it just grinds to a halt.

Anyway, in Xinput Test it lags horribly, imagine 90% packetloss to make a crude comparison. And the buttons that do register get prolonged and 'stuck'.

ok so there is obviously some serious incompatibility between the two, not sure what could cause it as the streaming app technically should not be trying to take control of controller at the hardware level, could be its bumping processes with lower priority in an attempt to overcome its own lag at the expense of other apps? If you have the capibility try setting the process priority of the DS4Tool higher, see if that fixes.
(06-08-2014, 09:18 PM)Drossious Wrote: [ -> ]so im wondering here. could the guide button provide a custom app launcher or task switching app, not a rebind of alt-tab, but maybe work with an overlay or a different application to provide a more versatile solution for the playstation button. i don't know if there is anything like that other than steam's, but i do remember a few years ago there were basic alt-tab replaces that might work for the job or provide a basis. just thinking, i miss the playstation's ps guide, i'm thinking it would be nice to jump to a background music link or browser and back to game. could an xml script and some graphics create some skinnable options?

some sort of in game interactivity is something id really like to do in the long run, with options such as saving snapshots directly to social media and such, unfortunately doing so requires DirextX hooking which can be a PITA, so its shelved for the moment. Until then the PS button can be mapped to a function key that could be tied in with a 3rd party tool such as xfire.
(06-08-2014, 09:38 PM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]ok so there is obviously some serious incompatibility between the two, not sure what could cause it as the streaming app technically should not be trying to take control of controller at the hardware level, could be its bumping processes with lower priority in an attempt to overcome its own lag at the expense of other apps? If you have the capibility try setting the process priority of the DS4Tool higher, see if that fixes.

Tried going up from 'High' to 'Realtime' (I know no process should ever run at realtime) but that didn't change anything. As soon as the stream starts, the controller effectively dies. I'll hit up the limelight people and see if anyone else has encountered this problem but most likely I'll just shelf this and wait for a couple more updates from their side.

I mean, if I desperately want to pipe the monitor to the tv I can always go buy a 10m hdmi cable and plug it straight in so there's no real panic. I just wanted to be clever and get more use of my Pi.

edit: I really appreciate the feedback and that you have taken some time to throw some ideas around. Cheers Smile
(06-08-2014, 09:57 PM)Telsak Wrote: [ -> ]Tried going up from 'High' to 'Realtime' (I know no process should ever run at realtime) but that didn't change anything. As soon as the stream starts, the controller effectively dies. I'll hit up the limelight people and see if anyone else has encountered this problem but most likely I'll just shelf this and wait for a couple more updates from their side.

I mean, if I desperately want to pipe the monitor to the tv I can always go buy a 10m hdmi cable and plug it straight in so there's no real panic. I just wanted to be clever and get more use of my Pi.

edit: I really appreciate the feedback and that you have taken some time to throw some ideas around. Cheers Smile

well if it works fine without the DS4Tool running the incompatibility could be on our side, hard to tell without setting a system up myself and really digging into it, but it sounds like all the easy fixes are out the window.