..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Oh wow, I really should have checked both forums before asking for help.. -_-

Quote:Using a wired/wireless controller connected to the GFE PC instead of the streaming device
Normally, Limelight sends controller input from the streaming client which gets sent to the game by GFE. If you want to connect a controller to your PC instead of the streaming device, GFE can cause some problems because the emulated controller still appears to games as controller 1. Luckily there is a workaround for this. You'll need to rename the DLL that Nvidia is using to send controller input so it won't be used anymore. On 32-bit and 64-bit Windows, rename rxinput.dll to rxinput.dll.old on in C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NvStreamSrv. On 64-bit versions, there's another copy of the DLL in C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\NvStreamSrv which you'll want to rename. You may have to do the renaming again if GFE does an update, but it should allow you to use your controller normally on games that only support 1 controller.

It's right there, first post on the xda-dev thread. It makes sense that the nvidia server is listening for input from the client in hindsight, so renamed the dll's and now the controller works perfectly without any problems. Well, that was embarassing!
(06-08-2014, 10:07 PM)Telsak Wrote: [ -> ]Oh wow, I really should have checked both forums before asking for help.. -_-

It's right there, first post on the xda-dev thread. It makes sense that the nvidia server is listening for input from the client in hindsight, so renamed the dll's and now the controller works perfectly without any problems. Well, that was embarassing!

Cool glad that worked, now I want to try that software lol.
(06-08-2014, 09:47 PM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]some sort of in game interactivity is something id really like to do in the long run, with options such as saving snapshots directly to social media and such, unfortunately doing so requires DirextX hooking which can be a PITA, so its shelved for the moment. Until then the PS button can be mapped to a function key that could be tied in with a 3rd party tool such as xfire.

found a solution VistaSwitcher (http://www.ntwind.com/software/vistaswitcher.html), set the gamepad to use win+f12, since alt-tab doesn't properly bind, set the app switcher to not close. now if only j2k's could detect which app is on top i could rebind the buttons as needed once in there. i am btw using windows 8 and it works great even though they don't claim compatibility.

*does not play well with all games
(06-08-2014, 10:52 PM)Drossious Wrote: [ -> ]found a solution VistaSwitcher (http://www.ntwind.com/software/vistaswitcher.html), set the gamepad to use win+f12, since alt-tab doesn't properly bind, set the app switcher to not close. now if only j2k's could detect which app is on top i could rebind the buttons as needed once in there. i am btw using windows 8 and it works great even though they don't claim compatibility.

*does not play well with all games

Just got finished adding it in, as Version 10 is here (and update is live):
  • DS4Windows no longer crashes if no source games are installed (ie shinra's crash)
  • Auto profile has more ways to add programs, add origin games if installed, and start menu programs
  • You can also add by shortcuts (.lnk)
  • Auto Profiles now work by whatever is the foreground program
  • DS4Windows no longer checks for driver at start, will help speed up DS4's connection when starting up with windows.
  • Welcome to DS4Windows Window is now an option in the Settings Tab, will automatically show up if mine or DSDCS was never started before.
  • Touchpad scrolling reworked via electrobrains newest build
  • Idle Timeout has a checkbox, also small UI fixes

I haven't looked through all the new posts, but for one I like the foreground method as the in general method gave me a great headache, the foreground method took a simple google search, plus I fail to see when the in general case works out as most games stop accepting xinput when the program is out of focus.

Next I'll try to see if I can make macros with a tdelay between actions.
Ok, I know each of you will probably say that yours is better, but seeing as you are both on this forum, I will ask the question anyway. Which is the better version to get, Jays2kings' version, or Jhebbel's version?
Completely depends on what your looking for. Try them both and decide for yourself, the settings and profiles are inter swappable so you don't really have anything to lose.
I seem to lose blutooth connection during a game. Is that something that is rated to what version I am using?
(06-09-2014, 04:17 AM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]Completely depends on what your looking for. Try them both and decide for yourself, the settings and profiles are inter swappable so you don't really have anything to lose.

Exactly, both versions pretty much do the same things, but each do things some things differently. In the ned it's a matter of preference. Probably the biggest difference is my version is more like a portable program, where jheb's is a regularly installed program.
(06-09-2014, 04:40 AM)bkrieger Wrote: [ -> ]I seem to lose blutooth connection during a game. Is that something that is rated to what version I am using?

Is idle timeout on? If not, it could be a problem with the bluetooth itself. See while the tool's not running if it still disconnects on it's own, just leave it for a while or play a game that doesn't need 360 controller input (like some fighting games).
Ok, I'll have to try that later. It only disconnects during a game. If the PC is on, it does not disconnect.
(06-09-2014, 05:46 AM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]Exactly, both versions pretty much do the same things, but each do things some things differently. In the ned it's a matter of preference. Probably the biggest difference is my version is more like a portable program, where jheb's is a regularly installed program.

with respect neither are portable. they store the profiles on the local system. a portable app can be placed on a flash drive and still function the same way on different computers. so if i took my ps4 controller to my friends house i could pop in my flash drivers and my profiles would be preserved and provide the same functionality provided the same programs were present. a simple script in the program folder or a save path field in the settings can tell it where to save and find profiles, perhaps a better option would be to just check both. auto-switching would have to be changed so it could have a list of possible program paths to look in c:\games\gamename\ or c:\program files\electron arts\gamename\

also lately i seem to have a problem with j2k's build changing the size of the window on me as i switch tabs. its really annoying ans sometimes the new size crops out options so i am forced to manually resize the window to see whats going on.