..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Jays2Kings,
Hello! Your mod is wonderfull, but there are some flaws. In particular, if you swap the shifts (swap L1 and R1 with L2 and R2), they stop working diagonally. I hope you fix it, as for me it is important. Thank you for your attention and sorry for my bad english. Greetings from Russia.
(06-09-2014, 06:42 AM)Drossious Wrote: [ -> ]with respect neither are portable. they store the profiles on the local system. a portable app can be placed on a flash drive and still function the same way on different computers. so if i took my ps4 controller to my friends house i could pop in my flash drivers and my profiles would be preserved and provide the same functionality provided the same programs were present. a simple script in the program folder or a save path field in the settings can tell it where to save and find profiles, perhaps a better option would be to just check both. auto-switching would have to be changed so it could have a list of possible program paths to look in c:\games\gamename\ or c:\program files\electron arts\gamename\

also lately i seem to have a problem with j2k's build changing the size of the window on me as i switch tabs. its really annoying ans sometimes the new size crops out options so i am forced to manually resize the window to see whats going on.

Yeah I'm thinking of having an option to switch the location back to inside where DS4Windows is located, however it's a matter of saving that information in a global way (probably a registry key, but again that somewhat ruins portability).

Also for the second part, are you using a dpi of 120 or 125% text, because that is in need of fixing.

Also Polite Russian, I see what you mean, I'll look into what happened.
v10 is a fantastic release as usual, Jay2Kings. Laugh

I was wondering if you could look into something: When I assign the mouse functionality to the right stick (i.e., moving the mouse forward is up, moving the mouse back is down, etc.), the cursor doesn't quite move in a perfectly circular motion when the joystick is being pushed around; it acts almost as if the stick is a d-pad, and trying to move the mouse cursor in a circle kind of make it look like a square with rounded corners. In programs like Xpadder, however, the mouse cursor can be moved in a perfectly smooth 360 degrees, so I know it's possible to do it.

Is there a mouse setting in DS4Windows that I've missed, or is that just how it functions right now? It's not a huge deal, but I found it interesting.
****solution found*****
j2k, i noticed today an issue with auto-profiles and source. i tried to play the black mesa mod, and have an auto profile pointed to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Source SDK Base 2007\hl2.exe and while i can verify that auto-profiles is working it does not work with this application atm. only thing i have changed recently is added the launch options "-window -noborder" but i turned those off and verified it is not the cause. i'm guessing that hl2.exe is not reporting it is the foreground window the right way. i have verified through task manager that that is indeed the application that is running and not one of the other hl2.exe files on the system.

*so looking at the xml files i found steam games were listed as c:/.../...\...\ i just changed all the forwardslashes / to backslashes \

also would like to note that vista switcher is awseome, perfect guide/psbutton tool, you just have to run games in windowed mode or "fullscreen (windowed)" for the previews to work, way better than steam's overlay, its now easy to use the ps button to move from media player to game to browser.

and

(06-09-2014, 10:02 AM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]Also for the second part, are you using a dpi of 120 or 125% text, because that is in need of fixing.

no i am using the default text settings for my display depth.
(06-09-2014, 11:01 AM)Drossious Wrote: [ -> ]****solution found*****
j2k, i noticed today an issue with auto-profiles and source. i tried to play the black mesa mod, and have an auto profile pointed to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Source SDK Base 2007\hl2.exe and while i can verify that auto-profiles is working it does not work with this application atm. only thing i have changed recently is added the launch options "-window -noborder" but i turned those off and verified it is not the cause. i'm guessing that hl2.exe is not reporting it is the foreground window the right way. i have verified through task manager that that is indeed the application that is running and not one of the other hl2.exe files on the system.

*so looking at the xml files i found steam games were listed as c:/.../...\...\ i just changed all the forwardslashes / to backslashes \

also would like to note that vista switcher is awseome, perfect guide/psbutton tool, you just have to run games in windowed mode or "fullscreen (windowed)" for the previews to work, way better than steam's overlay, its now easy to use the ps button to move from media player to game to browser.

and

no i am using the default text settings for my display depth.

Not sure how you ended up with forward slashes, but I'll see if there's a better way to compare programs paths.

Also could you take screenshots of that cropping issue.
Jays2Kings is it possible that in the future the headphone jack will be able to work??
I did do some testing to see when my controller disconnects from my Windiws 8.1 PC when using bluetooth. When not playing a game, the controller stays connected. When playing a game, sometimes it will disconnect, and sometimes it disconnects, and reconnects immediately, by making the disconnect/reconnect sound. Is this related to the program, or is it a driver problem?
(06-10-2014, 12:37 AM)jaylex Wrote: [ -> ]Jays2Kings is it possible that in the future the headphone jack will be able to work??

Possible yes, but don't except it by me pretty much ever. I don't have the know how to add support for it. Support for that will probably come from someone else, just don't expect that anytime soon.

(06-10-2014, 02:26 AM)bkrieger Wrote: [ -> ]I did do some testing to see when my controller disconnects from my Windiws 8.1 PC when using bluetooth. When not playing a game, the controller stays connected. When playing a game, sometimes it will disconnect, and sometimes it disconnects, and reconnects immediately, by making the disconnect/reconnect sound. Is this related to the program, or is it a driver problem?

It could be either the program or the driver, I'm thinking it's how your bluetooth works, but honestly I'm not sure. Try out electrobrains and jheb's and see if you still have that issue.

Also here's Version 10.2 (update live):
  • Rest of DS4Windows has been upped to .NET 4.5 (If you have .net 4/already can run DS4Windows, this won't affect you), thanks to this update, you can now...
  • Add delay to macros from one millisecond to 60 seconds, macros with delays only run once until pressed again. Without delays, the macro can be repeated while held down.
  • Profiles and settings are now back inside the application folder to help portability. It will remain in appdata as previous versions if DS4Windows is in a admin folder, I may try to add a setting for location saving.
  • Import profile option will automatically go to the appdata profile folder, auto profiles and settings will automatically copy over.
  • Option to delete the appdata folder if not in use in the settings tab, this way it helps with cleanup.
  • Another fix for auto profiles startup bug
  • Better reading of autoprofile program path names
  • Now only one instance of DS4Windows is possible, if another DS4Tool or DS4Windows that is not this version is started, this DS4Windows comes back into focus.
  • UI fixes/changes

Unfortunately, I couldn't figure out what's wrong with the L1/L2 / R1/R2 swap, I'll keep looking into it, but for now, sorry Polite Russian.
"Profiles and settings are now back inside the application folder to help portability"

[Image: s5lo47.jpg]
Hi, I wasn't sure where to post this but I'm looking for some help if you don't mind. I've been using various versions of the wrappers since January, and I've always had the same problem. It works perfectly in wired mode, but over Bluetooth I have a lot of problems with input lag, or seemingly it getting stuck. Like A slight tap of up may have a slight delay, but then keep going up well after release. At some points it worked fine for 20-30 minutes before this occurs, other times its from the start. Restarting the controller sometimes helps. It may just be a fluke, but it seemed like indie 2d games had less problems. Oh and the touchpad mouse has no such issues.

Anyway, I figured it was my Bluetooth adapter since it was a pack in for cheap headphones and I think 2.1. So I bought an Asus 4.0 adapter hoping that would fix it. No such luck.

Anyone have experience with this? Any possible fix? An adapter people know to work best? In any case, I've played through multiple games with the wired mode so thanks to all involved.