..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(06-12-2014, 04:47 AM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]Here we are, Version 10.26 has the fix of crash when DS4Windows is in Program files on a drive that is not C. For the two of you, if you decide to auto update, manually run updater in admin mode, else it will crash trying to update, that issue is fixed to, you can also switch out the files in the zip below.

Thanks!
v10.26 puts the configs back in appdata instead of the same folder as the exe. 'Use DS4 to Map' is still broken.
(06-12-2014, 05:24 AM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]v10.26 puts the configs back in appdata instead of the same folder as the exe. 'Use DS4 to Map' is still broken.

Unless you always want to start the ds4windows in admin mode, It can't write to files in Program Files.

Also is the DS4 to map set to "1"? It's working fine for me.
Program Files folders on other drives besides the C drive are just normal folders customly created by the user (me). They aren't protected by windows like the real program files folder is on the C drive. I've been told to always install all programs on a separate drive so that when windows needs reinstalling, then reinstallation would be a sinch since you wouldn't have to mess with your programs at all (only registry keys from backup and program data/appdata folders). The XMLs were saving properly like they were supposed to in the exe's folder. I didn't have a problem with that. But I guess Nabbs had his in the real Program Files folder. But of course, you could let the user decide about the save area with a checkbox. But it's up to you. This part doesn't really bother me that much since you put the link for saves in the program. I just saw somebody not to long ago mention it again.

'Use a DS4 to Map' option can't be unchecked. That's what I meant by broken. It works, but I can't uncheck it. It'll always be checked even if you uncheck it and saved. Going out of the edit screen and back in reveals that it will still be checked.
(06-12-2014, 06:17 AM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]Program Files folders on other drives besides the C drive are just normal folders customly created by the user (me). They aren't protected by windows like the real program files folder is on the C drive. I've been told to always install all programs on a separate drive so that when windows needs reinstalling, then reinstallation would be a sinch since you wouldn't have to mess with your programs at all (only registry keys from backup and program data/appdata folders). The XMLs were saving properly like they were supposed to in the exe's folder. I didn't have a problem with that. But I guess Nabbs had his in the real Program Files folder. But of course, you could let the user decide about the save area with a checkbox. But it's up to you. This part doesn't really bother me that much since you put the link for saves in the program. I just saw somebody not to long ago mention it again.

'Use a DS4 to Map' option can't be unchecked. That's what I meant by broken. It works, but I can't uncheck it. It'll always be checked even if you uncheck it and saved. Going out of the edit screen and back in reveals that it will still be checked.

I see about the first part I'll try to revert it, however I need to know where nabs' installed DS4Windows so I can see where writing with UAC is needed.

Also Using a DS4 to Map isn't a saved setting, it always starts off ticked.

Also nabs, I made the touchpad movement hotkey to click b/c originally PS + a touchpad swipe was for changing the profiles, however since in the end I never used that combo, I forgot to change it back, it will return to just the tap in the next build.
(06-12-2014, 07:00 AM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]I see about the first part I'll try to revert it, however I need to know where nabs' installed DS4Windows so I can see where writing with UAC is needed.

Also Using a DS4 to Map isn't a saved setting, it always starts off ticked.

Also nabs, I made the touchpad movement hotkey to click b/c originally PS + a touchpad swipe was for changing the profiles, however since in the end I never used that combo, I forgot to change it back, it will return to just the tap in the next build.

Hey, J2K, it seems that I'm still running into the same issue as before. I even switched it from my D:\PC folder to just C:\ and it's still popping up. I don't know what it could be. I'll go and experiment and see if I can figure it out.

Thanks for helping out.
(06-12-2014, 02:24 PM)Nabs Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, J2K, it seems that I'm still running into the same issue as before. I even switched it from my D:\PC folder to just C:\ and it's still popping up. I don't know what it could be. I'll go and experiment and see if I can figure it out.

Thanks for helping out.

The issue is with newer OSs pretty much any folder in the system root drive or drives assigned by the OS for OS use except those in the users personal folder and the AppData folder is locked by UAC. This includes system root, OS, Program files and many more, it really limits the number of places you can put such data.
(06-12-2014, 02:42 PM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]The issue is with newer OSs pretty much any folder in the system root drive or drives assigned by the OS for OS use except those in the users personal folder and the AppData folder is locked by UAC. This includes system root, OS, Program files and many more, it really limits the number of places you can put such data.

I see, thank you. I clicked on import and deleted the folder in AppData/Roaming and everything seems back to normal now.
(06-12-2014, 07:00 AM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]Also Using a DS4 to Map isn't a saved setting, it always starts off ticked.

So are you saying that it is not supposed to be unticked? If that is the case, how come it is an option? I could have sworn it could be unticked when you first created it.

(06-12-2014, 02:42 PM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]The issue is with newer OSs pretty much any folder in the system root drive or drives assigned by the OS for OS use except those in the users personal folder and the AppData folder is locked by UAC. This includes system root, OS, Program files and many more, it really limits the number of places you can put such data.

(06-12-2014, 02:24 PM)Nabs Wrote: [ -> ]I even switched it from my D:\PC folder

D:\PC isn't a location protected by the OS. It is a custom made folder. If it isn't on the C drive, it isn't protected. He said he had it on the D drive at first.

PS: Damn, ya'll up early xD
(06-12-2014, 04:28 PM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]So are you saying that it is not supposed to be unticked? If that is the case, how come it is an option? I could have sworn it could be unticked when you first created it.

D:\PC isn't a location protected by the OS. It is a custom made folder. If it isn't on the C drive, it isn't protected. He said he had it on the D drive at first.
As long as its a user folder and does not reside in a nested system folder then it should be ok, but UAC protected folders can reside on any drive so depending on his setup even if the OS is installed to C: the D:\PC could still completely be a UAC protected folder.