..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For me, profiles aren't working. When I create a new one, it opens up a blank page. Suggestions?
(06-12-2014, 02:24 PM)Nabs Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, J2K, it seems that I'm still running into the same issue as before. I even switched it from my D:\PC folder to just C:\ and it's still popping up. I don't know what it could be. I'll go and experiment and see if I can figure it out.

Thanks for helping out.

I'm working a a better check to see where is writable and where isn't, give me a few and I'll have it out soon.
It can be unticked for the one session of
(06-12-2014, 04:28 PM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]So are you saying that it is not supposed to be unticked? If that is the case, how come it is an option? I could have sworn it could be unticked when you first created it.

It can be unticked but only for the session. The setting of it's checkstate isn't saved through settings.

(06-12-2014, 06:08 PM)parasemic Wrote: [ -> ]For me, profiles aren't working. When I create a new one, it opens up a blank page. Suggestions?

Could you take a screenshot of what you mean by a blank page? Does it not look like this:
[Image: 1iGv4Ll.png]
If not, could you tell me where you put DS4Windows on your computer?
Version 10.3:
  • First time runs of DS4Windows ask where you want to save settings, Will automatically pick the settings location based one the two location profiles.xml is in (App folder or Appdata). If settings are in both, it will ask you to pick where you want to save, and attempt to delete the other settings. If settings are in the app folder and needs UAC to write, There is an option to copy over the files to appdata.
  • Disable touchpad mouse movement again by holding PS and touching the touchpad (instead of clicking)
In short there's now an option to choose where to save settings. If you're settings are in the program folder, it's already portable for you, if it's appdata, you can just put the two exe's anywhere on your PC without worry of needing UAC.

EDIT: The version number wasn't updated, causing an update loop, it's now fixed.
Tested both saving ways. Works good on my end.
(06-12-2014, 07:26 PM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]Could you take a screenshot of what you mean by a blank page? Does it not look like this:
[Image: 1iGv4Ll.png]
If not, could you tell me where you put DS4Windows on your computer?

[Image: FtkED.jpg]

However, my software has a different layout, but updating tells me it's the latest version. I installed it on a custom folder on E: drive, which is other than my Windows installation drive. This has caused issues with other software before.
(06-12-2014, 06:08 PM)parasemic Wrote: [ -> ]For me, profiles aren't working. When I create a new one, it opens up a blank page. Suggestions?

(06-12-2014, 09:34 PM)parasemic Wrote: [ -> ][Image: FtkED.jpg]

However, my software has a different layout, but updating tells me it's the latest version. I installed it on a custom folder on E: drive, which is other than my Windows installation drive. This has caused issues with other software before.

wrong thread lol, thats my version of the app, the link to my thread is in my sig but ill look into it, are you provided with any errors? I can faintly see in the BG that there is another version of the tool running, trying to mix match tools can cause problems, not sure this is one of them but may cause issues nonetheless.
(06-12-2014, 09:38 PM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]wrong thread lol, thats my version of the app, the link to my thread is in my sig but ill look into it, are you provided with any errors? I can faintly see in the BG that there is another version of the tool running, trying to mix match tools can cause problems, not sure this is one of them but may cause issues nonetheless.

Haha, whops. Too many threads and I got confused Tongue2 Actually I took the screencap on top of the thread with the picture. I do have other drivers running too, but I installed them because I couldn't change the led colour with this one because of the bug.
(06-12-2014, 08:45 PM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]Version 10.3:
  • First time runs of DS4Windows ask where you want to save settings, Will automatically pick the settings location based one the two location profiles.xml is in (App folder or Appdata). If settings are in both, it will ask you to pick where you want to save, and attempt to delete the other settings. If settings are in the app folder and needs UAC to write, There is an option to copy over the files to appdata.
  • Disable touchpad mouse movement again by holding PS and touching the touchpad (instead of clicking)
In short there's now an option to choose where to save settings. If you're settings are in the program folder, it's already portable for you, if it's appdata, you can just put the two exe's anywhere on your PC without worry of needing UAC.

EDIT: The version number wasn't updated, causing an update loop, it's now fixed.

This update is much appreciated, thank you.
1. Okay, so I restarted my computer today and the welcome screen pops up even though I have already established which save method to use. So I x it out. Then the save method box pops up with 'in exe folder' greyed out and only appdata button available.

Starting the program manually, everything works fine in this regard. But having it start with windows causes the above to happen. This happens on admin account AND non-admin account. Turning it off in the program but putting a shortcut in the startup folder ~ issue doesn't happen.

2. I also get this when minimizing sometimes:

Code:
Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    CLR20r3
  Problem Signature 01:    ds4windows.exe
  Problem Signature 02:    1.3.0.0
  Problem Signature 03:    5399f69d
  Problem Signature 04:    System.Windows.Forms
  Problem Signature 05:    4.0.30319.18408
  Problem Signature 06:    52311103
  Problem Signature 07:    56af
  Problem Signature 08:    2
  Problem Signature 09:    System.StackOverflowException
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID:    1033
  Additional Information 1:    8fc3
  Additional Information 2:    8fc3860c7678955418cf171ccbf13f2c
  Additional Information 3:    6194
  Additional Information 4:    619420ec961b35038ee0ed7df8c81ca9

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

I can't seem to reproduce it on the fly and the controller doesn't have to be activated. I've been trying to get it to show for 10 minutes now and I can't seem to get it to happen when I want it to. Everything seems like it is saving properly. So I don't know what's going on here. I did notice that it always has to do with saving and then minimizing right afterward. But it doesn't always crash.

3. Q key on keyboard screen is always highlighted.
(06-13-2014, 06:05 PM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]1. Okay, so I restarted my computer today and the welcome screen pops up even though I have already established which save method to use. So I x it out. Then the save method box pops up with 'in exe folder' greyed out and only appdata button available.

Starting the program manually, everything works fine in this regard. But having it start with windows causes the above to happen. This happens on admin account AND non-admin account. Turning it off in the program but putting a shortcut in the startup folder ~ issue doesn't happen.

2. I also get this when minimizing sometimes:

Code:
Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    CLR20r3
  Problem Signature 01:    ds4windows.exe
  Problem Signature 02:    1.3.0.0
  Problem Signature 03:    5399f69d
  Problem Signature 04:    System.Windows.Forms
  Problem Signature 05:    4.0.30319.18408
  Problem Signature 06:    52311103
  Problem Signature 07:    56af
  Problem Signature 08:    2
  Problem Signature 09:    System.StackOverflowException
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID:    1033
  Additional Information 1:    8fc3
  Additional Information 2:    8fc3860c7678955418cf171ccbf13f2c
  Additional Information 3:    6194
  Additional Information 4:    619420ec961b35038ee0ed7df8c81ca9

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

I can't seem to reproduce it on the fly and the controller doesn't have to be activated. I've been trying to get it to show for 10 minutes now and I can't seem to get it to happen when I want it to. Everything seems like it is saving properly. So I don't know what's going on here. I did notice that it always has to do with saving and then minimizing right afterward. But it doesn't always crash.

3. Q key on keyboard screen is always highlighted.

As for the first part I noticed it too, I'm looking into a fix for it for it now.

For 2, I'm still not sure what that error is, since it's not a regular .net error. I'll see if I can find anything on it.

For 3, I never could figure out why q was highlighted, but pressing keys still work fine anyway.