..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Version 10.35 (Update live)
  • Fix at Windows startup showing Welcome window
  • Startup now uses a shortcut in the start menu startup folder instead of registry. Registry key now removed
  • Fix duplicates of programs showing up when batch adding programs
  • Clicking the X button in the main windows will close profile settings instead of the whole program if profile settings are open. Otherwise the program shuts down regularly
  • UI Fixes
1. The startup issue is fixed, however, it displays the program's box as a white box (at startup) for a few seconds before it minimizes.

2. I've identified how to induce the stackoverflow error. You have to have the folder that the exe is in open and visible. Then you must press open on the notification icon to bring up the ds4 program. Go to profiles and press edit on your profile that you're currently on. Press save profile next (you do not have to change anything). Then minimize the ds4 program. Right afterwards, close out the exe's folder with x at the top corner of the folder. Error appears 100%. Happens on admin account as well.
(06-13-2014, 10:25 PM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]1. The startup issue is fixed, however, it displays the program's box as a white box (at startup) for a few seconds before it minimizes.

2. I've identified how to induce the stackoverflow error. You have to have the folder that the exe is in open and visible. Then you must press open on the notification icon to bring up the ds4 program. Go to profiles and press edit on your profile that you're currently on. Press save profile next (you do not have to change anything). Then minimize the ds4 program. Right afterwards, close out the exe's folder with x at the top corner of the folder. Error appears 100%. Happens on admin account as well.

It doesn't crash for me, however it does quit out for some reason, I'll look into that. And I know what happens with part 1.
Version 10.36: Faster startup and fix for shinra's crash

EDIT: the white box issue is still there, give me a minute to fix it.
Version 10.361 has the startup done right

EDIT x2: The updater was broken and is fixed now, you cannot auto-update if you downloaded version 10.35-10.36, sorry but you'll need to manually update for this one.

You can also auto-update however by deleting DS4Updater.exe, as it will redownload upon the update.
K, the white box is gone at start up. Unfortunately, the startup option turns itself off after the 2nd windows startup. It works the first time though. But if you restart again, it never autostarts again and the option becomes unchecked. User would then have to recheck the option again manually then rinse and repeat.

The minimize/exit exe folder crash seems to be fixed.
(06-13-2014, 11:17 PM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]Version 10.36: Faster startup and fix for shinra's crash

EDIT: the white box issue is still there, give me a minute to fix it.
Version 10.361 has the startup done right

EDIT x2: The updater was broken and is fixed now, you cannot auto-update if you downloaded version 10.35-10.36, sorry but you'll need to manually update for this one.

You can also auto-update however by deleting DS4Updater.exe, as it will redownload upon the update.

just loaded up on a fresh install of windows, got the latest version and have a few bugs withe jays2kings' version. first auto-profiles fail to load and function if a profile points to a program thats not there, requires an edit of the .xml. second the mouse is insanely difficult to control with a sensitivity of even a 1 (didn't this get fixed already?).
Hey guys, I'm using my Dualshock 4 Controller on the PC using the DS4tool. Now, the games just work fine with it but when I put steam in big picture mode, and go to the library -> installed games, the menu just bugs out. Seems like there is a permanent button press up, down, left or right, cant make it out to be honest. So my question is if anyone knows how to fix this. Would be very appreciated from you guys.
(06-14-2014, 05:03 PM)Kanden95 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys, I'm using my Dualshock 4 Controller on the PC using the DS4tool. Now, the games just work fine with it but when I put steam in big picture mode, and go to the library -> installed games, the menu just bugs out. Seems like there is a permanent button press up, down, left or right, cant make it out to be honest. So my question is if anyone knows how to fix this. Would be very appreciated from you guys.

have you tried enabling the Hide DS4 option yet?
Yes I did, still the same with hide checked and not checked.
(06-14-2014, 05:01 AM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]K, the white box is gone at start up. Unfortunately, the startup option turns itself off after the 2nd windows startup. It works the first time though. But if you restart again, it never autostarts again and the option becomes unchecked. User would then have to recheck the option again manually then rinse and repeat.

The minimize/exit exe folder crash seems to be fixed.

I'll check to see why that is, I'll probably just go back to registry keys.
(06-14-2014, 04:23 PM)Drossious Wrote: [ -> ]just loaded up on a fresh install of windows, got the latest version and have a few bugs withe jays2kings' version. first auto-profiles fail to load and function if a profile points to a program thats not there, requires an edit of the .xml. second the mouse is insanely difficult to control with a sensitivity of even a 1 (didn't this get fixed already?).

It doesn't seem insanely difficult as you say, but I'll keep editing how it works until it seems better.
(06-14-2014, 05:03 PM)Kanden95 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys, I'm using my Dualshock 4 Controller on the PC using the DS4tool. Now, the games just work fine with it but when I put steam in big picture mode, and go to the library -> installed games, the menu just bugs out. Seems like there is a permanent button press up, down, left or right, cant make it out to be honest. So my question is if anyone knows how to fix this. Would be very appreciated from you guys.

I can't seem to get that to happen either, is it only that filtered tab? because steam big pic could have bugged out, maybe another update for steam would fix that?