..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(04-01-2014, 02:06 AM)raptor1138 Wrote: [ -> ]Yo electro can you keep a link to the latest version in your signature like InhexSTER does? It would make it easier to find.

Also, I wanna say that my favorite version has always been the version that's getting stuff done. It used to be hepticseptic, but since the merge and then split, your version is my main. InhexSTER's is moving reeaally slowly compared to how it used to be.

That's a good idea, although the latest version is always a click away from the OP. I can't stand moving at a slow development pace; momentum counts for so much in a living project.
The new beta is fantastic, and I love the mapping screen now.

I've been having an issue, though: Whenever I have the program already started (i.e., starting with the PC), the controller often doesn't get recognized. I have to turn the controller on before I start the program, and THEN it works. Even if I do the PS button+Options to turn the controller off and immediately turn it back on, the controller is no longer recognized until I turn it off, quit the program, connect the controller, and then start the program again, in that order.

This occasionally happens with InhexSTER's 1.3 RC4, as well, but never with RC3. That's why I haven't upgraded yet.
Having some weird hot plugging issues. First connecting the controller while steam is running results in no xinput and no light bar light at all. DS4tool is blank. Stopping and starting while steam is running: it appears in DS4tool and I get the light bar, but no xinput. Stopping and starting after quitting steam, or restarting steam after, it works normally. disconnecting and then reconnecting the controller after it's been working normally while steam is running returns me to the beginning. This was all working perfectly before. I'd turn on the controller, disconnect and reconnect it as I pleased, all withought quitting steam, and it would just work.
(04-02-2014, 12:46 AM)raptor1138 Wrote: [ -> ]Having some weird hot plugging issues. First connecting the controller while steam is running results in no xinput and no light bar light at all. DS4tool is blank. Stopping and starting while steam is running: it appears in DS4tool and I get the light bar, but no xinput. Stopping and starting after quitting steam, or restarting steam after, it works normally. disconnecting and then reconnecting the controller after it's been working normally while steam is running returns me to the beginning. This was all working perfectly before. I'd turn on the controller, disconnect and reconnect it as I pleased, all withought quitting steam, and it would just work.

Okay, did it work fine in Alpha 2? I need to validate the merge some more.
(04-02-2014, 01:07 AM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, did it work fine in Alpha 2? I need to validate the merge some more.

The issue appears with most older versions as well, even ones that previously worked for me. I reinstalled SCPDriver and everything.
Oh, didn't even see this thread. Is this version supposed to be superior to the other?
(04-02-2014, 04:29 AM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, didn't even see this thread. Is this version supposed to be superior to the other?

There is a full change-log on the first post; I've spent a lot of time on touchpad support and I feel like it works vastly better. It also has a brand new options dialog and controls mapping GUI.
Well, looks like there's no plan for "idle timeout" function. It's the only reason for me to switch back to Inhexster's version.
(04-02-2014, 02:04 PM)itakumre Wrote: [ -> ]Well, looks like there's no plan for "idle timeout" function. It's the only reason for me to switch back to Inhexster's version.

I would consider adding something similar, but it would NEVER be something forced on you or enabled by default. What does it give you, exactly? I would rather just save the half hour or whatever of battery life entirely and push "PS+Options" to shut it off explicitly. Bear in mind the batteries last for something like twelve hours with the light bar shut off.
(04-02-2014, 03:43 PM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]I would consider adding something similar, but it would NEVER be something forced on you or enabled by default. What does it give you, exactly? I would rather just save the half hour or whatever of battery life entirely and push "PS+Options" to shut it off explicitly. Bear in mind the batteries last for something like twelve hours with the light bar shut off.

Every game console with wireless controllers have this function for a reason. X360 gamepad on PC also have it. Over the years I am used to this, like many others gamers and now I'd like to not be forced to remember about switching off DS4. I have already drained battery because of lack of this "auto off" feature.

Your tool is better in almost all aspects at this point so it is shame for me to go back to inhexster's version.