..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(06-22-2014, 03:52 PM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]hmm, does it seem to behave normally as a normal DS4 controller in games that support DS4 controllers? if so then Id look to see if there are any sensitivity or deadzone options in J2Ks tool, i'm unfamiliar with his newer releases so Im not sure where or if they exist. If both are no then it sounds more like a hardware issue, POT failing or something.

okay, assuming the problem to be hardware related i opened the controller and stuffed some electrical tape into the trigger. the extra pressure hits the button better, and... problem solved... more or less... now itd down to fine tuning the amount of tape
(06-22-2014, 07:50 PM)DirtyShady Wrote: [ -> ]It's possible to use DS4Windows/DS4 and Xbox one gamepad (with official Microsoft driver) simulanously ?

To have two gamepads ?

Yeah there shouldn't be a problem. A DS4, a DS3, an Xbox 360 and and Xbox One should all work fine with the right drivers on the same PC.

And glad you got your problem fixed, it started to sound like an hardware issue, but wasn't sure.
(06-22-2014, 10:50 PM)Drossious Wrote: [ -> ]okay, assuming the problem to be hardware related i opened the controller and stuffed some electrical tape into the trigger. the extra pressure hits the button better, and... problem solved... more or less... now itd down to fine tuning the amount of tape

Thats a bummer, still under warranty?
I have concluded there is a driver problem somewhere causing the controller to disconnect when using bluetooth. I'll be in a game, and it will be working fine, and then it goes crazy and starts constantly making the hardware disconnect noise, and the controller does not function.
Can we finally get a fix for this?
I'm using Windows 8.1.
(06-23-2014, 12:28 AM)bkrieger Wrote: [ -> ]I have concluded there is a driver problem somewhere causing the controller to disconnect when using bluetooth. I'll be in a game, and it will be working fine, and then it goes crazy and starts constantly making the hardware disconnect noise, and the controller does not function.
Can we finally get a fix for this?
I'm using Windows 8.1.

Many issues can cause instable BT connections. If your able to get a connection to begin with, its likely not the software. DS4s require a pretty stable BT connection and use a decent amount of bandwidth, any interference by other devices on the 2.4Ghz spectrum can easily cause enough bad packets to force windows to drop the device, also factors like power management settings can also have an effect, couple all this with the fact that BT is known to not work 100% with all BT adapters and you have yourself a nice list of issues that could be causing the dropoffs. Start by determining if it is the x360 device thats dropping off or if it is the DS4 dropping of, if its the DS4 dropping off then the issue obviously has nothing to do with the software as the software only accesses the device, it does not manage its connection.
What do you mean by determining if it's in the x360 device? The only controller I am using is the DS4.
(06-23-2014, 02:47 AM)bkrieger Wrote: [ -> ]What do you mean by determining if it's in the x360 device? The only controller I am using is the DS4.

Right, but this tool adds a virtual 360 controller to your pcs devices.
So how do I check if that is the problem?
(06-23-2014, 03:03 AM)bkrieger Wrote: [ -> ]So how do I check if that is the problem?

When you go to Control Panel then printer and devices, when it stops working check if "Wireless Controller" is connected by clicking it once and seeing if you see "Status: Not connected," If you see this, then it means there's probably too much interference as jheb said. If you don't see Status: Not connected (which means the DS4/Wireless Controller is still connected) but don't see an Xbox 360 Controller in that window, then it might be a software issue.

In shorter method is if the ds4 fully disconnects and you have to hit PS to connect it back then it's likely a hardware issue or issue with a lot of 2.4Ghz interference.

Also I figured out how to get Sixaxis tilt mapping working, Assigning it to buttons, triggers, analog sticks, mouse, and even macros are working. Just tested it with Sonic Racing Transformed (which my cousins loved playing that with a DualShock 3 mapped to Sixaxis tilting), it's working quite well. I need to do some more tweaking and testing with it and I should have a build out by tomorrow.
I'm sticking with the electrobrains vanilla builds, and so I'm on the latest release on June 5th. I'd like to report an issue with the button mapping editor.

1) First off, there needs to be a way to exit the editor and just enable the settings you have without having to save it as a file every time. That gets majorly annoying when I'm just trying to make minor tweaks and hone in on a perfect setup.

2) If I load a saved profile, the actual button mappings don't display as changed until I exit the button mapping window and reload it. Example: bind Escape to the Guide button. Save Profile and enable. Exit window. Re-open window and load up the Default profile that has Guide button function as Guide. If you click the Guide button after loading the Default profile, it will still show it being binded to Escape with Repeat/Scan Codes still active until you exit the window and re-open it. Also very frustrating.