..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(06-26-2014, 06:24 PM)Captain Cheescake Wrote: [ -> ]the tool does not detect my controller

Please don't quote the original post, there's no use to doing that when the entire topic is about that. Did you install the virtual bus driver first?

Anyway for those on my build, Version 10.65 is out
  • Sixaxis Deadzones can be reconfigured: 0.25+ recommended to lay down the controller without movement
  • Mouse Acceleration option, as requested
  • Rumble settings now more simple
  • Better detection of where profiles and settings are stored, if you use jheb's tool and this as a portable one, it better detects which settings are which.
  • Smaller filesize for profiles.
  • Reorder of tabs
  • DS4Updater: Support for other localizations where decimals use "," instead of "."
  • Bug fixes: for when DS4Windows is still running while updating, when there is no internet connection/update doesn't exist, when profiles.xml doesn't exist.

(06-26-2014, 07:42 PM)wilflare Wrote: [ -> ]hmm how should we install or uninstall this?
i realised I opened the file on my D drive :/

Well there's two choices now, in my previous post, take the ds4updater.exe and replace it where the old one was in where you placed ds4windows.
Or second option download the new version below and put it where you want, even where you currently have DS4Windows.
thanks a few more questions

- how do we prevent Steam from opening BPM when pressing the PS Button
- how do we map the DS4 to take screenshots or PTT with the touchpad - I have to set a profile for Steam?
(06-26-2014, 08:01 PM)wilflare Wrote: [ -> ]thanks a few more questions

- how do we map the DS4 to take screenshots or PTT with the touchpad - I have to set a profile for Steam?

First part: You simply can't. Steam has no option to turn that off sadly. if you're disconnecting the DS4 via holding the PS button, while the tool is running you can just press ps and options.
Second part: While in big picture mode, hold PS and push down R2. If not in that, You can map a button to whatever is set for steam screenshots (default F12), likewise with PTT, whatever key you set that too, it needs to be mapped to that. You can only change mappings in a profile, without one, the DS4 just works as a regular 360 controller.
(06-26-2014, 08:01 PM)wilflare Wrote: [ -> ]thanks a few more questions

for #1 in the controller mapping, set the ps button to unbound
thanks for the replies guys! Laugh

with games like Shovel Knight and Transistor out (that natively support the DS4)
is there a chance that the option to "Hide DS4" becomes a profile option?

Laugh thanks for the hardwork! this is a godsend!
can you map the PS button to a key press? that would solve it.
Just for anybody wondering, sixaxis x = 0.5, z = 0.8 is ideal for normal playing posturing and laying the controller flat. Nice interactive racing game setup up if you map dpad or stick to it too.
(06-27-2014, 02:24 AM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]for #1 in the controller mapping, set the ps button to unbound

Yeah this works too, but I didn't mention that because in big picture you can't call steam overlay up in game (unless you map the ps button in the native controller mapping in Steam's Big picture mode and hide ds4 is unchecked). You use a macro of shift + tab (record the delay or steam won't catch it) to get the overlay up without starting up big pic mode.
(06-27-2014, 03:23 AM)wilflare Wrote: [ -> ]thanks for the replies guys! Laugh

with games like Shovel Knight and Transistor out (that natively support the DS4)
is there a chance that the option to "Hide DS4" becomes a profile option?

Laugh thanks for the hardwork! this is a godsend!

I can look into it, but I doubt it. At best I can add an option to turn on or off hide ds4 for auto profiles, but that's about it.
And once again updating to 10.65 has deleted DS4Windows.exe... The updater you posted was the same one I already had.
(06-27-2014, 05:47 AM)NXE Wrote: [ -> ]And once again updating to 10.65 has deleted DS4Windows.exe... The updater you posted was the same one I already had.

I tried the one I linked, and ran in it an elevated folder (program files), and it replaced fine. Could you tell me where you run DS4Windows and the updater from, I really thought I put this issue to bed?

EDIT: If the updater never worked for you, you might need to download .NET 4.5 or higher.