..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(06-26-2014, 07:49 PM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]Please don't quote the original post, there's no use to doing that when the entire topic is about that. Did you install the virtual bus driver first?
I am sorry about that i am new here. i did install the virtual bus driver.
I just updated the tool to the version you uploaded and i reinstalled the bus driver and the tool still does not detect my controller.
I have the latest 360 driver installed.
(06-27-2014, 10:23 AM)Captain Cheescake Wrote: [ -> ]I am sorry about that i am new here. i did install the virtual bus driver.
I just updated the tool to the version you uploaded and i reinstalled the bus driver and the tool still does not detect my controller.
I have the latest 360 driver installed.

quick checklist:
you are plugging in the controller with the USB?
the light bar lights up?
windows finds a generic "Wireless Controller"?
checked the log page of the ds4tool (or DS4Windows)?
clicked stop then start and rechecked the log page?
(06-26-2014, 07:42 PM)wilflare Wrote: [ -> ]hmm how should we install or uninstall this?
i realised I opened the file on my D drive :/

the program should be able to live wherever you put it. i put mine on my c:\games.
(06-27-2014, 03:23 AM)wilflare Wrote: [ -> ]thanks for the replies guys! Laugh

with games like Shovel Knight and Transistor out (that natively support the DS4)
is there a chance that the option to "Hide DS4" becomes a profile option?

Laugh thanks for the hardwork! this is a godsend!

I've wanted to do this but the issue is that this as far as coding, weather or not we want to connect to a controller in exclusive mode is something the application needs to know before its first connection, so this value is needed before we load a profile or even know what the devices MAC address is. This could be done afterwards by then closing and reopening the device a second time but this could lead to devices getting dropped by games that do not support hot plugging and numerous other issues that could arise from rapidly connecting and disconnecting a controller multiple times.
(06-27-2014, 04:56 PM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]I've wanted to do this but the issue is that this as far as coding, weather or not we want to connect to a controller in exclusive mode is something the application needs to know before its first connection, so this value is needed before we load a profile or even know what the devices MAC address is. This could be done afterwards by then closing and reopening the device a second time but this could lead to devices getting dropped by games that do not support hot plugging and numerous other issues that could arise from rapidly connecting and disconnecting a controller multiple times.

so on the hotplugging issue, would it be desirable to map an empty controller to the xbox controller so that it is always there? then when you add the playstation controller it gets mapped? this could solve the hotplugging issue, and allow the controller to be connected after a game has started. personally, i hate having to alt-f4 just to plug in the controller.
(06-28-2014, 03:00 PM)Drossious Wrote: [ -> ]so on the hotplugging issue, would it be desirable to map an empty controller to the xbox controller so that it is always there? then when you add the playstation controller it gets mapped? this could solve the hotplugging issue, and allow the controller to be connected after a game has started. personally, i hate having to alt-f4 just to plug in the controller.

The app fully supports hot-plugging and you can already do that, its just not all games do, and that has nothing to do with us.
@#Dross: hotplugging issues are the game's problems. Not this program's problem. You can already edit your profile without the controller. It doesn't have anything to do with if a game has partial controller support.

edit: oops, sorry jheb. you posted before I could xD
i win
(06-27-2014, 02:55 PM)Drossious Wrote: [ -> ]quick checklist:
you are plugging in the controller with the USB?
the light bar lights up?
windows finds a generic "Wireless Controller"?
checked the log page of the ds4tool (or DS4Windows)?
clicked stop then start and rechecked the log page?

yes
yes it is orange
yes
yes
yes
(06-28-2014, 03:07 PM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]The app fully supports hot-plugging and you can already do that, its just not all games do, and that has nothing to do with us.

i guess my question was not understood, or maybe i don't understand something. so i'll walk through this again, this time without conjuring up words like hot-plugging, because apparently i don't know what that means.

so i go to play assassin's creed, lets say AC2, but i have the ds4tool running, it has an icon in the taskbar, so i know its good. i start the game and pick up the controller and oh no! its not on. i turn it on. but too late the game has already started and did not find the controller, and starting the controller, while it does put it in the right profile for the game, the game itself still wont find the controller until i restart the game, and this particular title will further punish me for not having the controller in last start by forcing me to use the keyboard to go into the settings so i can change the controller.

now what im asking is if i have the ds4tool running, why can't i have a option to have the xbox controller always on, and when the system finds the playstation controller the ds4tool could then simply map it to the xbox copntroller? lets review the above scenario again in that circumstance.

so i go to play assassin's creed, lets say AC2, but i have the ds4tool running, it has an icon in the taskbar, so i know its good. i start the game and pick up the controller and oh no! its not on. i turn it on. i navigate the game normally with the controller, even though the controller was started after the game.

is that understandable? not hot-plugging? what is it then cold-plugging? whatever the term, in this scenario (i'll quote my previous post) "would it be desirable to map an empty controller to the xbox controller so that it is always there?"