..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: pcsx2-r5875.exe has stopped working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I recently downloaded the PCSX2 emulator, pcsx2-r5875.exe, onto my computer that uses Windows 8. I downloaded all the bios and plugins, and made sure they were in the correct folders and such, but whenever I try to load a game, whenever it's trying to open the plugins, it comes up with an error. It reads:

pcsx2-r5875 has stopped working
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

I used a tutorial to get it working and followed the video exactly the way the person installed the emulator (including using the same plugins/bios), and it worked for them. Really, what I'm asking is, what's the problem with my emulator?

Processor: AMD E1-1500 APU with Radeon™ HD Graphics 1.48 GHz
System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

I'm also using Direct3D10 (Hardware) for graphics, DSound for audio, and no speedhacks/hacks of any kind.
have u installed vc redistribution package(2013) x64 from microsoft official site?
This thing. http://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/...x?id=40784
choose the vcredist_x64 in the downloads.
download and install it and pcsx2 will work.
I was having the same problem, I fixed it by clicking System then Run Elf. I then selected the Elf file from the PS2 DVD (it was a real disk in my drive, not an ISO)
Delete the "Lang" folder that is located on the PCSX2 folder
and then it will ask you to rebuild the settings .
(03-15-2014, 07:25 PM)mi2k3 Wrote: [ -> ]...I downloaded all the bios...

Our forum does not tolerate any kind of warez talk / discussion / links and no support will be given as such.
Read our rules,specifically rule #1. Thread closed.