..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Upgrading soon, will I be able to....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i5-4670k @ 4.5Ghz (MSI Z87-G45 mobo, EVO 212 cooler)
Radeon r9 280x 3Gb Toxic OC
8gb ram 1866Mhz

Got some new hardware being shipped in this week and I wanted to get an approximation of what kind of performance I should expect on average when running the more demanding games (preferably with as little speedhacks as possible, or just without mVU Flag) using the following configuration:

6x Native
PCSX2Fx Shader
16x AF
You will get slowdowns with that much load on your gpu. It will look fine at 3x native ith the fx shader and 4x msaa and 4x AF.
Are you sure? My old (now broken) GTX670 ran most games at 6x native pretty well, slowdowns happened but not too many.
Do you actually see a difference between 6x and 5x?
Say I am setting your emulator and would only select between 6x and 5x... could you tell me which settings I used?
I would just stick with your 670. Not worth the extra money
There is only a VERY mild super sampling affect once you set internal above your monitors resolution. And there is no difference if you are using MSAA.

Possibly if you have a 4k monitor then 6x is useful.
(03-19-2014, 12:34 AM)willkuer Wrote: [ -> ]Do you actually see a difference between 6x and 5x?
Say I am setting your emulator and would only select between 6x and 5x... could you tell me which settings I used?

As Blyss said once the internal res hits your monitors res you'll get a nice super sampling with diminishing returns. I can't give a pcsx2 example but on Dolphin (using 5/6x IR patch) the Wind Waker gives a [barely]noticeable effect on distant polygons at 1440p. It depends on the game.

(03-19-2014, 12:35 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: [ -> ]I would just stick with your 670. Not worth the extra money

My 670's vram is jacked. The 280x was relatively cheap here compared to the states. I think because of mining being so popular there.

(03-19-2014, 12:37 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: [ -> ]There is only a VERY mild super sampling affect once you set internal above your monitors resolution. And there is no difference if you are using MSAA.

Possibly if you have a 4k monitor then 6x is useful.

Then I'll remove MSAA from the list. What performance should I expect?
Pretty good performance. If you are getting it cheaper oustide of the states then good for you. Mining is jacking up the prices like crazy over here.
It's a shame, the 280x is a pretty solid card for the [non-inflated]price, cheaper than the 670 a year ago.

Quote:Pretty good performance.
Sweet Laugh
OVer here in the states the gtx 770 is cheper than the 280x
Pages: 1 2