..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Haunting ground software issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone.

Having this trouble in software mode in the begin of the game
image look like this
[attachment=49812]

gs plugin gsdx 5875 msvc 18.00, SSSE3 0.1.16

so what can be reason of this? please answer.
Hi,first,i need the specs of your pc,and this game,run from DVD or Iso? Btw,you tried hardware mode? (DX or Opengl)
(04-04-2014, 07:58 PM)axlffx2forever Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,first,i need the specs of your pc,and this game,run from DVD or Iso? Btw,you tried hardware mode? (DX or Opengl)

i5-2400 3.1 Ghz radeon hd 6770 4gb ram

run from iso. i can run it on hardware and it's ok but i wonder why software mode is glitchy. opengl dont work for me.
In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.

Thank You.
(04-04-2014, 08:21 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.

Thank You.

Windows 7 32 bit
pcsx2 1.2.1 r5875
mtvu speed hack
I thought this was a known issue? The game looks pretty good in hardware mode but there's actually supposed to be a sort of haze outside that gets rendered weirdly in software mode and ignored in hardware mode. It also misses out some shadows etc. The weird shimmering in software mode only affects the outside section before you go up the staircase and then it's fine.

From my PS2 console:
[attachment=49813]
GSdx hardware mode (Direct3D 11):
[attachment=49814]
GSdx software mode (Direct3D 11) (looks the same in D3D9 and OpenGL):
[attachment=49815]

I'm currently running PCSX2 1.3.0.5927 but the issue's been there for "a while" as far as I'm aware. Direct 3D11 looks the best as the fountain renders incorrectly in Direct3D 9.

My spec is:
Intel® Core™ i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz
Windows 8.1 (64 bit)
16GB RAM
AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series (<--I can never remember exactly which one but that's what it reports as) EDIT: It's the 7870... just adding this mainly for my benefit as I can never remember!