..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Questions about rendering
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What's the difference between Hardware, Software and Null rendering? Also, which renderer should I use out of these possibilities (My graphics card is Nvidia GeForce GT 620)?
Direct3D9 (Hardware, Software and Null options)
Direct3D11 (Hardware, Software and Null options)
Null (Software and Null options)
OpenGL (Hardware and Software options)

Also, there is a minor graphical issue I'm having with Sly 3 with the Health bars. Is it possible to fix this?

[Image: zuuP1ne.png]

Also, I managed to fix this one, but there was an issue where there was an entire pirate ship missing causing me to get stuck in a chase part because the one I needed to chase runs through that ship and, well he fell in the water and got stuck. What caused this?

And a last thing, some of the enemies follow their paths inaccurately causing them to get stuck sometimes (also a minor issue, cause I haven't had any trouble with this).
DX11/10 renderer has better compatibility than DX9 renderer but can perform slightly worse in some games.
Software mode mostly/completely uses your CPU instead of the GPU for rendering the graphics, it also has the best compatibility rating fixing most of the graphical glitches you encounter in different games, but its also the slowest. For example, ratchet & clank ank jak & daxter series both require software mode to become graphically playable.

If I remember correctly Null is a debug mode/renderer.

If you have a strong enough PC you could try software mode on Sly 3 and see if it fixes your issues, I think I have heard that Sly games also work better in software mode.

I dont know how up-to-date the wiki is but there might be some useful information for you.
http://wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/GSDX
I got another problem now. Whenever I throw a Grapple-cam it explodes as soon as I switch to it and prevents me getting stuck in a job that requires it. This problem has been all over the place in the pirate town chapter. Is it possible to fix this?
"Also, I managed to fix this one, but there was an issue where there was an entire pirate ship missing causing me to get stuck in a chase part because the one I needed to chase runs through that ship and, well he fell in the water and got stuck. What caused this?"
How did you fix this issue.
I am currently playing through and have run into this issue I've tried everything I can think of: switching renderers turning off speedhacks booting the game in slow mode rathar than fast mode. The only thing I haven't tried it a new iso.
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.