..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Amplitude running slightly too quick or slightly too slow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am running Amplitude from an ISO using PCSX2 0.9.6 and it runs sloightly off-time at all times. The visuals appear fine, but the audio is either slightly too quick then/or slightly too slow.

I am using the SPU2-X 1.1.0 sound plug-in.

Any idea how I can solve this problem?
This might be because your fps is going either too slow or too quick for the game Smile (60 fps NTSC, 50 fps PAL)

Could try a different sound plugin or change some settings
(03-02-2009, 09:20 PM)Jasperking Wrote: [ -> ]This might be because your fps is going either too slow or too quick for the game Smile (60 fps NTSC, 50 fps PAL)

Could try a different sound plugin or change some settings
I do appear to be running at between 80 and 100% of the game speed (50 FPS - Europe BIOS).

I have a reletinvely powerful PC (Core 2 Duo E6750 processor, 4 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 (896 MB) video card) and I'm running the game at 640x480, so do you have any hints?
Try overclocking the processor if you haven't already (atleast 3-3.4ghz would be great)

The size of the window doesnt really make a difference either Smile
(03-02-2009, 09:29 PM)Jasperking Wrote: [ -> ]Try overclocking the processor if you haven't already (atleast 3-3.4ghz would be great)

The size of the window doesnt really make a difference either Smile
No, but surely changing the resolution would?
Changing the "Internal Resolution" shown in gsdx would make a difference, although with your graphics card using a high internal res shouldnt be too bad as long as it doesn't break some parts of the game (some games prefer the native internal res)
you managed to run amplitude? do you use some special version of PCSX2 0.9.6? what region is your version of amplitude? i've never gotten to after the screen that says "loading" with the us version, the pal version crashes my pcsx2 even before it says "loading"... Unsure