..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: pcsx2 speed issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
so I just got the emulater runing and can't seem to get more than 30 FPS
on ffX other games are even worse, anyone got an idea, I know my spec's
are low but Id like to get (some) speed if possable
my spec's

XP-SP2
IBM preload
Intel pentium 4 ht dual core 2.80GHz
506 MB RAM
128 MB intel ® 82945G express chipset family-128 MB

plugin's
gs-gsdx 5932 msvc 16.00, sse2 0.1.16 gsdx32 sse2 r5932
spu2-spu2 x r5893 2.0.0 spu2 x
Yeah, that cpu is weak, but the chipset graphics processor is awfull. There really isn't anything you can do other than play on your ps2.
(04-17-2014, 05:14 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, that cpu is weak, but the chipset graphics processor is awfull. There really isn't anything you can do other than play on your ps2.

yeah I know, I thought maybe there would be somthing I could do
to get more speed, like a plugin or somthing, do you know of a good one
or anything I can try?
You can try messing with speedhacks but that's really your only option other than playing on your ps2.
so, pentium 4 is a dualcore too?? :-) , its an single core ! , so you really can't get much speed up in it !!
(04-17-2014, 06:41 AM)Brock lessner Wrote: [ -> ]so, pentium 4 is a dualcore too?? :-) , its an single core ! , so you really can't get much speed up in it !!

I think the OP took the virtual core for a real one Tongue2
(04-17-2014, 07:05 AM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]I think the OP took the virtual core for a real one Tongue2
I think soo !! :-)
(04-17-2014, 06:41 AM)Brock lessner Wrote: [ -> ]so, pentium 4 is a dualcore too?? :-) , its an single core ! , so you really can't get much speed up in it !!

your right it is a single core, it does have two logical cpu's though
and I got this gsdx 890 plugin and I can run it on hardware now,
so I got a few more fps, BUT then I tried to change the res to a lower
setting after runing it and got about 20 extra fps so now it's about 40/60
only thing is I cant shut it down withOUT crashing it
Quote:gsdx 890
Quote:I cant shut it down withOUT crashing it

That's not surprising.
using an old buggy version of gsdx will of course bring you some shortcomings.
Im able to get full speed on disgaea and phantom brave, romancing saga runs at 25-30fps there has to be somthing else, would an open gl plugin work?, it seem's to work best for me for (epsxe)
Pages: 1 2