..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Final Fantasy XII, should I, with these specs?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I want to play FF XII on my computer because for now I do not have a controller for my ps2. I have made an iso file from the game DVD and am now wondering whether my computer would be able to run the game on pcsx2, so that the game would remain enjoyable. For example major speed drops, major graphic and audio issues as well as very low fps would pretty much ruin the experience.

My computers specs are as follows:
- Pentium Dual-Core CPU T4400 2.2 GHz
- ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650 (up to 2813 MB hypermemory)
- 4 GB RAM

So the question is:
should I even bother?
And if I should, with what settings?
Why not just try it since you made the ISO already? :/

As for the settings, you should probably stick with resolution of GSdx at native, maybe x2 if your GPU can handle it ok.
The speedhacks you can enable through the preset sliders but if you're not getting anything after preset 4 i doubt you can do much else. MTVU won't matter with a dual core and the cyclerate and cycle-stealing hacks should not be set to the maximum for they will likely just slow things down more.
I had a laptop with similar specs. Playing ffxii on it was impossible, unplayably slow.
The game runs quite well with fps a bit above 50 most of the time.
However, during battles fps drops to 30-40 and there are noticeable audio issues. Is there a way to get the fps stay at least around 45 where it would still be bearable?
My dad has the same cpu in his laptop. It won't run very well.
Seems that the terrible slowdown will remain. I think I'll just wait for my controller. Thanks for help.