..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Won't Run ISOs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello everybody.

I'm deeply sorry but I don't know which key words I should have used to find for my problem.
I'm not really into emulation so this is a whole new world that just confuses me, eheh.

Anyway, if you have forgiven me, I'd proceed to explain my problem.

I'm trying to play "Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance II" trough PCSX2 but as you would imagine, I'm failing.
I have installed the software and followed your guide (I think I have followed it perfectly, but at this point I may have done something wrong without realizing) but when I'm going to press FILE > RUN ISO > And then select the .ISO in my Downloads folder, it would just crash.

In the XQuartz terminal it would display the attached file.
So, do you know what am I doing wrong?

P.s. I also have all the CDs of the games I want to play, so if the process to play from the CD itself is easier, just illustrate it to me.. It will be more than fine! Thank you!

[attachment=50259]
Segmentation fault is said to be an indicator for a bad rip. Please try to redo you iso.
(04-25-2014, 11:26 PM)willkuer Wrote: [ -> ]Segmentation fault is said to be an indicator for a bad rip. Please try to redo you iso.

So basically the problem is the ISO itself?
Do you know the right procedure make an .ISO from a CD?
I do have Baldur's gate, I just don't know how to make an .ISO starting from it (the one I used it has been downloaded from internet).

Thank you!
I don't have a mac. If this would be the windows forum I would say imgburn but for macs I think it is one command in the terminal... but don't ask me which... I think a quick google search will help you.

Edit: Now I have read the bad thing with the download. Don't expect support for downloaded games in this forum. Always use your own disk and never a downloaded version even if you own the game. Sometimes it is not about moral but about law.
I see. Well I'm sorry about this, but I though it was legal to download once you had the original.. !
Anyway now that I know how things work I won't do it anymore.

At this point I'd just like to know how does it work to RUN CDs or make an ISO from a CD.
I did in the past search about this topic, but I didn't find anything useful (or at least that have worked).. So maybe someone who actually play with PCSX2 may be able to help.. Hoping they won't ignore me 'cause my "regret-download"!
Delete the downloaded one.
As far as i know, disc utility should allow you to make a reliable iso. But it probably isnt compatible with pcsx2 for mac since it´s hardly playable on the windows version.
(04-25-2014, 11:34 PM)willkuer Wrote: [ -> ]I don't have a mac. If this would be the windows forum I would say imgburn but for macs I think it is one command in the terminal... but don't ask me which... I think a quick google search will help you.

Edit: Now I have read the bad thing with the download. Don't expect support for downloaded games in this forum. Always use your own disk and never a downloaded version even if you own the game. Sometimes it is not about moral but about law.

Well in my county it`s legal to download a game you have legal rights to, ie you dont have to make the backup yourself. Its the same with arcade rom`s, if you own the board your allowed the rom. Im guessing it`s different in other country`s?
Ps i Rip my own, only way i can be sure of quality, not to mention that second hand P2 games are only $2
(04-25-2014, 11:48 PM)omnikam Wrote: [ -> ]Well in my county it`s legal to download a game you have legal rights to, ie you dont have to make the backup yourself. Its the same with
arcade rom`s, if you own the board your allowed the rom. Im guessing it`s different in other country`s?

We had this several times. It is about the UK laws since the site is hosted in the UK. In the UK it seems to be forbidden to download anything copyrighted from the web.
(04-25-2014, 11:50 PM)willkuer Wrote: [ -> ]In the UK it seems to be forbidden to download anything copyrighted from the web.

As well as in most of the world.
Pages: 1 2