..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Wild Arms Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I've been using pcsx2 time to play several rpg smoothly. But I am not able to configure it to play Wild Arms 3 or Wild Arms 5. The WA3 goes very slow in both hardware and software mode. And the WA5 goes to 60 fps but it looks blurry. If I disable Native resolution looks better but slows down.
Some of my laptop specs:

CPU: Intel ® Core ™ i7 2670QM Processor
RAM: 4GB
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 520MX 1GB

What settings should I put?
Sorry for my Inglés, I'm Spanish. Thanks.
wild arms game may be pretty demanding, and both your CPU & GPU are quite weak.
you'll have to keep native resolution, use all recommended speedhacks, +ee cycle rate to 1 or 2, maybe vu cycle stealing to 1 or 2 too.

But don't expect miracles.
Thanks for responding. He has forgotten me say that I am using:
pcsx2 1.2.1 r5875
This is the configuration I use:
[Image: sl4q9z.png]
I tried to increase + ee cycle rate to 1 and 2 and to increase vu cycle stealing to 1 and 2 but the speed is very unstable. I tried to Wild Arms 5. Can you think of anything else, please?
Keep your laptop plugged, don't run it on batteries. set windows power plan to performance mode.

...Or simply keep playing it on your PS2 until you can afford better.
Ok, thanks. One last question, if pcsx2 run in Windows XP instead of Windows 7 is more performance notary?
what is your cpu usage when you do nothing? Just look into the taskmanager in the performance tab and wait several seconds.
[Image: o0orw3.png]
0%? Well I would say you will have zero performance win as well. Additionally you loose DirectX11. I would recommend to keep your system.
Please also keep in mind that WinXP is not longer supported by microsoft. If you don't know what you are doing I would not use it anymore.

(BTW: pcsx2 is normally not very RAM hungry. WinXP might use less RAM but since you are not limited...)
Thanks for everything. You can close the post.