..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DQVIII Optimization
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Trying to get DQVIII NTSC to run smoothly on my PC at least native settings, but I am getting FPS in the 40s.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Specs

Windows 7
Motherboard: Asus A55BM-E
CPU: AMD A6-5400K 3.6Ghz Dual Core
GPU: Geforce GTX 650 1gig GDDR5
RAM: 8gigs DDR3 1600Mhz

Using mostly default settings with 8 bit textures enabled. I am new at this and don't have a complete understanding on how to best setup all the settings.
dq8 is damanding game and that apu might not be good enough but i could be wrong
What is the EE and GS% during the slowdowns? Those cpu specs with that Nvidia gpu should be enough for DQ8.

What other settings are you using?
(05-19-2014, 04:15 AM)DaTankAC Wrote: [ -> ]What is the EE and GS% during the slowdowns? Those cpu specs with that Nvidia gpu should be enough for DQ8.

What other settings are you using?

GS is between 60-80%
EE is 96-100%

Like I said most of my settings are default and I am not using any hacks or EE Cyclerate or VU cycle stealing.

My Plugin settings are:
GSdx 5875 (MSVC 18.00, SSE2)
LilyPad svn (r5822)
SPU2-X r5830
cdvdGigaherz (r5822)
USBnull Driver
FWnull Driver
DEV9null Driver

Video Settings:
Adapter: NVidia GeForce GTX 650
Renderer: Direct 11 (Hardware)
Interlacing: None
Original PS2 Resolution checked
Texture Filtering checked
Allow 8-bit textures checked
Enable HW Hacks checked
Skipdraw set to 1 (to enable shadows in hardware mode)
(05-19-2014, 05:13 AM)APaperbackHero Wrote: [ -> ]GS is between 60-80%
EE is 96-100%

Like I said most of my settings are default and I am not using any hacks or EE Cyclerate or VU cycle stealing.

My Plugin settings are:
GSdx 5875 (MSVC 18.00, SSE2)
LilyPad svn (r5822)
SPU2-X r5830
cdvdGigaherz (r5822)
USBnull Driver
FWnull Driver
DEV9null Driver

Video Settings:
Adapter: NVidia GeForce GTX 650
Renderer: Direct 11 (Hardware)
Interlacing: None
Original PS2 Resolution checked
Texture Filtering checked
Allow 8-bit textures checked
Enable HW Hacks checked
Skipdraw set to 1 (to enable shadows in hardware mode)

try 2x scale it may or may not he ee that = cpu bottlenecking as far as i am aware
Enable the MTVU speedhack for a huge boost in this game. The cycle mod hacks don't work so well though, they make the game choppy.
If it's PAL version, 8bit textures causes slowdowns. And oddly enough on my machine MTVU also causes minor(about 4-5fps)slowdowns with this game.