..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Toggle software/hardware without keyboard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there any way to change the F9 toggle between software and hardware to something other than F9? Ideally I could bind it to say, the down arrow on the controller. I have PCSX2 running on the TV, and trying to swap between software and hardware for FMV's in Final Fantasy is impossible atm.

I have a tiny wireless keyboard, but it doesn't have an F9, stops at F8 ... Just my luck =-)

Thanks
You would have to modify the source code yourself, but a simple hotkey change like this shouldn't be too hard to do.
You could use an application like xpadder or joy2key to bind f9 to any of the buttons on a controller.
Also if you check manual game fixes I think there was one that automatically changed FMV's to software mode.
I thought in the latest bulids there was a check box under manual fixes, which when enabled, would automatically switch to sw mode from hw mode when playing fmv's.
(05-26-2014, 06:12 PM)Dark Infernape Wrote: [ -> ]I thought in the latest bulids there was a check box under manual fixes, which when enabled, would automatically switch to sw mode from hw mode when playing fmv's.
There is also that.

(05-26-2014, 05:47 PM)paranoidtie Wrote: [ -> ]You could use an application like xpadder or joy2key to bind f9 to any of the buttons on a controller.
Also if you check manual game fixes I think there was one that automatically changed FMV's to software mode.

Yeah, xpadder would work fine same with Joy2Key
Hey sweet, I didn't notice that option. Thanks for that. I might try joy2key if the need were to arise later.