..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: KH2FM Crash error (no english patch)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
every time i try to play this game, at certain points it crashes for example during the jafar fight when ever i go to use the reaction command the game crashes, or right after the scene in front of the mansion right before you fight the nobodies with Mickey it crashes before the game even loads the fight, Or during the fight with luxord when he uses his desperation move and wants me to select x or o for some reason if i hit an x it freezes but not o, it also happens in various other places as well.

Here is my error in the log for the luxord fight

Offset 0xa849000 invalid. Legit SIGSEGV. Aborting.
pcsx2.sh: line 2: 5043 Segmentation fault: 11 ./pcsx2

i have tried both the english patched iso and the original japanese iso nothing works please any help would be nice as to what is going on here

in order to get past these i have had to use the (very laggy) svn port and play through these parts but that is annoying and i would like to speed run this game on here but i can't because of the crashes

this all started happening after the osx mavericks update came around but here are my specs

Macbook Pro
13-inch, Mid 2012
Processor: 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory: 4gb 1600 Mhz DDR3
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000
Software: OS X 10.9.3 (13d65)

Thank you.
As mentioned in the pcsx2(mac)-FAQ's. Segmentation fault indicates a bad iso. Try to redump your iso as described in the FAQ's.
Thank you I will try this
Also you might try PCSX2-CE so you can use a more updated PCSX2 on mac:

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Testers-W...-OS-X-v1-0
I tried re dumping the iso and still the problem persists I will try downloading the other program but I haven't had much luck with svn ports but I will see thank you for the help.
(06-12-2014, 09:10 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: [ -> ]Also you might try PCSX2-CE so you can use a more updated PCSX2 on mac:

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Testers-W...-OS-X-v1-0

Ive tried this out and I'm getting the same old errors that i would get with any other svn port the game runs and doesn't crash but it has errors such as the attached screen shot i think it has to do with the zerogs plugin but I'm unsure any help on that would be appreciated i would rather use this if i can get it working. In the screen shot it is just really over bright and annoying to look at not to mention a fps droped from 60 to 38. Thank you for the help.
I think they got GSdx software mode working in CE. Read the thread and find out how to do that, plus set extra rendering threads to 2 or 3 in it. That will give accurate graphics, and hopefully your computer can run it at full speed.
(06-13-2014, 06:31 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: [ -> ]I think they got GSdx software mode working in CE. Read the thread and find out how to do that, plus set extra rendering threads to 2 or 3 in it. That will give accurate graphics, and hopefully your computer can run it at full speed.

I tried the steps outlined in console emus setup guide downloaded everything he said was necessary but it still does not run GSDx in software mode. Whenever I try to run it in pcsx2 it crashes instantly. Before the mavericks update I could run the non svn port flawlessly no issues so I know that the segmentation errors I have been receiving couldn't possibly be a faulty iso it is probably with the new x11 since apple doesn't support x11 anymore. This is just frustrating but I guess I will have to wait until December when the hd remaster comes out to play this again thank you anyway for your help.
just wanted to post an update i got everything working 100% on the CE version GSDx and all thank you for all your help i will add some screenshots to show it working and everything! Thank you!